Leaving the Dark Chambers

dudeitsstacydudeitsstacy Posts: 8 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 02 July, 2020, 08:54 pm.

Look, this pisses me off!!!! I think they should take away the option to leave a battle in the higher chambers once you've started. Since there haven't been any career updates, you can't boost stamina, so it's basically like going to the slaughter house. What I don't enjoy is beginning a battle and having people leave AS SOON AS IT STARTS and they do this on purpose. I can't battle in the higher chambers because no one will follow through. They will join the chamber and wait for the countdown, but no one will actually join, and as I said before, if they do, they leave as soon as it starts. It's frustrating and unfair to those of us who aren't assholes.

Comments

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #303 June, 2020, 09:50 pm.

If someone has the intent to leave immediately just to mess with people (which seems odd to me that a lot of people would be doing that as @MrSciGuy said), forcing them to stay won't change that. Instead of leaving and forcing you to fight extra enemies, they will stay and not fight and force you to fight extra enemies.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #403 June, 2020, 10:03 pm.

That’s a good point that I didn’t even think of, @MtPollux. If they are all indeed messing with you (highly unlikely), not allowing them to leave will do just as you said - cause them to just sit there and watch.

Again, do people do dumb things like go in and back out just to leave you stranded? I’m sure it happens on occasion, but I don’t see it widespread and happening with multiple members in a single battle. Just doesn’t make sense.

It’s probably more than likely an error kicking them out.

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #504 June, 2020, 07:21 pm.

It is possible there is another bus bug. I have had two dark 5 chambers have the following happen to me in the last day or two.

Waiting on getting all 5 players and a balanced team, which I always try for in Dark 5). We get pretty balanced team, no more than 2 of any profession. Countdown timer I think one time was nearing the 30 secs mark but 2nd time was I think still over a minute left.

When timer is way low I tend to wait to hit the join button til everyone else has or I tap it on and off so they know I am there.

Anyway, what has happened a few times last few days is I see everyone hit their join button and I hit mine and hear the sound of going into the chamber BUT the lobby screen has each other wizard disappearing (pretty sure both times I could still see their join button was hit) and I end up in the lobby alone. Thats the only plus as neither of those times where ALL disappeared did it put me into battle.

It is almost like I was seeing the game move people to the battle but it missed taking me with.

So to the original poster, if it is all others leaving it could be a few reasons, a bug causing all to leave at once. Maybe not a balanced enough team and just happens that they all hit the leave button at same time verses just waiting for the last to enter lobby to leave maybe.

Making someone not be able to hit a leave button is NOT going to stop people, especially if they dont care about losing runestone. They will either do as another reply said, and just sit there doing nothing, not even using strategic spells for you, OR they will just force close the game and wait 5-10 mins before opening it back up so that battle is done with. Either way, you end up in same boat you currently were in with a leave button.

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #604 June, 2020, 07:43 pm.

I agree, it's very annoying. Plus at this point, I have so many runestones, that losing one isn't going to change my life, so i don't see that as a deterrent to people ditching out.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    #705 June, 2020, 12:24 am.

had that issue today. irritating when I don't know if it was a bug or people hopping in and out. it was the same group though, a good 6-7 times it took me to find a good group and I lost a runestone or two because of it also

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #805 June, 2020, 01:17 am.

This has only happened to me at the top few chambers (i have unlocked them all), where i am either kicked out and have to restart the app or i finish fighting a foe and suddenly i am the only one left in the chamber. Really frustrating and was the reason i couldnt finish the last task- last community day. Also have a problem when clicking on the a chamber that it takes 10-15 seconds if not longer at this point to enter, at which point there are no other players in the chamber.

• SeverusVIISeverusVII Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #919 June, 2020, 07:48 am.

I haven’t encountered people leaving the fortresses often, but people sitting doing nothing is a big issue. There needs to be some feature where if someone hasn’t taken action against a foe for xx seconds they are booted out the fortress, and the number of foes decreases proportionally.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #1029 June, 2020, 02:55 am.

I've commented on this on another thread. It IS annoying. I think two things might be happening. 1) Some players don't realize that with fewer players, there are actually fewer opponents. I'm comfortable going into Dark V with one of each profession. We get about 15-16 opponents and that works. But I see people being skittish and leaving at the last second. I also see people being skittish when it's 5 of two professions. Three Aurors and two Magizoos are fine for Dark V. Would love to have a Prof, but it's not necessary. Wouldn't do it with four Aurors and one Magizoo, but would with three Magizoos and two Aurors. Magizoos are bull their way through any opponent, really.

