Brilliant Event: First Year at Hogwarts Brilliant Event - Part 1

HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 699 admin
edited August 7 in Announcements #1 latest comment 27 August, 2020, 12:10 am.

Help return Brilliant Foundables from Diagon Alley during Part 1 of the First Year at Hogwarts Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, August 11 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

Part 1

• Gringotts Facade - Wizarding Challenges
  • First Year Shopping List - Brilliant Portkey
  • Stack of Cauldrons - Tasks
  • Brilliant Monster Book of Monsters - Encounter
  • Brilliant Goblin - Encounter

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. 

Don’t forget to pick up your complimentary store pack which will contain the following:

• 6x Baneberry
  • 4x Bulbadox Juice
  • 4x Angels Trumpet
  • 2x Erumpent Horn
  • 25 Spell Energy

Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 705 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7 #207 August, 2020, 06:48 pm.

Will there be brilliant traces/encounter like last event unicorn? Giving 2 fi ld guides

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #308 August, 2020, 01:53 am.

@HPWUrobert will the re-placement of fragments within the pages reward 1,000 WXP during this event? Otherwise it is completely useless to continue to capture brilliant events since they don’t give field guides nor any WXP. The past few brilliant events I have maxed out the family engaging with brilliant events due to the WXP as I just leveled up this morning and need 700,000 to level to 50 so if this is a bug or not going to happen please clarify so that I know in advance to play the event to the absolute bare minimum as with the SOS release all of the rewards including daily tasks still giving out scrolls for something a large portion of us don’t need makes it useless to continue returning brilliant traces. This question was never fully answered by anyone in the HPWU team when I originally asked it and MANY players would like a verification versus not fully answering the question ...PLEASE. And thank you very much in advance.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #510 August, 2020, 12:32 pm.

@RabbeinuTam thank you so much for that information and I too found similar results except I didn’t get anything from Flaurs and Fauna runestones this weekend. 😢

#610 August, 2020, 03:09 pm.

No infographic yet? 😬😊😗

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited August 10 #710 August, 2020, 10:38 pm.

What foundables will appear more often? Anyone know?

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    #810 August, 2020, 10:53 pm.

How many DADA books will we be able to earn this event?

• BaldyOneBaldyOne Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #911 August, 2020, 05:39 am.

@Klc5048 There will be 5 DADA books from the standard assignments plus a further 5 DADA books for those who complete the bonus assignment.

#1011 August, 2020, 07:05 am.

I hope there is no surprise-time-consuming task tommorow. 😬

• Zuzanna93Zuzanna93 Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #1111 August, 2020, 08:23 am.

Does anyone know what tasks we have to complete? Not that I do a lot of preparation but it would be nice to know if a certain amount of family xp is needed at some point.

Also are there any normal foundables that are boosted during the event?

#1211 August, 2020, 09:12 am.

Just gugling and it seems this upcoming brilliant tasks will be having much about potions, meaning brewing and using.

While my cauldron have been fully queued.

What a wonderfull world....

• MagobyteMagobyte Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #1311 August, 2020, 09:23 am.

Images in moderation.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    #1411 August, 2020, 10:36 am.

@Zuzanna93 and everyone else who is interested in rhe upcoming tasks:

• Zuzanna93Zuzanna93 Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #1511 August, 2020, 01:10 pm.

@Lycindelle Thanks! Already got my TTD brewing now 🤗

• MagobyteMagobyte Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #1611 August, 2020, 01:48 pm.
  • CBG92CBG92 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    #1711 August, 2020, 07:05 pm.

naturally I got kicked out in the middle of a battle and while using a baruffio's no less😂 happy event day lmao

• plentypokesplentypokes Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1811 August, 2020, 07:10 pm.

Two wizards in my community reported they have the Knight bus restart loop issue happening as well. One of them successfully completed one chamber and got a fragment, one more without getting a fragment and on the third attempt (all in ruins btw) when the timer went to 0 he got kicked out and it keeps looping. I am afraid to keep fortressing as the reason behind these crashes have not been made known. At the same time doing it is necessary to complete the event. Is anything being done to address these issues?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    #1911 August, 2020, 07:12 pm.

@plentypokes I bet it's just gonna go around until everyone experiences it😂 In all seriousness though I hope they fix it faster than last time. I was in forest 1

• lordpalflordpalf Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2011 August, 2020, 07:21 pm.

Stuck in a rebootloop as well, after started a forest 1 chamber (the first 2 times went without issues)

• OwlSparks23OwlSparks23 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2111 August, 2020, 07:23 pm.

I boarded the knight bus and am now in the restart loop as well.

• KamikazeQueenKamikazeQueen Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2211 August, 2020, 07:37 pm.

Stuck in the restart loop as well.

At least three of us in the same chamber got the same problem - froze/kicked/restart-loop in definitely.

Please @HPWUrobert Warn others of touching fortresses and Knightbus, again. And please do whatever possible to let us out of the loop... I really hope this gets solved faster than last time.

An extra 12 hours event from 8 pm to 8 am like last time in central Europe is just not fair compensation for 24 hours lost event.

#2311 August, 2020, 08:49 pm.

Anyone safely got through taks part 4?

• Claudio007Claudio007 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited August 11 #2411 August, 2020, 09:16 pm.

I need help PLEASE... stuck with the the following :

* collect 2 Gringotts fragments by using Brilliant first year at hogwarts runestones...

can anyone elaborate on that ? I don’t have that runestone... what should I do? Where should I look at ?

Anyone ????

Post edited by Claudio007 on
    #2511 August, 2020, 09:24 pm.

Local fortress also affected?

• WhomigaWhomiga Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited August 11 #2611 August, 2020, 09:59 pm.

I managed to get the necessary Runestones from Brilliant Captures and then fortunately didn't get caught in fortresses getting the 2 necessary items to finish off 1/4 - I'm now on 3/4, will have to wait when I get to 4/4 for the problems to be fixed before I try to do all the fortresses required.

BTW: CLAUDIO007, the runestones needed are earned in this case by capturing the Brilliant Items and leveling up the Brilliant Event.

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #2811 August, 2020, 10:41 pm.

@GalifreyanLady I too had issues trying to place a few of them actually. Those the one that was the hardest, to where I almost gave up, was the one from portkeys.

@HPWUrobert there are some issues with trying to place some of the items in the brilliant event page. The goblin was tricky but the one from portkeys was a pain. I started just tapping everywhere around it, long pressed, tapped middle of it. Tapped probably 20+ times before it finally registered.

• SASNIXSASNIX Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2911 August, 2020, 10:49 pm.

Help I can't even log into wizards unite for the last hour and earlier today even with a tonic I only found 2 monster book fragments in 2 hours. What is going on?????

• SASNIXSASNIX Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited August 11 #3011 August, 2020, 10:49 pm.

Whoops apologies for the double post

I still can't get in though, stuck on the loading page and now I am getting the wireless network message. I had not even attempted to enter a fortress earlier.

• KAT9255KAT9255 Posts: 1
    #3111 August, 2020, 10:58 pm.

No fragments dropping in fortresses. Wasted my only hard to acquire 9 runestones. Serious lack of brilliant foundables means I guess Im done with this game. Cant get out of lvl 2 in the event.