Approved Waypoints and edits not Syncing (Again!)

Comments

• PamdmPamdm Posts: 70 ✭✭
    #3216 August, 2020, 10:33 am.

I have moved out of the city into my small town. Started nominating way spots early June and currently have 16 approved, all of which are live in Pogo. Still nothing in wizards unite and my home is a dead zone for spawns, ingredients and energy.

So not enjoying having to choose between going out and not playing at all when the pandemic is still raging in my country.

• BoboCoderBoboCoder Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3318 August, 2020, 03:00 am.

The game is getting more and more frustrating to play with more demanding tasks and less task spawns. My friends and I are also in a new neighborhood without ANY map spawns. We have also several approved submissions that could greatly benefit the community but it’s just been poor disappointment for the past three months. I check back on this post almost every single day for a possible update but never get to hear anything, not even a sure timeline. @HPWUrobert @HPWUcasey please prioritize this fix as this bug has been existence for a long long time.

• janhm73janhm73 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #3419 August, 2020, 11:03 am.

Soo @HPWUrobert , @hpwulola, @HPWUTeam any news?

Any priority ?

Any timeline ?

Whats going on ?

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 719 admin
    #3520 August, 2020, 06:13 pm.

@janhm73 Wayspot sync issue is listed in the top known issues list and will stay top of mind for us until a fix is available. There is no ETA.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    #3620 August, 2020, 07:22 pm.

When is that going to be? 1 month? 6? before 2020 xmas? after? a year? What is the issue? and sorry but after a total -so far- 4 months out of 12 of the game's existence w/o sync, no eta isnt good enough, no info isnt good enough. In october it'll be almost half a year w/o sync.

• SuperFriedRiceSuperFriedRice Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3721 August, 2020, 07:14 am.

Is "some time" going to take more than a year?

• MagicalMeeMagicalMee Posts: 1
    #3824 August, 2020, 07:36 am.

Me and my husband have the same problem with new waypoints, I have done many new ones which are all appearing in Ingress and PokemonGO but keep appearing/disappearing from Wizards Unite, (which we play the most) any idea if there will be a fix soon? It is very annoying!

Also I have downloaded the game on 2 new devices Ipad and Iphone 6S in order to play when my main phone is charging but the game doesn't load and doesn't download data. Does anyone know why?

Thank you!

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    #3927 August, 2020, 08:20 am.

@HPWUrobert Can they at least do a monthly manual sync? Going for so many months with no syncing of new POIs is unacceptable!

#4030 August, 2020, 08:29 am.

there's at least 2-3k non synced pois in Greece alone, and Greece isn't a large country. What can they possibly give us to make up for all this lost time? 2000 Dada + Rsbs? lol. I mean I wish but I dont think they will.

#4104 September, 2020, 12:04 pm.

Just hope they wont fix POI sync like the"fixed" the TC bug with a bucket of dynamite.

#4204 September, 2020, 01:11 pm.

it wont be a bucket of dynamite, it'll be a tzar bomba.

• WinterDrachenWinterDrachen Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #4311 September, 2020, 03:35 am.

I hate to admit it, but after the dragons release I'm done untill that is fixed. I've invested my free time instead of doing something more worthly as just new POIs for pokemon go and ingress players and making out if that or those nominations are ok. I want to play and not to prepare myself for something that will eventually perhaps someday happen and wait for the Team to do their jobs. I want to have a joy and a feeling of the success from the game, that is taken from me btw also by that ridiculous nerf of the TC.

• SsssturSssstur Posts: 1
    #4514 September, 2020, 07:57 am.

I would also like an update on when this issue will be fixed? There are loads of new POI in my town that are not updated in HPWU.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #4614 September, 2020, 08:21 am.

Shame this isn’t fixed yet. I’ve been adding quite a few new POI to my own area and those nearby.

I do wonder how it’s going to affect inns & fortresses when the sync does kick in.

#4717 September, 2020, 07:56 am.

Hi @HPWUrobert

Sorry but its getting ridiculous.

