July Monthly Overview

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
edited July 15 in Announcements #1 latest comment 27 July, 2020, 02:31 am.

A string of baby magical beast disappearances has caught the SOS Task Force’s attention. Why would the Calamity spirit away such utterly adorable and (mostly) defenseless creatures? It’s up to you to find out and help return them before it’s too late! 

This July keep an eye out for the following:

Baby Beasts Brilliant Event Part 1: Tuesday, June 30 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, July 7 at 11 a.m. PT

• Help return adorable Brilliant baby magical beasts including Baby Nifflers and Baby Norewegian Ridgeback Dragons.

July Community Day: All day Saturday, July 11 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time

• Shine a light on the collection of dark curios and creatures found in Knockturn Alley including Thestrals, Swooping Evils and more. 

Baby Beasts Brilliant Event Part 2: Tuesday, July 14 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, July 21 at 11 a.m. PT

• Continue to help return adorable Brilliant baby magical beasts including Baby Unicorns and Baby Hippogriffs.

July Wizarding Weekend: Friday, July 24 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, July 27 at 11 a.m. PT

• Spend a weekend recounting noteworthy Hogwarts heroes where you can encounter Legends of Hogwarts Foundables such as Young Remus Lupin and Albus Dumbledore himself.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #229 June, 2020, 07:03 pm.

Yay Swooping Evil and Dumbledore!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #329 June, 2020, 07:05 pm.

Can’t wait!

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited June 29 #429 June, 2020, 07:30 pm.

Dumbledore and Jean Granger if possible, please!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #529 June, 2020, 07:49 pm.

Jean Granger? You skipped first name basis and went right to middle name basis @FixMyGreenStars?

Definitely pumped for Swooping Evil and Dumbledore!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    #629 June, 2020, 07:55 pm.

strangely i'm stuck at young ron with his boggart cabinet from dumbledore page

edited June 29 #729 June, 2020, 08:40 pm.

@MrSciGuy Yep.

Or Hermione Weasley

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #829 June, 2020, 09:39 pm.

swooping evil!

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    #930 June, 2020, 01:42 am.

I must admit, though of course I’m excited For next events, I’m a little bummed that the non-brilliant events are continually every other weekend. It’s always my weekend on and it means the Wizarding Weekend is the same time as GoFest.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1030 June, 2020, 03:14 am.

@FixMyGreenStars According to Cursed Child, she is still Hermione Granger. Her kids have the surname Granger-Weasley.

• Zuzanna93Zuzanna93 Posts: 65 ✭✭
    #1130 June, 2020, 11:30 am.

I'm really exited! Swooping Evil, Yay!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄

Hopefully I can get my hands on at least one of them, so I can prestige that page to bronze. And maybe even enough to star and make it easier to reach silver. Owwww! Dancing around in my chair here!

I saw that during the first BE, some of the COMC foundables will be boosted, I hope to get some Hagrids, Firenze and dragon eggs. The last two will help me prestige that page, Yay! I won't make it to prestige the Hagrid's Hut page as I just did that, but I would love to have at least Hagrid starred, the rest of those foundables will come in time.

I'm less exited for the wizarding weekend. I've got Dumbledore starred, that page is still on bronze and I need 1 Hermione and 6(!) flying keys to prestige that page. The Hogwarts Ground page is just prestiged. It will be nice to have young Lupin starred there, but I won't be able to prestige it to silver unless I find 11x Sirius, 9x James, 8x Peter and 14 unfinished Marauder's Maps before or during the weekend. I probably won't be able to prestige either of those pages, though you can bet on it that I'll be using all my LoH runestones in an attempt to get it done!

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #1230 June, 2020, 12:19 pm.

This should be an exciting month, really looking forward to prestiging all my COMC pages (please send some Buckbeak foundables this way) as well as the Knockturn Alley page.

@FixMyGreenStars @MrSciGuy if we are going on middle name base, you might be looking for Brian Dumbledore, possibly the most muggle sounding name for a wizard in the universe. That's good ole' APWBD for you.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30 #1330 June, 2020, 02:08 pm.

Oh Brian, gotta love him.

He has a castle full of wizards yet he hires the one guy who can’t do magic to clean it. 😂

#1430 June, 2020, 02:22 pm.

@RabbeinuTam yep. And...

Percival Graves VS Percival Dumbledore

#1530 June, 2020, 04:40 pm.

@MrSciGuy or perhaps he is always miserable because as a squib he can't see the castle and thinks he has been hired to clean ruins.

Check out the Super Carlin Brothers video:

"Filch is Actually a Poltergeist?!"

#1630 June, 2020, 05:08 pm.

@RabbeinuTam I think it was proven in whichever book had the dementors that attacked Dudley (Half Blood Prince?) that squibs still have magical sight. Mrs Figg testified that she saw the dementors didn't she?

#1730 June, 2020, 06:01 pm.

@Magpie31 1 am not sure a living thing and a castle would fall under the same category as the castle would have an enchantment on it, but it can be argued that the castle is a sentient being, as evidenced by the changing staircases, room of requirement among others. But the theory in the video i referenced is that squib is a cover for him being a poltergeist that was manifested the same way, but for the opposite reason that Peaves was.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3 #1801 July, 2020, 06:17 pm.

For non-Jane Austen fans, Mrs. Norris is the evil aunt of F anny Price in Mansfield Park. What does that say about Filch?

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited July 3 #1901 July, 2020, 06:18 pm.

F anny is not a bad word, it is the character's name. Perhaps short for Francis.

#2002 July, 2020, 11:01 am.

It is a bad word in the UK, @xxxlindy. A name too, but it doesn't just mean bottom in the UK.

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    #2102 July, 2020, 04:30 pm.

^^ was today years old when I learned this. Just Googled it

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
    #2203 July, 2020, 07:03 pm.

@xxxlindy The moderation filter can't distinguish the difference 😂I added a space so people know don't have to guess what the stars* mean and that you are talking about the Mansfield Park 😀

• CiirdanCiirdan Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2303 July, 2020, 09:27 pm.

@hpwulola Here’s hoping the July end of month event includes Young Harry Potter 🙏

He doesn’t seem to appear at anywhere close to the same rate as all the other severes in the Legends family and he’s the last foundable I need to place to complete my registry!

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2406 July, 2020, 09:56 am.

@Ciirdan very few young Harry Potter encountered as well except for the event . But keep an eye open right now, I have encountered one yesterday and just another one few minutes ago. So he may be wandering around at the moment ;)

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #2515 July, 2020, 04:18 am.

@hpwulola Is there going to be any special portkeys granting unfinished marauder's map similar to Knockturn Alley for July Wizarding Weekend?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
    #2615 July, 2020, 05:22 pm.

@Dragons1111 We will have the full details on July Wizarding Weekend posted this Friday/Saturday! This event will not include special Portkeys.

• Ginny93Ginny93 Posts: 1
    #2727 July, 2020, 02:31 am.

I play religiously every brilliant event, but for the life of me I couldn't complete the baby beasts part 2. I missed 1 fragment out of 15 of the baby hippogriff, and it makes me SO SAD. Please let us finish the pages the registry of the pages of past brilliant events. My suggestion is this:

Make it so, that when you encounter the "regular" foundable that you missed from a brilliant event, you can "convert" it to a brilliant one by drinking a special potion, or with gold, or XP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!