Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Foundables retuned not counting — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Foundables retuned not counting

Pooker85Pooker85 Posts: 1 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 08 July, 2020, 03:11 pm.

Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you reporting that the Foundable you are returning is not counting towards the registry Fragment? If yes, are you able to see the rewards summary screen after the encounter? Please share the name of Fragment you are referring to along with the date and time of this error so that we will look into it.

This one I had gotten from you guys. I just checked on the status of the bug and saw you guys had closed it. Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. It’s happening with multiple foundables. It just happened with one that I had never seen before so I’m not sure of the name, it was a Hogwarts student. It was happening during the last Weasley event with Ginny and the snake. Next time it happens I’m going to try and catch it with screenshots. It’s annoying because it happens with multiple foundables. Also with brand new foundables it tends to completely freeze my game.

Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 598 mod
    #204 May, 2020, 06:55 pm.

Hi @Pooker85, thanks for reporting this in the Community! This could happen if you happen to be travelling while overpowering a Confoundable. Maintain a normal walking pace while encountering a Trace to avoid this, and if you still experience the issue, please share a screen recording. I'll take a closer look!

• OtusMagicusOtusMagicus Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #329 May, 2020, 02:14 pm.

I caught Pickett and it went through all the animation, except did not show the rewards screen. It said Returned to Newt Scamander's Pocket and Pickett swirled away, but my registry still shows 0/10 fragments. I used a potent exstimulo and 2 spell energy. I'd like to have the fragment counted as returned.

• PurplePatsyPurplePatsy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #429 May, 2020, 02:21 pm.

I am having this same issue! I have noticed it mostly with the harder to get foundables (Gryffindor student, pickett, unicirn) but i am sure it is happeningcwith more common ones too. Very frustrating!

• sketchartystsketchartyst Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #529 May, 2020, 06:27 pm.

@HPWUblue this has happened to me a few times too. It just happened a few minutes ago after I used a potent extimulo and got a Tom Riddle. I wasted a potion and I am currently in very limited supply. Can you please fix it and give me the foundable back? Or at least my potion? It went through the animation you get after you successfully get it, but the rewards page didn’t show up and it’s not in my registry. Thanks.

• TheoPenbottleTheoPenbottle Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #630 May, 2020, 11:24 pm.

So apparently traveling now causes this issue? I never experienced for a long time while playing as a passenger in a car but it seems to have started within the last month or so. I couldn’t guarantee it occurred until today. Was traveling and caught a Young Tom Riddle. It went through the full successful ‘catch’ animation and then didn’t display the summary. Checking the registry after shows it at 0 collected.

• SapphireRain93SapphireRain93 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #727 June, 2020, 03:48 am.

Same, never had this issue before. I am frequently a play in the car kinds of person because I don't get foundables where I live and don't go out much with SIP. Please fix this! Or I can't play much!

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 169 ✭✭
    #827 June, 2020, 02:59 pm.

I’m having issue with this weekends event where I’m not receiving credit for returning Sorting Hats.

mom sitting at 7/10. I believe I should

be ‘at least’ at 8/10.

• BagolawBagolaw Posts: 5
    #929 June, 2020, 05:49 pm.

This has been happening to me today 6/29 starting at 12:30. I have had the following traces which I returned not show up in my registry count:

3 Sorting Hats

1 McGonagall

1 Ravenclaw Portrait

Had I not been watching the sorting hat count, I might not have noticed. It’s possible there were others before I started checking after each trace return.

• BagolawBagolaw Posts: 5
    #1029 June, 2020, 06:39 pm.

I was mid-TTD and trying to finish the 9 3/4 event when I first reported the bug. The fragment count only fails to register when a returned trace doesn’t show the full end sequence (tapping or not tapping makes no difference - in fact I lost time on my TTD by not tapping because when the bug happens it sometimes locks the game on the end sequence page if you do not tap it away quickly). Since the first report at 12:49 PM CST today, my missing fragment count is as follows:

Sorting Hat (3 missing) (1 returned did register)

Ravenclaw Portrait (5 missing)

McGonagall (2 missing)

Gryffindor student (5 missing)(1 returned trace did register)

Dumbledore Portrait (5 missing)(2 returned traces did register)

Hagrid (1 missing - fairly certain about this but it was right before I confirmed the bug with the sorting hat count so I wasn’t watching closely - quite frankly I am probably missing several more traces - particularly Dumbledore Portraits and Gryffindor Students because I do remember the quick end sequence being odd - but I wasn’t watching closely until the Sorting Hat failed to register)

• Boouhorcrux16Boouhorcrux16 Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #1108 July, 2020, 03:11 pm.

When I am playing lately there are often times that I wilL overpower the confundable and then the screen goes make to the home screen. No blue screen and It doesn’t add it to the registry