Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
August Community Day — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

August Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 879 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 10 August, 2020, 01:41 am.

August Community Day is all day Saturday, August 8 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Ready your wand to take on increasingly difficult Wizarding Challenges to earn useful rewards! 

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

This Community Day you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on Wizarding Challenges of increasing difficulty, with rewards including Spellbooks, Scrolls, high-level Runestones and Gold 
  • Spell Energy will appear on the map and will give +5 Spell Energy
  • Wizarding Challenges will reward Spell Energy as well as increased Challenge XP
  • Guaranteed Runestone Reward fragments when using any Runestone in Forest Chamber IV and above in Wizarding Challenges.
Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    edited July 31 #331 July, 2020, 06:12 pm.

community day focused on challenge? have to increase my extimulo reserved then. 🤔

• LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #431 July, 2020, 06:16 pm.

@hpwulola Can you confirm if the tasks can be done at a normal Fortress, or Knight Bus only? OrangeWizard has the tasks listed as 'Take the Knight Bus & Win 1 Wizarding Challenge In'

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #531 July, 2020, 06:19 pm.

@hpwulola thanks for sharing the details for the community day. 😊

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    edited July 31 #631 July, 2020, 06:21 pm.

Agree that option to do outside of Knight Bus will be preferable, so we can organize a local meetup. I've already started banging the drum to get local players together XD

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 81 ✭✭
    #731 July, 2020, 06:45 pm.

No DADA books

Any DADA books

Zero DADA books

What is DADA books? We need above 1000 DADA books for SOS trees

11 years for complete the sos tree just DADA in BE won 5 books each time.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

• LaurieTLCLaurieTLC Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #831 July, 2020, 06:52 pm.

This is exactly the same event as the previous fortress day in May. Same tasks, but a few different rewards - including 2 less spellbooks and less spenergy this time. No DADA books either. If there are no new foes or anything different, what even is the point in this event? My only reason to play would be to grind fortress foundables to try and earn extra trace charms from treasure trunks.

I was really hoping for some events that would use the new skills we've been learning.

• YouDieIReviveYouDieIRevive Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #931 July, 2020, 06:59 pm.
    #1031 July, 2020, 07:21 pm.

could we ask for rewards to add some unicorn hair? pretty pleaseeeeeee

• MagikrhythmMagikrhythm Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1131 July, 2020, 07:45 pm.

Thanks!

However, making the guaranteed Fortress Foundables starting at Forest IV and up is a bit rough on newbie players that don't have professions high enough to successfully complete a chamber that high. Please reconsider moving it down to a high Tower level and up.

• sakiyuishirosakiyuishiro Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #1231 July, 2020, 10:00 pm.

Wait, no green books, no DADA books?!

Now we all wait eagerly for these two books…

What is the purpose of this community day?

• LeenieBeanieLeenieBeanie Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1301 August, 2020, 11:21 am.

PLEASE change this so we get DADA Books. 5 would be great. I'd even take 2 over zero! You release this whole new training, with all new books, tell us the most rare of which will come from "events" - not specifying Brilliant Events - then we only get 5 per event?! THEN ONLY getting them from Brilliant Events?!? I am guessing y'all have something planned for more DADA Book drops in the future. But, right now, everyone is just guessing. You either need to assure everyone that we won't have to slowly grind out Brilliant Events for years to complete lessons on our SOS Training, or actually give us little amounts during more than just Brilliant Events. Honestly, I would even be happier with Field Guides, Ministry Manuals, and/or Restricted Books for Community Day over Red Books!

My profession is maxed. I have a husband and son who play the other two, so, I have no real reason to level other professions. All of my Registry pages are Gold Framed, except Dragons, and that includes all of the Challenge Registry pages. I have 1600+ red books. I have 23K+ scrolls. I currently have an SOS rating of 13770. My husband's and son's ratings are both higher than that. We don't NEED Red Spellbooks. They aren't needed at all for the new training!

