Foundable help - Where to Find Buckbeak??

YodalinoYodalino Posts: 25 ✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 13 September, 2021, 04:58 pm.

I don't think I've ever seen this one, though I have 1/5 fragments on that page. Still at basic (though I have green starred every other foundable on that page) and I live in a COMC landmark area. Maybe I got this one in a portkey? Any suggestions to get it to appear more?? Level 39 here, so not quite new to the game

Comments

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #209 August, 2020, 09:33 pm.

@Yodalino hi and welcome to the forum!

Yes, it looks like your 1 Buckbeak fragment came from a portkey. You can tell because the "found at" location, which normally shows where you first encountered it, is "unplottable location". This is what it says when your first encounter was from a portkey.

As far as where to find Buckbeak, I don't think there is a preferred location. Since April the landmark flags have been switched off, so right now you get no extra benefit from being in a CoMC area. Your best hope to find one is probably to find an area where you can reach multiple inns and put 3 dark detectors on each one. This will cause rare traces to spawn. There's no guarantee you'll see Buckbeak, but you are likely to see multiple severe/emergency things, so hopefully he'll show up.

• YodalinoYodalino Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited August 2020 #310 August, 2020, 05:05 am.

@mtpollux Thanks, nice to know the locations have been turned off. I've tried placing dark detectors at inns (always 3, as I have so many with no inns super close to me), and using a TTD potion, but no luck that way either. I usually only get a handful of rare traces anyway and usually it's the ones I've already green starred.

Just frustrating that in over a year of play, I haven't seen this one yet. I'm so tired of having base level pages when half my registry is gold. Perhaps another inn visit, sitting in my car and looking like a creeper is in order. 😂

Anyone know what colour of light to the sky this one is? Yellow, orange, red? Helps to prioritize for me

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #410 August, 2020, 05:57 am.

it is severe => orange

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #510 August, 2020, 06:30 am.

That basic page just like my oddities basic page. Mine stuck with brown centaur (only seen 4) had stiring and agitated search engine but still no luck for brown centaur (and still basic prestige)

• Niff1erTick1erNiff1erTick1er Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #610 August, 2020, 11:18 pm.

Just for a data point, I'm level 43, been playing since the first week of release, and I've only seen 5.

Kodokmag's lack of Brown Centaurs though is just bizarre. I'm at Gold with 333 so far.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #710 August, 2020, 11:37 pm.

Maybe i just missed the brown centaur outbreak at the beginning of the game. LoL

Well i hope that will improve, it did improve with firenze (magical care family), and erkling, also young ron from LoH. Those are some of the traces i'm stuck with.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #811 August, 2020, 03:13 pm.

Centaurs are based on a few points, namely average rainfall and, iirc, forestry base. Buckbeak is just severe and rare, no location or weather based conditions apply. Like you, @Yodalino I rarely see Buckbeak and he often holds back the prestige of that page. At lvl 48, I have managed to find only 34 total and I believe most were during a boosted event. Keep looking (or perhaps walking off portkeys) and you'll get t

• YodalinoYodalino Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #915 August, 2020, 01:42 am.

Ugh, so just got back from a quick vacation where I could wait for dinner in between 2 inns. 3 dark detectors on each, TTD potion and using the new extra trace things on an orange flame foundable, and still no buckbeaks. For 3 days in a row. I did manage to green star a lot of other rare foundables, but I just don't even care about them now!! 😂 And lots of hiking, so tons of portkeys opened. And then I remembered that even if I did find one, I'd still have to find 3 more to even prestige that page. I give up. Pretty sure I'll find one of those New Zealand dragons first, even with Covid and no travel

• Hollygo14Hollygo14 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 13 #1013 September, 2021, 04:58 pm.

I have finished every task and only have one Buckbeak despite numerous pink potions and port keys. This is frustrating!!!and my user name is Hollygo13. Accidentally set up a new profile logging in with Facebook. I am on Level 48!