2) I have noticed that we'll be sitting there waiting. 30 seconds or so on the clock. Then as soon as another person joins, the clock resets to 1:30. Just automatically when that person joins. And I've wondered if perhaps we are all seeing different clocks. That maybe some poeple think there's more time.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1130 June, 2020, 04:17 am.

@VoiceMaster I've also noticed the clock doing some weird shifts... haven't caught it on a video yet, but would like to so i could submit as a bug report or get an answer as to what is happening?

@HPWUblue is this something the team knows about?

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    #1202 July, 2020, 10:04 am.

Being unable to leave isn't the solution; if people want (or have) to leave, they'll just pocket their phone and go.

The problem could be alleviated if the game sorts players into their class, and makes sure there is always class balance. For example, if a professor joins first, the next two persons to join should never be professors.

And while they're at it, building their little sorting-hat code, also take friends into account. It would be nice to see some familiar faces.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1302 July, 2020, 11:55 am.

Couple of things.

1) @Jeroenix, I disagree with your "should never be a professor" bit. If I am fortressing with friends, we are all trying to hop in simultaneously to avoid interlopers. An extra layer of having to enter in the right order would be a nightmare.

2) Jumping out of the lobby is very different to jumping out of a fortress. It is beneficial to allow people to do this. They may be looking for friends but missed them due to a lag / bad timing, they might not like the profession mix... Any number of things. I only use potions in an absolute emergency, so I will NOT enter a dark chamber without the trinity. People will assess potion stocks, their spell energy levels and any number of things. Just because I can get through D5 without one profession doesn't mean I want to, or even should have to. It isn't about being "skittish", it is just my preferred playing style.

edited July 2 #1402 July, 2020, 12:46 pm.

Three of a single profession and two of another- or one each of the other two can easily beat Dark V if there is teamwork

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1502 July, 2020, 12:56 pm.

"easily" is a relative term. A 3/2 team can beat dark 5 more easily in most cases than a 4/1 team, and almost certainly easier than going solo, but definitely not as easy as a balanced team with 1 or 2 of each profession. Some people who are low on resources may prefer to do dark 5 without using potions, or need to conserve their energy. In those cases, a 3/2 team might not be "easy" enough for them.

#1602 July, 2020, 01:08 pm.

@MtPollux correct, i meant 3-2 (or 3-1-1) can be done with ample time to spare (2:30+) if there is teamwork

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    #1702 July, 2020, 04:20 pm.

However, without knowing people’s relative skills or levels, some people may not want to risk it. And, on a bad roll of foes, without the trinity I may be using potions I didn’t want to use.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #1802 July, 2020, 06:29 pm.

The dark chambers can be very frustrating. Unfortunately many players are fighting at this level due to the fortress event which cause rapid progression in the fortress levels.

My typical experience with Dark V. During countdown - many join and disembark before the time runs down - I assume looking for friends. if I don't like the balance, I will typically jump out with 30secs if we don't have at least one of each profession.

Recently - when going into battle - I follow the normal process for my profession - I cannot remember who wrote up the guide on this forum - but it was a very useful beginners guide based on profession.

The issue - typically after 1 or 2 battles (and most recently after just 1), I have finished my first battle and the others have timers showing they are dead while I have 3/4's to almost full heath depending upon whether I have something I am strong against in first wave. I battle through 2-3 more and same situation. With just one out of 3-5 battling - others dead, we are not going to win not matter how much I try or how much spell energy and potions I throw down. I cannot solo a Dark V and especially with increased foes when battling in a team. If after 3-4 rounds I see no way of winning (i.e. I the only one who has a ****) - I have dropped. Unfortunately we have many players who are entering fortresses above their grade level.

Maybe the game needs to be adjusted to take that into consideration - maybe max fortress level based on grade during challenges? Maybe limit fortress selection to be only 2-3 above recommended grade?

It is frustrating to ALL. I have yet to beat the DARK V during this current brilliant event though I have beaten many time previously with a good balanced team.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    #1902 July, 2020, 08:54 pm.

there's also players seems to not know their strategic spells or their foe's even in Dark V.