Can you at least give us a time-frame.

Or is it because there is no time-frame, because it's not prioritized?

#4817 September, 2020, 10:09 pm.

@HPWUrobert is it ok if we keep placing new POIs in the area, will they appear after your fix or should we better wait with it untill some news from you guys?

It is impossible to just hang around and wait -.-

• SharkFanCologneSharkFanCologne Posts: 1
    #4918 September, 2020, 11:40 am.

@HPWUrobert@hpwulola

Hello this is earth we call Niantic.

Niantic please respond.

What is wrong with your POI - database servers ? It can't be that difficult to synchronize data points.

In Cologne (Germany) we felt no synchronizations in the last 3 months, in other games new poi appeared and some were deleted. 

When will we finally get a new state of affairs on this topic ?

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #5018 September, 2020, 03:31 pm.

@SharkFanCologne, FYI, Robert and Lola likely work for Warner Bros/Portkey Games, rather than Niantic.

The issue is likely on the WB side, so Robert and Lola would be the ones to know the status and ETA.

On August 18 NianticCasey responded on the sister thread on the Niantic Wayfarer forum:

Hi there,

Circling back with an update here, unfortunately I have no news to share. This update is on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team to address and they are aware of it and working it into their release schedule. Unfortunately, that's all the information I have but I will keep an eye on this and let you know when there's movement on their side.

Thanks for your patience!

"Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team" probably means a WB team, but there is no direct confirmation.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 719 admin
    #5119 September, 2020, 12:42 am.

Hi everyone,

We've started work to resolve this issue. The team will need to rebuild how the data gets synced to Wizards Unite. I'll chat with the team next week to get an update on their progress.

As a general reminder, keep the discussion in this thread on topic.

#5219 September, 2020, 11:51 am.

@HPWUrobert I appreciate your answer, thank you!

That is at least something to be waiting for.

Hoping to read some great news from you soon!

#5319 September, 2020, 08:20 pm.

@HPWUrobert So, by your response; hpwu staff was just sitting on this issue for months, even after it was identified? This is a core part of the game. Please make sure this gets fixed.... and not "fixed" like fragment-gate, trace charms and threat levels.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #5420 September, 2020, 03:27 am.

Thanks for the update HPWURobert!

#5521 September, 2020, 08:47 pm.

We are still here, please don't forget the sync problem, we need the new POIs!

• Sergeich0Sergeich0 Posts: 1
    #5623 September, 2020, 10:42 am.

Hi!

I have the same problem, my and my friends nominations doesn't synchronized with HPWU map.

#5724 September, 2020, 10:39 pm.

Hi! Still waitin' for some news. How is it going @HPWUrobert ? You've promised to find out whats going on :)

And yes, I am that happy person, who wasn't affected by the update with the black screen.

I am so waiting for the new POIs, there are several to appear in my neighbourhood. Please tell us that's gonna happen soon.

#5825 September, 2020, 08:12 am.

Hi @HPWUrobert

I hope that you managed to chat with the team as mentioned last week. If so, when do you recon you will have something to share.

#6026 September, 2020, 02:17 am.

Thank you @HPWUrobert !

That is really great to hear, that the team is about to fix the problem we have.

I would like to wake up one day and to see at least something new on the map nearby. And to share the joy with the others. I hope this will happen really soon.

Was it mensioned how long will it take this time?

The inns and greenhouses keep disappearing time to time every time I reload the game. That is disturbing.

edited September 26 #6126 September, 2020, 07:41 am.

@HPWUrobert

I've been seeing Inns dissapearing a lot, since yesterday... so yeah... their "fix" for the other Waypoint issue seems to have caused even more Waypoint issues. Reloading the game seems to bring them back.

This seems to be a common event with your developers, lately. Please put forth some effort in to testing these "fixes", so we don't just keep ending up with even more issues.

At least you brought us an update, as you promised. Thanks for that. "Determining the scope" does not sound that promising for a resolution in the near future, though.