Wizarding Weekend Difficulty

AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 9 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 29 July, 2020, 05:44 pm.

Hi there.

The July Legends of Hogwarts Wizarding Weekend is so painstakingly difficult that it's more frustrating than enjoyable. It's so difficult in fact, that I'm questioning if its actually meant to be this way or if it's a bug.

There is an extremely low spawn rate on the required foundables to complete the event even with the use of Dark Detectors and Trace Tonics.

That too, when you do find the needed foundables, the departures rate is so terribly high and the amount of energy wasted on just one fragment is ridiculous.

The rewards for completing this event is not worth the frustrating amount of time and energy needed to complete it and if it isnt a bug, I sincerely hope HPWU takes this as feedback and doesnt do this kind of gameplay again in the future. 

Tagged:

Comments

• atisatis Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #327 July, 2020, 10:49 am.

I guess there is some bug with traces at certain times/places.

I had no difficulties collecting everything even without tonics/detectors. 

I still used few TTDs just to get more red traces & books, most were ok, but one was near-zero event spawns

• PhoebeEvansPhoebeEvans Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited July 27 #427 July, 2020, 10:57 am.

I completely agree. It is not worth the potions and spell energy already wasted, and then having been kicked out Friday night didn't help. I'm at that point where I'm just thinking of giving up, and save myself further potions and energy being wasted.

• CapeValkyrieCapeValkyrie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #627 July, 2020, 11:31 am.

i just just managed to find all Lupins, but still missing 4 Dumbledore. The departure rate is just too high. And Ginny Weasly is a waste of energy most of the time. If I don't return her within 2 spells, I ignore her and move on.

I think I made more progress on other pages than on this event.

• crajkcrajk Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #727 July, 2020, 01:31 pm.

I wasted so many hours, potions, tonics... This was just no fun, but very tedious and annoying....

• FeriaeAestivaeFeriaeAestivae Posts: 4
    #827 July, 2020, 01:37 pm.

Same here. I could finish the event, except that desire a half dozen or more tonic for trace detections, not a single Albus Dumbledore Foundable spawned. Not one, the whole long weekend. Not in my (limited due to the pandemic) trips outside and not from TTD. That can’t be right. Given the low rewards for individual tasks, being unable to complete the weekend event to get a silver key and those books I wanted is really disheartening given the amount of spell energy and potions I’ve used. A very expensive and unrewarding event. If I’d known it would be impossible to complete because a necessary Foundable would never spawn, I wouldn’t have started.

• MarkobolwynMarkobolwyn Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #927 July, 2020, 01:47 pm.

Agreed, total waste of time and energy

• Riddikulus5769Riddikulus5769 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1127 July, 2020, 03:13 pm.

I am trying to finish the weekend event As well but the Lupin and Hagrid foundables spawn rates are NOT being boosted by the tonic for trace detection or dark detectors. I’m just getting the normal foundables.

• LegionOfPeneloLegionOfPenelo Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1327 July, 2020, 05:16 pm.

This was officially the worst event yet! And the rewards were absolutely pathetic! For the difficulty of the event it would have been awesome if the reward was better.

• supastagsupastag Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1528 July, 2020, 02:58 am.

This was supposed to be a play at home event. My TTD gave me, on average, two beamed foundables total, never Dumbledore. We went to our usual high spawns spot, used TTDs, walked around tons, came away with a pathetic amount of rares. Only hot this event finished because we used the car to drive around and get my last Dumbledores.

I couldn't have done this event at home, I couldn't even do it by walking!

I am another player on the verge of giving up. Every update I lose resources. I tried to be careful this time, placed one registry item, made sure it worked...then multiple others didn't.

NIANTIC:

STOP DOING UPDATES UNTIL YOU HAVE FIXED THE GAME.

STOP DOING EVENTS RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THE EVENT WILL WORK.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1628 July, 2020, 03:03 am.

Personally I was only marginally frustrated. Level 42. I used the trace charm when I saw a Dumbledore and was able to complete that one using only a few Potent Ex. I was done within the original event duration even though my account was locked for a good 12 hours. Frankly, I enjoyed an event that took longer. I had to approach it more strategically and the trace charm is going to be a lot of fun.

• NickelNifflerNickelNiffler Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited July 28 #1728 July, 2020, 04:59 am.

I tried and tried. I just can’t finish it. Lupin and Hagrid are impossible to find even now. I’m getting plenty of stuff I don’t need. Not worth it. And I spent a lot .

This game is no longer worth the effort? !

• Car2oonCar2oon Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1828 July, 2020, 11:41 am.

Never got more than 4 dumbledores. The cost to play this in TFTD (9), Potent potions (15+, strong 10+, regular 10+) and coins FAR exceeded the benefits. 1 dark detector, 1 brain elixir? Pffft. This is a bigger scam than a pyramid scheme! If every level cant accomplish an event, it is ****! (I am level 32)

• Dieks77Dieks77 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1928 July, 2020, 12:43 pm.

@NOT4U13 I agree, I like it to be a little more challenging and be strategic on using what when, than just finish it all in just a couple of hours, more spread over the weekend/whatever period is fine.

But this was ridiculously tiresome, seeing all the comments of people going out of their way actually walking around etc, where this was still supposed to be a @Home event...

And the rewards were very low for all this effort.

• HuntHunt Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2028 July, 2020, 12:47 pm.

This was my final result despite considerable effort expended over the weekend (way more than normal because I had a kid-free weekend). Very very frustrating.

In the final hour, with TTDs in use I think I managed to return 2, maybe 3 hagrids. For an event that requires 20 of them, that's a very low rate of spawns.

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    #2129 July, 2020, 09:49 am.

The rewards certainly weren't worth the potions used that's for sure.

Getting all those beams did result in lots of books, but as usual with this type of family event, was blocked from prestiging pages by foundables that didn't show up at all.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 42 ✭✭
    #2229 July, 2020, 03:03 pm.

It was difficult to finish but not impossible, and yes the rewards were sub par. But I was after the field guides and using the charm on Dumbledore provided me many books. I used many potions to complete the event but received many field guides while doing so, so I’m happy. So yes it was hard, yes the glitches sucked, and yes the man rewards were sub par. All that aside, I enjoyed the diversion from the chaos of our current situation. There was ample energy on the map to keep me p,saying, and the new trace charm is the BOMB If you use it wisely!

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 239 ✭✭✭✭
    #2329 July, 2020, 05:44 pm.

I finished within 10 hours, with minimal effort. Trace charm made the event even easier, since you could turn one spawn, into 6. The rewards were not that great, but the increased spawn of severe and emergency traces helped immensely with the S.O.S. skill tree.