Not receiving an wizarding XP from placing brilliant event images?

KillaJulz910KillaJulz910 Posts: 5 ✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 17 August, 2020, 06:46 pm.

I am not receiving any Wizarding XP when I place images in the registry for this current event.

Is this a bug or did something change for this event?

Tagged:

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #231 July, 2020, 01:54 pm.

I second this. I have placed all images and am placing them a second time on the current event page and not getting the WXP. I know @hpwulola said the first page from the first ever event wouldn’t give the WXP but I was under the impression the second page would reward WXP. 🤷‍♀️

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #331 July, 2020, 04:36 pm.

Agreed, all i am receiving is 50xp for placing images again, and still getting the salamander, tree stump etc. BE runestones for this event are up to 72, and that's with having used a bunch in fortresses already.

#431 July, 2020, 04:36 pm.

@HPWUTeam i completed the brilliant event this morning and have everything green starred and placed so I placed the portkey item again and only received 5 brilliant event family XP and did not receive the 1000 WXP. Then I re-placed the fortress foundable and again only received the 5 brilliant event family XP. From the description of the event it was communicated to the players that the old Brilliant event page would not give out WXP for replacing items but the new page would. So far by my count I am did not receive 3,000 WXP and have 85 event runestones to use. Which normally I use those to keep replacing the item for WXP. So can someone please clarify if this is a bug or error.

Thank you kindly in advance!! 😁😁😁

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 671 admin
    #531 July, 2020, 06:52 pm.

When the 2.13.0 update was released a bug was introduced that rewards 1000 wxp for re-placing Brilliant images from past and present Brilliant events when certain conditions are met. This is not intended. It seems like the bug is not affecting the current Fantastic Flora & Faunt event page and matches the intended experience with Brilliant events and repeat image collection.

From the description of the event it was communicated to the players that the old Brilliant event page would not give out WXP for replacing items but the new page would.

@ClairabusGryff can you share for clarification?

#601 August, 2020, 01:59 pm.

@HPWUrobert so far I have not received the 1000 WXP for placing anything. Which I have re-placed the following:

1. Fire Crab
    2. Fire Seed ****
    3. Newt Scamander

All I received was 5 family XP when replacing these three items. I have Newt ready to place again but didn’t want to do that until I know what was going on. I had read there was a bug so I kept thinking it had been fixed which was why I tried placing three items.

Please let me know if you need any further information. Thank you so much Robert!

• VioletSun19VioletSun19 Posts: 2
    #701 August, 2020, 06:35 pm.

@HPWUrobert just to clarify, we do not get bonus WXP for placing fragments on the old page only the new? I’ve placed fragments for both completed pages and haven’t gotten any WXP.

• SpinduliukasSpinduliukas Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #803 August, 2020, 03:41 am.

I have collected 113 ruinestones for this briliant event already. No SOS books were awarded for placing/replacing immages on the briliant pages. Have maxed at level 65. I have a tresure chest skill that should award occasional charm recharge with the treasure trunks. The only time it refresh is when I complete .25 daily assignment. What's up with that? Is the skill does not work?

#904 August, 2020, 12:38 pm.

@Spinduliukas the treasure chests only work on family fragments not the brilliant event chests. But I maxed that out and get trace charm recharges about 2-3 times a day. So it is very helpful.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    #1007 August, 2020, 02:46 pm.

@HPWUrobert, re your comment above, do you know what the intent for 1,000 WXP was? If the intent was to give 1,000 WXP once then Flora&Fauna was still buggy - it did not give 1,000 WXP for placing an image the first time either.

• LyramisuLyramisu Posts: 4
    #1115 August, 2020, 12:49 am.

This is still happening. Yesterday I placed a brilliant Monster Book of Monsters for the first time in the First Year at Hogwarts event and didn't get any event XP. It was very frustrating because I was also on the step of needing to get the foundable from the tower challenge for the event task, and I was having to plunk away at event XP 3 XP at a time on foundables to do it.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1215 August, 2020, 06:35 am.

@Lyramisu Have you placed all 5 images yet?

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    #1317 August, 2020, 06:46 pm.

@Lyramisu I am getting 5 event XP for placing images. Note also that this post is about wizarding XP, not event XP. If you are sure you did not get any event XP from placing the image you should report this bug in a separate post.