SOS task Complete 3 Wizardy Challenges with 3 teammates

BettirBettir Posts: 7 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 25 August, 2019, 06:42 pm.

I did 3 Wizardry Challenges with 3 friends and did not get credit for this task. What am I doing wrong? Do the 3 other people have to belong to the same profession or house as me?

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #216 July, 2019, 10:10 pm.

No. You should still get credit. Have you closed and reopened the app since then and still verify no credit? Sometimes, the achievements lag a bit.

• BettirBettir Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #316 July, 2019, 10:12 pm.

I'm in the middle of downloading assets atm. I'll give that a try when it is done but pretty sure I've reloaded the game since we did the 3 wizardry challenges. Such a bummer because it is hard getting 3 other people together at the same time to do a fortress with me.

#416 July, 2019, 10:16 pm.

I hear ya. I typically solo when I can or occasionally, my room mate feels up to heading out. So far, it's been just the two of us at most.

Post a note here and let me know if it resolves upon reload (post assets).

edited July 16 #516 July, 2019, 10:37 pm.

reloading the game didnt help. Guess I'll just have to try it again next time I get 3 or more other people with me near a fortress. It was after this latest update so was wondering if it is a bug with this update.

#616 July, 2019, 10:49 pm.

Out of curiosity (not that it should matter), are you playing a support role only (magizoologist healer for example) or are you partaking in the fights as well?

The reason I ask is because if support roles don't get equal xp/achievement, that needs to be seriously revamped ASAP.

edited July 17 #717 July, 2019, 11:31 am.

No one played a support role. All of us battled in the challenge. I did a wizardry challenge again last night. This time with 5 people total including myself. Still did not get any credit for that SOS task.

Post edited by Bettir on
  • lamorackelamoracke Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #817 July, 2019, 02:43 pm.

i thought i looked pretty well befire creating my own discussion of this veey issue. i have one point out of 3 but my data does not indicate any logic how i got it. It was a 5 person battle. I have also failed getting it with the same 5.

#917 July, 2019, 10:38 pm.

hopefully they get it fixed soon

#1017 July, 2019, 10:47 pm.

Very odd then. But to be honest, I'm glad that it wasn't because you were playing a support role (that's my gig when I can so it reduces concern on my part).

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    #1119 July, 2019, 11:15 am.

I’m in this boat now, but haven’t experienced the bug yet. I’m worried about how to get three other people for this task. I have only ever done a fortress with my sister, so not sure how I can find two other people to do the fortress with us and then I will be mad if it doesn’t even count like yours isn’t.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1219 July, 2019, 03:30 pm.

I’m still working on doxies... morning is so not my thing lol. But this topic makes me concerned as well. I typically battle solo. There’s a couple in town I sometimes run into, and we’ll battle together, but that’s only two others. There was a suggestion about community day, if you can participate and your local area has a gathering. Maybe knock it out then. But not everyone has that option.

• KatherineSarahKatherineSarah Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #1319 July, 2019, 09:18 pm.

I’m wondering if it’s still full moon as I only caught one werewolf last night. 'Night' doesn’t start til near enough 11pm here at the moment. Goodness knows what time dawn is, it was certainly 'day' by 7am when I left for work this morning. I shall doubtless discover when looking for doxies.

Having to find other people to battle with worries me though. I don’t know anyone else who plays, and haven’t actually identified another player yet. I did totally confuse a non- player who happened to be using their phone near an inn with an active dark detector. I was a bit embarrassed by that!

still if there’s no werewolves tonight I won’t have to worry about it for another month ....

edited July 20 #1420 July, 2019, 11:14 pm.

I can also confirm this is a bug. @HPWUMicah and@HPWULola .

For community day we had 9 people come to a local fortress. I played in groups of 3, 4, and 5 and I could never get the game to count the battle for this task. We made sure to accept friendships before I tried for the task. I’m posting two screenshots. One of our 5 person fortress battle, and one of my task still not registering:

https://ibb.co/S6JNTHv There was an error displaying this embed.

https://ibb.co/HxLqmNc There was an error displaying this embed.

• HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 350 admin
    #1522 July, 2019, 05:51 pm.

Hi @Bettir and @Overflow4487, thanks for reporting this bug. I have passed along these details to our engineers.

Please update me here if you see any change! Thanks.

• CassasauresrexCassasauresrex Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1623 July, 2019, 07:51 pm.

I know why it makes sense that we would only find werewolves on full moon nights, but is there anywhere in the actual game that’s says you can only find doxies at dawn?

Ive seen it said and seemingly confirmed on this message board, Reddit am due some FB groups, but I haven’t seen any official tips on doxies from the actual game.

• AirRrockAirRrock Posts: 5
    edited July 23 #1723 July, 2019, 08:55 pm.

Try lower or higher levels. The game was not registering the achievement on levels 10 and above, but worked fine on 8 and 9.

#1824 July, 2019, 03:46 am.

Was able to complete this SOS task assignment this evening.

#1924 July, 2019, 12:38 pm.

I’m trying to get a group together for Saturday. If everyone comes out, I will try again.

• StephermanicusStephermanicus Posts: 1
    #2014 August, 2019, 10:41 pm.

Hello ,

I tried 3 times with 4 people (everybody were friends ingame) and i was never credited for this task... (still at 0/3)

edited August 14 #2114 August, 2019, 11:25 pm.

@Stephermanicus When I did this on Community Day, one of the players said it/the credit only went to one person on the task. And that held true for us. He got one to finish his last of the 3, and I got my 3 in the first 4 battles. Were the others you played with on this task as well? Did they get credit?

• PopcornKing1PopcornKing1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2216 August, 2019, 06:29 pm.

I had the same issue happen, although I got credit for the first of the challenges, but not the following ones. My teammates didn't get credit for any of the challenges completed.

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 52 ✭✭
    #2316 August, 2019, 09:13 pm.

Yesterday my wife, son, and I battled in a fortress several times. Never saw anyone join us but got one credit towards the task. Wondering if someone jumped in and out.

• HPWULolaHPWULola Posts: 350 admin
    edited August 16 #2416 August, 2019, 09:47 pm.

Hi all, thank you for sharing this. We reported this and discovered that this is an issue and will be looking into it. I will post a discussion in the 'Known Issues' topic on the community shortly. Please point fellow players to that discussion if they have questions! Thank you!

I'll share the link here when it is posted.

Post edited by HPWULola on
    #2617 August, 2019, 04:51 pm.

@HPWULola thank you!

• 4GsDad4GsDad Posts: 1
    #2725 August, 2019, 06:42 pm.

I now have 13 battles with three or more and have only gotten credit for one. Tried everything from restarting phone to having only myself battle all opponents. This bug is getting very frustrating