A Field Guide to SOS Training

Comments

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #6221 July, 2020, 07:08 pm.

Need explanation about "Reward Upgrades can increase the chances that your Gifts earned from Inns, Greenhouses and Fortresses come with better rewards, including rare items like Spell Books":

does it mean gift I got from friend gives ME better reward?

or

does it mean gift I send to friend gives HIM better reward?

• BluesAngryBluesAngry Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #6321 July, 2020, 07:56 pm.

I also used the trace charm and 2 quidditch captain Harry disappeared. Then, I casted it again and two very high (formerly high) dark arts trace and return the thestral but the second one vanished. Also I saw some higher-threat foundables (Hermione and Viktor, Goblet of Fire, Young Sirius) which reappeared (At first I thought I saw the foundable again however I noticed that these three foundables were at the exact same location as the previous foundables' location).

Also I noticed that all the inns at my location are Bed & Breakfasts so how can I use my restaurant spell energy boost?

And Death Eaters give 8 manuals. Is this because they appear only at the new moon?

Thank you.

• HoosierfanHoosierfan Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #6421 July, 2020, 08:38 pm.

I seem to be noticing that all foundables that are "Very High" come up as "Severe", and "Severe" come up as "Emergency"

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 163 ✭✭
    #6521 July, 2020, 10:59 pm.

@TwinGypsy

my combat scores did exactly what yours did.

went from 50K+ Down to 28,157 in 90 minutes and all I did was add to the new SOS skill tree.

So, if that’s what’s doing it, then developers, please take away my SOS skill tree and give me back my Hugh combat level score!!

#6621 July, 2020, 11:01 pm.

@Bormacska Maybe it’s the Wackspurts

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21 #6721 July, 2020, 11:42 pm.

So

What is efficacy and proficiency?

Sounds like delicious chocolate cake

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6821 July, 2020, 11:57 pm.

@SoulPowerX I think it just means those skills increase the chance for you to get better gifts that you can send to your friends.

• TheDinkinsTheDinkins Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #6922 July, 2020, 12:49 am.

@WitchHiker I had 500k in combat and have dropped to under 20k!!! 480,000 lost by adding a skill in the new sos skill tree. I cannot even one **** foes in the ruins chambers. This is awful!!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #7022 July, 2020, 03:45 am.

@ParrishBlue and @hpwulola Poor Madame Hooch! I encountered her new look today as well. Hot Pink is definitely not her best color!

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #7222 July, 2020, 04:52 am.

@TheDinkins it is just a number. Previously it was a number from 1-15 (as a level). Then they changed it to a 6 or 7 digit number that didn't make a whole lot of sense. Then they changed it to a 5 digit number that seems closer to what the difficulty of the chambers reflect, but have had some weirdness in the calculation.

All in all, you haven't lost anything. You still have the same skills, they still do the same damage, or have the same effects. I know it is scary that the number changed, but it is now more in line with giving you a decent view of the skill level of a player.

Again, yes, the number fluctuates and that is a known issue that the devs are trying to resolve. If it bothers you, you can "refresh" your appraisal score by opening up the Combat Training, selecting a different profession, clicking the Switch Profession button, going back to your original profession and clicking the Switch Profession button again. You will not lose any scrolls, red books, or green books by switching. It isn't a permanent fix to the appraisal value but it is more accurate relative to the actual chamber difficulties. Hopefully, the fluctuating number bug is solved soon so we won't need to do this little two step to get accurate values.

edited July 22 #7322 July, 2020, 07:41 am.

anyone reach SOS training score 10.000? 🤨

• Zuzanna93Zuzanna93 Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited July 22 #7422 July, 2020, 09:02 am.

@Imaginatio I did some of the new lessons but I really don't remember at what point exactly. The appraisal score now seems stable at 67.580. I haven't seen it change since the message I posted yesterday.

edit: and I did all the lessons in one go. I could check if the appraisal score changes again if I do some more? But I don't know which lessons to take to see if it would. To be honest, I don't really mind what the number is, as long as it stays reasonably stable or the fluctuations can be explained. What it did yesterday and the day before did not make any sense at all.

#7522 July, 2020, 09:03 am.

@Kodokmag Haha, noooo! I'm at 1680 right now. I can do some more but not too much, I'm already out of SOS books.

edited July 22 #7622 July, 2020, 09:13 am.

@BluesAngry

'And Death Eaters give 8 manuals. Is this because they appear only at the new moon?'

No, from what I experienced the number of manuals you get is based on the beam that the trace has.

No beam gives 1 manual (edit: sometimes none). Yellow beam gives 2. Orange beam gives 8, red beam gives 20. This comes from personal experience, although I've only returned one red beam fragment so far. I can't remember of any of the traces that did have a beam, ever returned no manuals.

Post edited by Zuzanna93 on
    #7722 July, 2020, 09:25 am.

same here. But no beam traces sometimes give 1 book sometimes zero.

