September Wizarding Weekend

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 09 September, 2020, 04:38 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Spend a weekend rounding up Magizoology Foundables!

From Friday, September 4 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, September 7 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Magizoology Foundables with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Runestones, Spell Energy and a Silver Key.
  • Increased sightings of the Billywig, Branch of Bowtruckles, Occamy Eggs, Unicorn and Newt Scamander Foundables on the Map and from Tonic for Trace Detection.
  • Players have a chance to receive a Magizoology Runestone after returning event Traces.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Tagged:

Comments

• XtianBeXtianBe Posts: 3
    #228 August, 2020, 06:36 pm.

Should fix the difficulty, some highs come out as severe and severe ones as emergency, no matter how much you have the masteries they are still difficult to capture even if you are at level 60, you cannot always depend on using potions

• Nosbor78Nosbor78 Posts: 2
    #329 August, 2020, 03:05 am.

The Billywig, screen trash, something I have seen 506 of is getting bumped for Wizarding Weekend?

I've seen two Pickett's this year, but the Billywig is getting increased spawn?

Am I reading that right?

• EaglesClaw88EaglesClaw88 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #429 August, 2020, 03:32 am.

Pickett already had an event this year.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭
    #529 August, 2020, 05:48 am.

@EaglesClaw88 So has many of the other foundables that will be present in the event.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭
    #630 August, 2020, 12:18 am.

Great for the unicorn, just never hope too high. 😗

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #730 August, 2020, 02:46 pm.

Since the knight bus is fixed now... What new "feature" do we get? 😂

#831 August, 2020, 02:03 am.

any detail tasks yet?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 133 ✭✭
    #931 August, 2020, 08:29 am.

Nice one for unicorn, because this is real hard to find foundables. I hope finish all prrstige gold in magizoolgy too.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #1031 August, 2020, 07:19 pm.

Courtesy of Orange Wizard

#1131 August, 2020, 07:32 pm.

the return tasks should cover those family xp task,🤔

just hoping there's no scarce spawn for magizoo family

• MempoMempo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1201 September, 2020, 09:30 pm.

Any chance of a way to handle the "pick up an ingredient" daily quest? The coins and energy would really help with trying to actually do these events from home. I would love if trace potions could also let us spawn ingredients or something.

#1301 September, 2020, 11:00 pm.

@Mempo it would be advantageous if there is reachable inn/greenhouse, while there is no guaranted spawn around those we could still use inn charm or greenhouse charm to forced spawn something to pick up.

• MempoMempo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1402 September, 2020, 05:59 am.

@Kodokmag I don't have any inns or greenhouses within about 15 minutes of me so I only get to use them when I go to town once a week to pick up my meds at the pharmacy 😢

• Zuzanna93Zuzanna93 Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #1502 September, 2020, 01:13 pm.

@Nosbor78 Wizarding weekends usually have 2 no-beam traces, one yellow beam-trace, one orange-beam trace and one red-beam trace boosted. I believe Picket is orange, as is the unicorn. The unicorn was chosen for this event, most likely because, as stated, Picket was already boosted during an earlier event. I think the reason for boosting non-beam traces is because they are more common and will allow people to gather family xp and runestones, should they be in need of them.

Apart from these general rules, Wizarding weekends focus on a complete family, giving some traces from each of the pages, while community days will focus on a specific page and have all of those traces boosted.

I like this one! The billywig and tranch are of less importance but I'm very happy with the other three! When I saw the traces that would be boosted, I quickly did some challenges and got the last thunderbirds and occamies that I needed to prestige the page to silver. Now I'm hoping I'll be able to star Newt, the unicorn and the occamy eggs so I can continue to go for gold without delay! :D

#1602 September, 2020, 10:36 pm.

@Zuzanna93 dont get hope too high yet. We still at the mercy of inconsistency of events spawn rate. Lets also hope magic fairy really increase event spawns. 😊

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 122 ✭✭
    #1704 September, 2020, 03:38 pm.

You can count me out, I’m on strike..

give me all my green books back that I wasted on the trace charm!

nevermind, you can keep them, I’ve already deleted the app along with ingress and pogo

good riddance! Thank you for freeing me from your insanity!

• BaldyOneBaldyOne Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1804 September, 2020, 06:32 pm.

Event just started in Australia. Already got frozen in a battle and am now stuck in an infinite restart loop. 😩

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1904 September, 2020, 06:33 pm.

And...the login loop mess is back. Geez, you guys are really dropping the ball these last few months.

• WhiteWitchxWhiteWitchx Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2004 September, 2020, 06:34 pm.

Hi just started the weekend game went into the KB 15mins in and now I’m in a loop again for the second time

what’s going on ????

• StimpysFitzStimpysFitz Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #2104 September, 2020, 06:37 pm.

Just started in the US. Froze in a wizard challenge and can’t get back in myself.

• BaldyOneBaldyOne Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2204 September, 2020, 06:40 pm.

Reinstalling didn't fix. Lost Baruffio potion, TTD potion, runestone and 1 battle as well as letting down the other wizards and witches in the battle.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2304 September, 2020, 06:40 pm.

A whole 40 minutes into the event, got frozen out during a challenge and now in the infinite restart loop while a Barrufio's is wasting away. For the love of all that is good in this world, FIX THE PROBLEM THAT HAPPENS EVERY WIZARDING WEEKEND!

EPHedwig

• CmdsdCmdsd Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #2404 September, 2020, 06:42 pm.

Hi,

I’m stuck in a restart loop too.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #2504 September, 2020, 06:46 pm.

Got stuck in the loop AGAIN after being on the knight bus! I got back in but nothing was showing on my map and for a minute or two my avatar was just stuck with it's arms out doing nothing and it keeps saying connection error. It is clearly NOT a wifi/connection issue holy moly could someone please apply a permanent fix to this issue or I don't know if I'll be sticking around this time!!! Sorry to my teammates if they were left shorthanded or I looked like I was freeloading cause I most certainly was NOT. This game needs a serious bug cleansing and FAST. What a poor time to be taking a week off

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4 #2604 September, 2020, 06:54 pm.

@hpwulola the restart loop bug is back and I also got stuck in it for a bit while I was on the Knight bus. I have been able to get back into the game now though.

Apologies to the players who I was battling with in the fortress, I wasn’t able to get back in during the battle.

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    #2704 September, 2020, 06:55 pm.

@HPWUTeam How is this still happening? How many events in a row does the Knight Bus have to break, and how many events in a row do you have to do a fix before you actually fix the problem? Fortunately my interest in the game has dropped so low I didn't even notice the event started, so I'm not personally locked out. I honestly have no idea why this problem was allowed to persist into the second event. It was inexcusable that it happened for a third, fourth, fifth, etc.

Are you somehow not aware the game is broken? If you need it spelled out, IT IS BROKEN. FIX YOUR GAME.

• MLX92MLX92 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2804 September, 2020, 07:05 pm.

The restart loop is back 🤬

• SpuckkoSpuckko Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2904 September, 2020, 07:05 pm.

Also caught in an infinite restart loop :(

• Pun1sherPun1sher Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3004 September, 2020, 07:07 pm.

Same, kicked off the Knight Bus in during a battle and the infinite restart loop is back.

• LunahdoraLunahdora Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3104 September, 2020, 07:07 pm.

And here we go again.... Cant get in at all..