PLEASE give us books for the new training! I get that many players are not like me and my crew and still need to level their professions. But, thanks to the Knight Bus, that opportunity is THERE; always! The opportunity for DADA books is currently too limited. Throw us a bone here - even if it's a tiny one.

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited August 1 #1401 August, 2020, 06:08 pm.

@hpwulola ,

Thank you for the announcement for community day and the recent knight bus info forthcoming.

Would you please point me to where I can read re the fragments of runestones? I have been playing since release in my continent and don't understand. Fragments of foundables yes, but not runestone fragments. Thank you!

Your fan,

Alieana

#1501 August, 2020, 09:05 pm.

If I could buy special chicket something like…

I can get Restricted Section Books (instead of spell books) from challenges treasure during the community day…

I will completely forget about Magikarp, at Hogwarts fortress all day!

#1601 August, 2020, 10:58 pm.

Week of the dragon in pogo? 😬

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #1702 August, 2020, 12:43 pm.

@hpwulola From your posting, why are developers focusing fo strongly on

Forest IV and above? Why focusing us on these harder chambers, there must be another agenda. Yes I can duel in any level chamber

but to specifically single out Forest IV and above has my ‘detective’ brain engaged.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2 #1802 August, 2020, 01:09 pm.

Guaranteed rewards from any level of challenge would mean that everyone would just grind through as many ruins 1 as quickly as they could. It wouldn't really encourage meaningful gameplay.

Although many people are able to solo forest levels, most would prefer to do it with a team. So the requirement of forest IV or higher encourages people to play in a group, but at a level that doesn't exclude lower level players. To me it looks like the choice of minimum level was designed to encourage as many people as possible to play but also not just give the rewards away. Are you suggesting that there is a more devious motive for the choice?

Post edited by MtPollux on
  • Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1902 August, 2020, 01:17 pm.

I think it’s quite nice of them to guarantee fragments from Forest IV and above.

The only current guaranteed fragments are in Dark V.

• WalkingFernWalkingFern Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2003 August, 2020, 04:59 pm.

A desperately uninteresting community day...oh well... Lots more interesting things to do.... Like cleaning out my toaster.

#2103 August, 2020, 07:28 pm.

@sakiyuishiro which node is it, to unlock that reward treasure box?

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    #2203 August, 2020, 07:57 pm.

Snowdrop in gift bundle <3

#2303 August, 2020, 08:11 pm.

@Kodokmag I think it’s a mock-up that @sakiyuishiro has made. The only node that I can find which would give any RSB’s is this one:

#2403 August, 2020, 09:41 pm.

😹

Keep squinting my eyes looking for that treasure chest node one by one. LoL

#2503 August, 2020, 11:45 pm.

CE3. Must me a mock-up as it requires DADA books.

#2604 August, 2020, 12:26 am.

@Kodokmag

I'm sorry about for making you misunderstand.

@Dewin99 is right.

This picture is Photoshopped to show my wish, at HPWU community day.

I thought I want to buy special chicket like POGO, that purchaser can get green books on community day.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #2704 August, 2020, 03:16 am.

@MtPollux Thanks for your explanation.

Was not thinking ‘devious’ but who knows.

#2804 August, 2020, 03:24 am.

Seems many have hopes up for treasure chest with RSB reward. 😵

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭
    #2904 August, 2020, 07:30 am.

"Rare Spellbook gift" = regular skill book. Too bad, @sakiyuishiro's dream won't come true.

• ProfessortululaProfessortulula Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #3006 August, 2020, 04:55 am.

I too am disappointed with the lack of field guides, ministry manuals, or DADA books for community day. I am sure the newer players will get some level upgrade help. Why bother with new SOS training if it is not going to be integrated into game and play?

Maybe the goal is to have experienced players with multiple professions leave the game.

• SpinduliukasSpinduliukas Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #3107 August, 2020, 03:37 am.

Upgrading the page increases the amount of fragments required to complete sticker. So we are being punished, not rewarded, because it takes a lot more time to collect all fragments to place picture in the registry to earn Ministry books. At silver frame 38 or more fragments worth only 2 books? The ratio needs to be revised and adjusted.