Red Badge Notification in SOS tree won’t go away unless unlocked

ZimenjZimenj Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited July 28 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 20 August, 2020, 01:17 am.

In SOS training trees, the red badge won’t go away after viewed. this also leaves a red badge on main screen as well.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:
25 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• sashaknitssashaknits Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited July 21 #221 July, 2020, 09:49 am.

Having spent most of my initial SOS training manuals, I'm now saving up to buy a particular lesson I'm interested in. I can afford some of the other lessons but don't want them, however visiting the SOS Training tree does not dismiss the red dot from the suitcase.

Can this be investigated please? It's annoying as I don't get the benefit of a new red dot when potions finish brewing, or I can afford more new lessons, etc.

Suitcase dot

No dot on the training icon

About phone

• MarkosusMarkosus Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #322 July, 2020, 07:06 am.

Since that new SOS task training has been released, the red notification dot remains present on the suitcase icon in the main over world screen when you still can unlock new skills. This very annoying especially if you want to see books for higher cost skills.

Please make it so that if a player has opened the skill page the notification disappears (until more skills can be activated again after getting more books).

• inhumane1998inhumane1998 Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #422 July, 2020, 01:51 pm.

When a new advancement can be made in the SOS training branches the red notification icon appears in the main screen and in the training page, but not in the suitcase page.

• DevnetneedfocusDevnetneedfocus Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #522 July, 2020, 09:22 pm.

I've clicked on every lesson that I *could* complete (but don't want to because I'm saving up resources for other lessons.

No matter what I do, the cursed red dot remains on my suitcase on the main screen.

• EmCro909EmCro909 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #722 July, 2020, 11:09 pm.

Thanks for looking into this! This bug has been a problem on and off ever since I started playing. I find it even more annoying than the fortress delay, because it's constant. Players should be able to save up their books without being forced to buy things they don't want if they want the perma-red dot to go away.

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    #822 July, 2020, 11:25 pm.

@HPWUrobert Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! At first I thought I would just buy all the cheap nodes so the red dot wouldn't appear so frequently. But there are tons of cheap nodes, and the cost adds up to an otherwise difficult decision.

• NotATestNotATest Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #924 July, 2020, 02:21 am.

The persistent red dot rears its ugly head again. This has likely already been posted but when I try to search the posts, I get an error ("something went wrong") and so I'd still like to report it because it's very frustrating. This was an issue with Professions awhile back and it was a great day once fixed; I can't stand having this persistent notification because I'm not always interested in applying my available scrolls/books/etc. right when I get them - I might be busy with other tasks or in the middle of, say, a Tonic for Trace Detection, etc. and would rather come back to it later. But ever since the big SoS Training update, I get the Suitcase red dot on the main map page requiring I do something about it or it's gonna bug me until I do. There's a reason people dislike having this persistent notification - and the red dot doesn't even show up on the SoS training button once you open the Suitcase, you just have to know it's coming from there. And once you click on it, there it is in the different sub-groups telling you that you have books/scrolls/etc. to spend. But when you back out the red dot is still there. And there will come a time when you have the scrolls/books/etc. to spend on something but you're saving up for something else and now that red dot is gonna bug the **** out of you until you do something about it - making it impossible to know if there's also a registry thing  or potion available unless you specifically click on it to look. Please fix this, I don't want to live this way again.

• BellastaroraBellastarora Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1024 July, 2020, 09:33 am.

Persistent red dot appears on the suitcase but when I click it I have no idea what it is referencing. It could be a game update, sos training, or registry issue. I'd like to check which page the notification is coming from and choose to take action or not. Once I've clicked out of that suitcase I'd like not to see the red dot again until something different changes that initiates the notification again. Thank you.

• WazirdWazird Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited July 25 #1125 July, 2020, 07:54 pm.

+1000000 to everything said above. The curse of the red dot is back and it drives us mad.

• AryaMarieAryaMarie Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1225 July, 2020, 08:19 pm.

I got it to go away by divvying up all the new books for the SOS Task Force Appraisal

#1325 July, 2020, 11:46 pm.

@AryaMarie You mean you got it to go away by using your available books? If so, that's what I was doing but I want to save them up for more expensive skill upgrades and that means waiting while I have skills available to spend books on - the persistent red dot is very annoying when you don't want to spend your books on the available skills because you're trying to earn enough to spend them on skills other than the ones currently purchasable.

edited July 26 #1426 July, 2020, 12:02 am.

Like some of the skills require hundreds of (what I think) used to be Scrolls - I found one that requires, like, 245 of the main books. There are gonna be a lot of skills in other parts of the tree (or the other two trees) that I could unlock while I'm trying to save up for that one. And with this new persistent red dot notification bug, I'll be seeing that red dot on my Suitcase - which is on the main map page - the entire time. No way to know if that's indicating because I have a potion ready for collection or a registry item needs clearing - just having to constantly check. Just like back when we had this issue with the original Profession skills. It was painful then and it's painful now. I just really thought we were past this and yet it's been introduced all over again. The fix is as easy as it was then - notify us once and then after we've reviewed the new skill options, then backed out, the red dot should disappear until a new skill has become available and start the process over again (i.e. No,I don't want that skill yet either, back out and red dot is gone until next time). And what's worse is the red dot doesn't just hover over the SoS Training button within the Suitcase - if it's specifically for the SoS Training, it doesn't show up at all once you open the Suitcase. It's just annoying you from the main map screen. So you just have to know it's coming from the SoS Training once you open the Suitcase and see no red dot at all (whereas for Potion or Registry, it would show the red dot on the appropriate Suitcase menu item). Which makes it an obvious bug.

• GrcflAnnieGrcflAnnie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1528 July, 2020, 09:54 am.

The red dot on the suitcase continuously shows, even though the only other red dots I can find indicate that I have enough resources for SOS lessons I don't want to pursue right now. The only time it goes away is when I'm out of field guides.

• TalathFTalathF Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1628 July, 2020, 05:07 pm.

Please don't propagate the red dot to the map/overworld for lessons. It distracts me and hides more important information.

Thank you

#1720 August, 2020, 01:17 am.

@HPWUrobert Hi, I came back looking for my original post to see if anyone had responded or anything had been done about it because I had originally posted it back on July 23rd - it looks like my post got merged with this thread? Anyway, I saw that you had responded the team is working on a fix (or I should say the team would "revisit" it) but it's been almost a month now and the issue persists. It's more than a little "disruptive", as it makes it impossible to know whether the red dot is for potions/registry/etc. - effectively breaking a central part of the game experience. It's an active detriment and it's really something that should have been done away with since the last time it was an issue back when it was annoying people about their Professions - one would think that would make it a priority to fix now. Please let us know if there's an update on a fix for this bug because it's been several weeks and it's still interfering with people's enjoyment of the game. Thank you in advance for your time and the team's efforts. I really do genuinely appreciate what you guys do and especially your willingness to communicate with the community of players.