Color blind friendly

ValtAoiValtAoi Posts: 1
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 15 September, 2020, 04:03 pm.

Hi, this is a request to make the game more accessible for color blind people. I am color blind and am not able to differentiate between the different dragon egg Portkeys, especially the green and red one. I have to ask my wife and kids to identify the color of the Portkey on my screen so that I can pick the right one. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• RelaxLahRelaxLah Posts: 66 ✭✭
    #311 September, 2020, 02:18 am.

support !

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #411 September, 2020, 08:51 pm.

Actually, if you notice, the dragon-event portkeys have a shine underneath them, regular portkeys don't. So, for picking up dragon-event specific portkeys and differentiate them from regular, are you able to easily see that shine underneath?

However, i agree that when you need only "Red" eggs versus "Green" ones, it is a challenge.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #511 September, 2020, 08:58 pm.

Yes, the shine makes it easy to tell dragon portkeys from regular ones, but it's hard to tell the difference between specific ones. Specifically, once I get both dragon pages to silver I'm going to focus on trying to get oddities IV to gold. So all I want are fireball (which look like Welsh Green to me) and Vipertooth (which look similar to Opaleye) eggs. It will be a challenge.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #615 September, 2020, 08:13 am.
  • RavKevClawRavKevClaw Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 15 #715 September, 2020, 08:48 am.

This seems a real challenge for people with colour blindness. The Devs should be aware for this beside adding new content.

Did you guys consider to use the developer settings on Android? There use to be some three different filters. It may be a solution, but it's better if the Devs implement a colour blind filter that you can turn on - off in the settings in-game

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 947 admin
    #815 September, 2020, 04:03 pm.

Thanks for this feedback and for sharing your experience. I've passed the feedback along to the team and we will take this into consideration in future events with similar mechanics!