Approved Waypoints and edits not Syncing (Again!)

Roli112Roli112 Posts: 1 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 19 September, 2020, 02:17 pm.

Me and few others have been tracking syncs into HPWU for a few days and we have came to the conclusion that no new Waypoints or edits have synced into HPWU since June 10. This is not a case of "not all waypoints sync" as it affects edits as well. We have waited a couple of days to verify more waypoints as well as to allow a skipped sync and to account for possible weekend skip. We have have a few confirmed waypoints that synced June 10th but nothing since up to today. Hopefully there is acknowledgment and a fix soon, Thanks.

Tagged:
28 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

Comments

• kizilkizil Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #218 May, 2020, 08:30 pm.

Approved Wayspots appeared on Ingress and PoGo maps more than 2 weeks already, but still no progress for HPWU map. I’m aware of cells rule and It’s not the reason of problem, be sure - other players said they have the same problem.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #328 May, 2020, 08:37 pm.

Note that I reported the same issue on the Wayfarer forum. Not sure if this is an HPWU issue or a Wayfarer issue. See https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/2460/new-wayspots-are-not-showing-up-in-wizards-unite-since-the-end-of-april

• ArabellaArdeliaArabellaArdelia Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 28 #428 May, 2020, 09:37 pm.

More evidence it's not just cell placement - several people in the Wayfarer Forum thread @cosk62 linked have reported that their edits didn't sync either. I can understand a new POI being poorly placed, but I would think that anything that shows up in multiple games that use Niantic's POI database should have the same name/description/location in all games. It's been over a month since any new POI's showed up - you'll see in that thread people have reported things syncing around April 25th but nothing after that.

• NeedmorefocusNeedmorefocus Posts: 1
    #528 May, 2020, 11:02 pm.

Anyway that any of the mods can look in to this? @HPWUrobert , please see post by Cosk on Wayfarer

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #629 May, 2020, 03:48 pm.

NianticCasey acknowledged the issue yesterday.

Hi folks,

Apologies for the delay in replying to this issue but I've been working with the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team to determine what could be going on. Dropping in to say that I hear you on this and that we're looking into what could be causing this behavior.

One last caveat, it's true that not every Wayspot will be added to every game, so I can't promise that every approved Wayspot will move over, but it does look like there's some errant behavior at play here.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/comment/15837#Comment_15837

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
    #805 June, 2020, 07:58 pm.

Hi! This issue should be resolved now.

• VivianSVivianS Posts: 3
    #908 June, 2020, 09:11 pm.

Inns are still missing sometimes. In the attached picture, you can see that an inn in Batavia, IL which has been in the game since the start of the game, was not showing on the screen. I restarted the game, then the inn appears. There is still something not quite right about the inns. The picture on the left shows the inn by the triangle intersection. The picture on the right shows the inn is missing. Picture taken 6/7/2020.

• kirsten2coldkirsten2cold Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1026 June, 2020, 01:18 pm.

A new waypoint near me did not pull into HPWU. Ingress and PoGo only. I'm not able to paste the link from the ingress Intel map...but this is a screenshot from PoGo maps

• Sammie444Sammie444 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1127 June, 2020, 07:53 am.

My waypoint got accepted 12/6 10:38 UK time. Appeared in Pogo 13/6 19:00. Usually would be in WU 7am the next morning, although 2 weeks later it's still not there...

#1201 July, 2020, 10:54 pm.

Any update on this? It's been almost a month again with no update - and going on two weeks since the last post in the Wayfarer forum's thread on this issue. Here's a compilation of some specific waypoints that haven't been synced, as noted on that post (apparently I’m too new to post links here so you’re getting screenshots of the links ;) ) :

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 659 admin
    #1302 July, 2020, 05:52 pm.

Hi everyone, the team is aware of what's causing this bug. The fix will take some time.

#1406 July, 2020, 03:40 am.

Thanks @HPWUrobert - even that acknowledgement - as little info as it has - is helpful, because it feels less like we’re being brushed off when there’s actual communication.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #1506 July, 2020, 11:31 am.

Hopefully "some time" isn't 1-2 months....

• sup3rfmsup3rfm Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1611 July, 2020, 02:39 pm.

@HPWUrobert can you please give us a status update? How are things progressing? Thank you

#1712 July, 2020, 01:02 am.