• BluesAngryBluesAngry Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #7822 July, 2020, 09:27 am.

@Zuzanna93 Thank you for your answer, I only returned Death Eater at that threat level.

So if someone plays at dusk and returns some horned serpents and place it they would get a lot of field guides and manuals if you place it too.

#7922 July, 2020, 10:02 am.

@Kodokmag Yes that's true, no-beam traces sometimes don't give manuals. I'll change my previous post.

@BluesAngry That does seem a good strategy to get manuals and field guides quickly!

#8022 July, 2020, 10:53 am.

My hornet serpent page is block by erkling. LoL

Hornet serpent is starred and maxed again but i'll wait until prestiging to next page. Still searching for 7 erkling to starred it.

• LaineyCakesLaineyCakes Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #8122 July, 2020, 05:14 pm.

@hpwulola @TwinGypsy @Imaginatio I'm also seeing the same issue with the Appraisal score dropping. I am currently ups upskilling as a professor and one minute it's 29k the next its 16k. It doesn't just happen when switching professions for me. It also happens when I complete a combat lesson. So I logged in earlier and my appraisal was 29k, I completed a lesson within the combat training and it dropped to 16k. Very bizarre. Hopefully a bug and fixed in another update. If not, would be good to understand the calculation.

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #8222 July, 2020, 06:31 pm.

Question... can you only have 1 charm at a time? We earn these from fail assignments but I didn’t use them yesterday and looking like I still only have 1 inn and 1 greenhouse.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #8322 July, 2020, 07:11 pm.

@Kodokmag I'll trade you, I have more erklings than I know what to do with but can't find horned serpents to save my life.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8422 July, 2020, 07:17 pm.

@Klc5048 Horned serpents are most prevalent at dusk and around bodies of water (or when it is raining). Hope that helps!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    #8522 July, 2020, 08:22 pm.

@Kodokmag @Klc5048 Horned Serpents don't spawn here but I see tons of Erklings as well! Like @Magpie31 said, Horned Serpents spawn near water but I live in a desert. I've tried going near fountains and the little ponds that some of the housing developments have and even going out when it does rain, but no luck.

So the only Horned Serpents I have gotten were ones from one of the Community Days or something like that, I can't remember which event it was, but I got them then.

#8622 July, 2020, 08:35 pm.

@FireWanderer I figured it out. 😉

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22 #8722 July, 2020, 08:36 pm.

I am still a little confused about the Trace Charm. I used it on a Peruvian Vipertooth and a bunch more appeared. I am not complaining, I chugged a BBE and went to town. I am just curious. Is that how it's supposed to work? I've only used it once before and the traces all disappeared before I even registered what kind they were. So does it always spawn the same kind of trace as the one you cast it on? Also, it spawned like 6 more of them in addition to the original one. I have upgraded the charm but I didn’t think it would spawn that many. This is what it looks like in my Magicum Vitae but I am not sure what it all means in actual game play. Does anyone have any insight for me?

Update: I cast the Trace Charm again on a severe trace, can't remember which family but it was definitely not Magizoology. It spawned 4 Severe Magizoology traces. I returned one, a Unicorn, and I assume the rest were Unicorns also but they were all gone, including the original trace that I cast the charm on, when I returned to the map. Now I am even more confused!

Post edited by CeruleanGirl on
  • t1593541166241t1593541166241 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #8822 July, 2020, 10:33 pm.

Imagine how annoying it would be to learn that difficulty had been bumped (high to severe to emergency) offset by "new" skills.

That departure %'s were bumped up offset by the "new" skill to reduce it, eventually, only to where it was before.

That we have a long list of skills requiring books and events, that would in the end, only give back the exact same game mechanics we had last week.

Hopefully that is not the case because that sure would be... disappointing.

#8922 July, 2020, 11:53 pm.

@Klc5048 @CeruleanGirl lets trade. LoL

Anyway, anyone get some strange result from oddities this morning?

Meet red fume oddities and cast trace charm right away, pop up another 3 red fume oddities. Tap one apparently a puppy after capture it back to map and found there are still 4 red fume, another puppy and hornet serpent. That cycle happened until maybe about 12 red fume oddities. And the excitement made me forget to drink BBE. Stupid me or lucky me. 😹

• BusStopToyShopBusStopToyShop Posts: 29 ✭✭✭
    #9023 July, 2020, 02:05 pm.

Haven't been on the forums in a while. Wanted to swing by, because I was so negative about the last update. While I still haven't fully come to terms with that, I did want to say I'm really enjoying the new stuff. Well done, Wizards Unite!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #9123 July, 2020, 02:14 pm.

@BusStopToyShop It is a great addition, isn't it? It has really refreshed my game play.

And it is always great to see someone who is willing to give the positive feedback as well as the negative!