Confirmation to Re-place foundables

CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 21 August, 2020, 07:14 pm.

We are now unable to view the detail page of foundables that we are saving for the next prestige level.

When you have enough to place the foundable again, but would rather wait until you prestige the page so that the fragments carry over, you have to be very careful not to tap on that foundable’s sticker or it will place it again. Several times I have forgotten this and have tried to tap on a foundable to read the description or to check the difficulty level, and have accidentally used up my fragments.

Perhaps there could be a confirmation inquiry asking if you really want to place the foundable, or a query on whether you want to place the foundable or view it’s detail page?

If anyone else has already found a way around this, I’d love to hear how. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #223 May, 2020, 07:53 am.

i second this excellent request/ suggestion

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #504 June, 2020, 05:38 pm.

@kiheikid Aw, that’s really sad. Tom Riddle is an especially bad one for that to happen with. Isn’t it an awful feeling to realize it’s happened and wish you could just take it back?Hopefully they’ll change the way it works soon.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #604 June, 2020, 06:53 pm.
  • AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 124 ✭✭
    #705 June, 2020, 10:58 am.

I second that... It is really hard to loose fragments that way... Also description what are you actually doing wouldn't be bad, it would have prevented me to loose so many fragments when update came out (I prestiged foundables that already had green star beside it because I didn't know how new system works - and there were no official informations about until few days later)). So message saying: "You are about to prestige the already prestiged fragments. That means you will get points now, but fragments won't be transfered, once you prestige the whole page." Something like that...

#806 June, 2020, 12:50 am.

Aaargh! I did it again! I wanted to read the details of the Sword of Gryffindor and forgot that I couldn’t without placing the sticker. Used up seven fragments without meaning to. My fault but still very frustrating! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    #908 June, 2020, 03:10 pm.

The current implementation is very poor and could easily be improved

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    #1008 June, 2020, 03:17 pm.

I have been extremely careful and have not accidentally placed and image that I did not want to place yet. I value placing the image ASAP on gold more than I do the rewards from the chest.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    #1308 June, 2020, 04:48 pm.

the other day I went to tap something that did not have a star there but it would not work, and during my furious tapping accidentally placed something I was saving fragments for😂 definitely frustrating

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    edited June 10 #1510 June, 2020, 03:05 am.

Just did exactly this ^^ accidentally re-placed an image I didn’t want to place while scrolling. +1 to the pleas for a confirmation button

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1610 June, 2020, 04:39 am.

Yes please of all the things we get confirmation buttons on can we please get another on for collected starred images?

please 🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1710 June, 2020, 05:03 am.

At the very least, it would be nice if you had to tap the star / number yo replace instead of the image. Smaller target area AND I could still look inside at my stats.

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #1811 June, 2020, 03:36 pm.

I read another user suggest a better UI would be for each image in a Registry Frame to be tappable to bring up a menu. Once you tap on that image, the next screen would show a close-up of the Foundable and some information that you could read on the Foundable. At the bottom of that page you could have a button to tap that would allow you to place the Image of that Foundable (if you hit the max Foundable Fragment count), or you could tap X and exit that menu, saving those Foundable Fragments for later.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1911 June, 2020, 03:38 pm.

I like that because it allows you to see info about that foundable (ex. number seen, severity level, XP for placing, etc) without being forced to place it.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2011 June, 2020, 11:27 pm.

@Bliznik that would also follow along the same vein of how we view our friends list if wanting to look at their ministry page or open/send gifts and how we can go into potions and review ingredients from the recipes. It might take a moment more to prestige, but i think it would be worth the extra step and less anrer over accidental prestiging.

#2112 June, 2020, 01:51 am.

@Bliznik It would be even simpler to just have a pop up when you tap the image that gives you a choice to “View Details,” “Place Sticker,” or “Cancel.”

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    #2212 June, 2020, 10:43 am.

Brilliant idea. View details, place sticker or cancel.

#2317 June, 2020, 08:38 pm.

Well, that’s four foundables I’ve placed accidentally, one due to confusion and the other three due to forgetting that I can’t view details without placing the foundable first. Sigh.

#2418 June, 2020, 06:19 am.

@CeruleanGirl i think I’m at four as well. So frustrating! One was confusion when it first rolled out, one trying to scroll, one forgetting I can’t view details, and one accidental fat finger touch. Sigh.

#2518 June, 2020, 05:27 pm.

I must admit, I’m surprised this request hasn’t gotten a reply with the enormous amount of “likes” and overwhelming agreement. I really can’t see a negative to adding a confirmation button!

*waves wildly* hey we found something we all agree on! Please halp us! :-D

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2618 June, 2020, 10:43 pm.

@hpwulola is this something you could take to the developers for us? Thanks!!!! 😍

#2810 July, 2020, 12:55 am.

Aaarrgh! I just accidentally placed my Common Welsh Green fragments while trying to scroll up. 😡

Please fix this!!!!!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2910 July, 2020, 02:05 am.

You seem to have terrible luck with this @CeruleanGirl. I hope they fix this.

#3010 July, 2020, 09:02 am.

@MrSciGuy Yes, you are right! I really do!! 🤷🏼‍♀️

• AkiGalAkiGal Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3112 July, 2020, 06:48 am.

Like the rest, I've accidentally placed images that were already placed (like the Antipodean Opaleye dragon, not once but twice!!!) while scrolling through the pages. It's really too sensitive!

I totally agree with the others who have suggested a prompt to check if we want to place image, check details or cancel. Most of us who started playing from the beginning have surpassed Rank 65 for the families and, for me, I'm only interested in prestiging the frames, not for family XP. The green star is quite useless. Bring back the faded images that get clearer with more fragments! I don't suppose there's a way for us to get back our lost fragments for images mistakenly placed?