@Drakonite unfortunately the previous pseudo-fix took 5-6 weeks from when the problem was first noticed to when it was “fixed”, so the fact that Robert feels the need to specify this one will take some time doesn’t have me optimistic about seeing any new waypoints this summer. I would love to be wrong about that, of course, but not getting my hopes up.

• TRNAegonTRNAegon Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1813 July, 2020, 06:58 am.

Hope the fix comes sooner rather than later.

• janhm73janhm73 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1914 July, 2020, 06:29 am.

Hi @HPWUrobert, any chance that you would have an update for us?

#2014 July, 2020, 05:20 pm.

No update to share 😕

edited July 16 #2116 July, 2020, 07:53 am.

My thoughts exactly @Drakonite .

@HPWUrobert anychance you could at least do a manual sync.

#2216 July, 2020, 04:28 pm.

Sure, I'll ask again if it's possible to run it manually.

#2321 July, 2020, 01:57 pm.

Any news about a fix or manual sync @HPWUrobert ?

• WinterDrachenWinterDrachen Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2423 July, 2020, 08:52 pm.

Hi everyone!

I am glad to find this thread about the missing inns either as a new POI or the old ones, that sometimes disappear (that causes a heart stop at those moments).

I am also really glad to know that I am not the only one who have this issue, so there is a chance being heard.

Me and our town community are working hard to make this place interesting to play in. We made much progress and now everyone can enjoy playing in Pokemon Go. But many players quit HP WU because of that POI stopped showing up since April. We know that not every POI shows up in every game, but there is 99,99% chance, that it wont show up in WU at all at some places with absolutely no reason.

And, well, that makes people leave this great game, because there is not enough energy in their area and no inn shows up no matter how hard we try to make it happen.

We also join this plead and asking @HPWUcasey or somebody from the Team to do some research about it and hopefully "refresh" the map.

It is not funny at all when an inn disappears till the next.. or the other next time we reload the game. It is a quite unusual and disturbing matter. First I thought it could be my phone causing this, but my pals are noticing this issue too. It cant be, that all of our devices are defect.

We are looking forward to getting some news!) Thanks for the SOS Training, its really cool)

Best regards

• TRNAegonTRNAegon Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2524 July, 2020, 03:57 am.

Any updates on the POI sync? @HPWUrobert

• BrowniePlusPlusBrowniePlusPlus Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2630 July, 2020, 04:23 pm.

Its been almost two months now. Is there no update still? @HPWUrobert For rural players living in newer communities that the previous OSM data is marking as undeveloped zones, this is really an essential issue that needs to be solved. No energy or material popping up whatsoever on the map so the only way we can depend on are these new waypoints. Me and a few friends have been struggling over the past few months and have failed to complete a lot of the event tasks.

edited July 30 #2730 July, 2020, 08:30 pm.

I apologize, this fix is going to take some time unfortunately. The issue the team is addressing now is different than the previous bug that was blocking Wayspots back in April.

• BrowniePlusPlusBrowniePlusPlus Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2830 July, 2020, 09:42 pm.

Got it @HPWUrobert . Thanks for the update! With SOS training pushed out, traces from tonic seem to be nerfed as well (less helpful for completing event tasks) so now it is even hard for rural players, and the game is becoming increasingly frustrating to play. I just hope this issue can move up on the priority list. Two months has been a really long time to wait.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #2909 August, 2020, 10:30 am.

@HPWUrobert any update on this? it's almost 3 months now w/o sync......

#3013 August, 2020, 07:26 am.

@HPWUrobert , @hpwulola, @HPWUcasey

Any chance we can get a more specific timeline for this, instead of no reply and few ones saying it will take "some time"... ill argue that "some time" has gone and passed, so whats the Niantic definition of some time?

Many of us want to contribute to all these wonderful games. Both for our self, were we live, but also remote areas where rural players are playing,.... But all our effort to make the game more enjoyable for them is stalled... and the seemingly lack of priority are making lot of us consider if its even worth our time now.

Thanks and hoping for a speedy reply and fix.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    #3114 August, 2020, 07:23 am.

@hpwulola @HPWURiver @HPWUTeam Please escalate this issue as a top priority. Especially, during the current pandemic, we need more waypoints. I have had many approved, but still waiting for months for them to appear in hpwu.