September Event Calendar Update + Surprise Dragon Week

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 September, 2020, 09:51 pm.

Hi witches and wizards,

Due to a delay in the 2.15 Game Update, we will, unfortunately, be postponing the September Brilliant Event: Battle of the Department of Mysteries Part 1, by one week. The event will now be held Tuesday, September 15 at 11 a.m PT–Tuesday, September 22 at 11 a.m. PT. Week 2 of the Brilliant Event will remain unchanged. However, due to the shift for Week 1, we will be postponing the September Community Day until October. We will give you an update on the new date soon. Please see the updated September Overview post for the revised September calendar.

To keep your wizarding skills sharp next week, we will be hosting a special Dragon Week Event! From Tuesday, September 8 at 9 a.m. PT–Tuesday, September 15 at 9 a.m. PT, players from around the world will have the chance to encounter and battle all four regional Dragons and collect special 1 km Dragon Portmanteaus on the Map. This will be the first time that the Antipodean Opaleye, Chinese Fireball, Common Welsh Green, and Peruvian Vipertooth will appear globally. 

Enjoy!

-The Harry Potter Wizards Unite team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    #505 September, 2020, 12:55 am.

dragon eggs from portkey?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #905 September, 2020, 01:50 am.

@d40ppatt No... it is usually a nearly worthless gift. Dragons have value, due to them being region and event locked.

• d40ppattd40ppatt Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    #1005 September, 2020, 01:57 am.

@BenTiger your right in that this is a better "gift" but it is still the easy way rather than actually addressing the issue head on.

Dragons are great because of the region locked nature of them, but the PR needs addressed. Make it right instead of providing hush money.

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 70 ✭✭
    #1305 September, 2020, 02:04 am.

The bait is quite tempting this time....I wonder what the switch could be!

Or maybe it's just a farewell gift to those who were planning on retiring without getting the dragon frames to gold? 🤣

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    #1405 September, 2020, 02:26 am.

Will dragon eggs be spawning on the ground or ONLY drops from portkeys? Because I truthfully am going to do my best to gold Oddities III since the Antipodean Opaleye is not native to my region. To be perfectly honest I usually only see the Vipertooth, I don't recall seeing the Welsh Green since the last event and the Chinese Fireball isn't native to my region either. Drat I'm going to have to do a lot of walking.

edited September 5 #1505 September, 2020, 02:30 am.

I'm having issues finding a list of which regions each dragon is native to so I can plan this week out properly as far as "do these dragons and eggs first"... Can anyone help me with that? Like I said previously I'll probably hit Oddities 3 hard but Oddities 4 deserves love too...

• d40ppattd40ppatt Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    #1605 September, 2020, 02:39 am.

@LionessMolly Vipertooth is the Americas and Greenland, Welsh Green is Europe and Africa, Opaleye is Oceana, and Fireball is Asia, Middle East and India.

• MarkosusMarkosus Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1805 September, 2020, 03:10 am.

@hpwulola Will the dragons also be boosted and not weather dependent?

edited September 5 #1905 September, 2020, 04:29 am.

@d40ppatt well drat, I'm about to have way too much walking to do. (Seriously it censored c r u d??? REALLY?!? I'm 38 not 12.)

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #2005 September, 2020, 04:34 am.

Clearing my portkeys out asap with hope to find a lot of them during the event week :D last event I had tough luck with portkeys. Lets see *fingers crossed* finally will be able to use all those keys i saved up

• Eleanor001Eleanor001 Posts: 75 ✭✭
    #2105 September, 2020, 04:57 am.

My first Dragons week! Yayyyyy!!🤩🙌💃🏻

Any tips guys for a first timer?🧐🧐

• Akex131415Akex131415 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2205 September, 2020, 05:22 am.

Nice, but not good enough.

No more cash from me, period.

• MirrorballmanMirrorballman Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2305 September, 2020, 05:58 am.

Nothing against seeing dragons again, finally. That is the good part of the news.

But just wondering, so we will get the next DADA and restricted section books only a week later (as the brilliant event is delayed)?

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited September 5 #2405 September, 2020, 05:59 am.

Yaay, I can finally get rid of those bronze pages!

Good thing I have this trace charm to help... Oh wait, you fixed it right before this surprise event...

@Eleanor001 Empty all your portkeys so you can stack up on dragon ones.

• melbmelbmelbmelbmelbmelb Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2505 September, 2020, 06:09 am.

Too many resources were invested in obtaining trace charm nodes to be conveniently forgotten about with a week of dragons for many long term players.

The 'text changes only, no changes to mechanics or node bonuses' was a blatant lie, and players are fed up with the pitiful 'oh sorry, have some dittany as compensation' apology gifts.

The game does not need a mechanic for a sped up Tonic for Trace Detection.

• ProfSlitherusProfSlitherus Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 5 #2605 September, 2020, 06:34 am.

Hi @hpwulola ,

Regarding dragonegg/portkeys will they be 0.5km (normal distance is 1km) due to Covid?

• CoDiCexxxCoDiCexxx Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2705 September, 2020, 07:50 am.

I do e spending g money and time.e in this **** company

• Ahber88Ahber88 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2805 September, 2020, 08:16 am.

create a system to punish free loaders at wizard tower rather than giving us new event.

• UnluckyHydraUnluckyHydra Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited September 5 #2905 September, 2020, 08:52 am.

Please communicate if something is unbalanced a lot faster in the future. So many of these bugs seem like they should be revealed with testing but supposedly some bugs can go unnoticed unless in mass.

However, the Trace Charm feature worked in it's bugged state the same way, for everyone. Stealth fixing the Trace Charm feature after saying you wouldn't change anything was always going to leave a bad taste in the players mouth. I won't quit this game because I still really enjoy it and Dragons are near impossible for me to finish normally.

I just hope you stop pushing the community away. This game is already way smaller than Pokémon Go. Plus the future releases of other Niantic games like Catan World Explorers are just going split the player base even more. I'm sure all this COVID stuff has made it very difficult for you guys but communicating delays or intended balance fixes as soon as they are needed will definitely help more than do harm.

I hope you guys enjoy your long weekend.

• UnluckyHydraUnluckyHydra Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #3005 September, 2020, 08:59 am.

@ProfSlitherus I'm sure you would rather have official confirmation from Lola but I highly doubt they are going to half a 1km port key otherwise they would have said that when they announced it. They still have brillants at 1.5km for walking so I'm sure a week is plenty of time to bust through a bunch if you have the time. Doesn't hurt to ask though, because I'd gladly be wrong.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5 #3105 September, 2020, 09:36 am.

lets also hope this event spawns really really increase, there are 8 foundables target to prestige.