Apple ID Sign-In Issue

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 923 admin
edited July 24 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 30 August, 2020, 10:38 am.

Our team is aware of an issue affecting iOS devices and the ability to link an Apple ID as a login method. We apologize for the inconvenience as we work to resolve this issue. 

Updated: 4/16/20

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
19 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayEyes1317GrayEyes1317 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #216 April, 2020, 09:37 am.

After updating to the new version of the game, I wanted to link my Apple ID to the game and use it instead of Facebook, but I get an error when I try to link it, even though I tried to restart the app and even re-installed it.

• Redkitty21Redkitty21 Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #316 April, 2020, 02:47 pm.

I can’t link my Apple ID account in the app. It shows error message ‘An error occurred linking this account’.

• HabsFan82HabsFan82 Posts: 1
    #416 April, 2020, 04:21 pm.

Same thing for me. I can’t sign in with my Apple ID.

• KingRaedwaldKingRaedwald Posts: 1
    #516 April, 2020, 04:24 pm.

I am, as well, suffering this bug with the same message. Not a great update if a main feature does not work.

• FelixFancourtFelixFancourt Posts: 2
    #616 April, 2020, 05:31 pm.

I am experiencing the same issue. I tried add my Apple ID, but it kept saying there was an error and doesn’t show it as being connected.

However, I’ve also noticed that on Apple’s end, the game is listed as being linked to my account so perhaps it was linked but the app is not accurately reflecting that?

• FelixFancourtFelixFancourt Posts: 2
    #716 April, 2020, 05:33 pm.

I just commented on another post about this bug.

I also experienced it, but I also saw that Apple shows the game as being linked to my account so I am not sure if it isn’t just a bug on the games end that, despite having linked to the Apple ID, it is giving this error message and not showing the Apple ID as being linked

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 923 admin
    edited April 16 #816 April, 2020, 05:35 pm.

Thank you for reporting! We are investigating this now.

@Redkitty21 and @GrayEyes1317 - I have merged reports to collect feedback on this issue! Thanks :)

• KyboshondatKyboshondat Posts: 2
    #918 April, 2020, 03:05 am.

Tried to work through this issue and now my Apple account is linked to a “new” character . I need that deleted so I can link my current one once this issue is fixed.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 772 mod
    #1022 April, 2020, 04:32 pm.

Hi @Kyboshondat! Selecting the Sign in with Apple option before linking the login method with your account may inadvertently creating new accounts.

That being said, if you delete the new account while the Apple ID is linked, you won't be able to reuse it. To avoid this, add a back-up login method (Google/ Facebook) to the new account and remove the linked Apple ID. Check out our help article on Account Linking.

Also, please wait until this issue has been resolved to proceed with this process to avoid any trouble. Thanks!

• XpanderFXXpanderFX Posts: 4
    #1124 April, 2020, 02:26 pm.

Why not simply use standard accounts with username and password Instead of thesw stupid links????

• JahimWordJahimWord Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1206 June, 2020, 07:11 pm.

Any update on this? Over a month and many app updates and still can’t Sign In with Apple.

• snarkoursnarkour Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1317 July, 2020, 09:11 pm.

In addition to in-app signin being broken, I noticed that "Sign In With Apple" is also missing from these very forums.

• Adler08Adler08 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1423 July, 2020, 09:02 pm.

Any updates on this? I'm moving from my gmail account and would like to link this to Apple.

• GoldEmpressGoldEmpress Posts: 1
    #1512 August, 2020, 03:03 pm.

whenever i try to link my account it comes up with « error could not link this account »

• LeMaximLeMaxim Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1630 August, 2020, 10:38 am.

I happened across a workaround for this.

Once I connected my PokemonGo account to my Apple ID this was transferred to work with HPWU.

So. For any player with PoGo they can link through that.

Assuming, at least, that you are using the same account otherwise.