Our choices and words matter

OwlxOwlx Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 27 June, 2020, 02:41 am.

Comments

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #214 November, 2019, 02:14 am.

Indeed! So be it.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #314 November, 2019, 08:18 am.

Absolutely!! Choose them wisely! 😊

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019 #421 November, 2019, 08:47 pm.

“well, bless your heart”

said with an angelic smile

;-)

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #607 June, 2020, 04:01 am.

Beautifully written @Owlx, thank you!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #807 June, 2020, 04:07 am.

@Owlx Well said! ❤️😊

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 415 ✭✭✭
    #907 June, 2020, 04:24 am.

What a wall of text. LoL

A good wall of text. 👍

For me something like this (online games update turn dissastrous) is happened many times.

So it'd make me always play in moderation, well scarcity of poi and spawns also help that playstyle. 😬

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1007 June, 2020, 04:36 am.

I agree with you @Kodokmag!

@Owlx you did such an amazing job summarizing how lots of us are feeling right now!!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7 #1307 June, 2020, 02:03 pm.

We need that balance. I think we’ve all missed the old days of the fun camaraderie on here. There’s been too much negativity and not enough positivity.

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on...that’s who we really are.” - Sirius Black / JK Rowling

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1407 June, 2020, 08:11 pm.

Totally agree @Magpie31 ! That is what I felt had been lost at the moment, the balance of the good things that are the reason so many of us are still playing, every day, as normal.

And was worried that anyone new to the forum would definitely not be able to get a sense of the comradery you mention @MrSciGuy in the fun and balanced way that we experienced it. And that's how we made friendships from our chat about the things that were driving us nuts, but also the things we were loving soooo much!!

And we also put through many suggestions about how to improve the game, a new feature we thought would be great, then others would agree and hopefully expand the ideas, which the devs listened to and acted upon! All because we would pop on each day, have a look at a new thread & comment.

As it stood over the past couple of weeks, there definitely wasn't the encouragement visable to chat about anything but the current issues. Where's the incentive in that to put forward ideas about gameplay, or even to discuss it!? Not really there was it- so I'm really glad there are fresh topics about the game to discuss now alongside the threads about the updates 😊❤

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1515 June, 2020, 05:00 pm.

“Daddy, words hurt you know!” -Emma Hall Pass

yes words hurt, and yes you can find great movie quotes to back up that statement. But life is not as simple as a movie and anonymous life on the net is even more complicated!

however you have the choice to scroll past, ignore, and in some places simply block those you don’t agree with. And I get it, your safe space got overrun by these ugly people that came here to vent. Your happy place got overrun by an angry mob that was incensed by changes to the one thing that was anchoring them in a world of chaos.

ive posted a few times here with problems, and yes I came here to vent about the fragment issue. I didn’t have to vent because it seems it was covered fully by others. I did add my 2 cents into some posts.

your community got overrun by these a “people” really set me off tho! It’s not “your” community

and these angry people have every right to say what they want, their real world is in chaos and changes to their fantasy world have added to that chaos! This game(and many others) is an escape for many from a worldwide pandemic, and now the resulting chaos from media driven news! Their one outlet is to vent online and you sit in your mutable fortress and pretend it’s immutable! Tune it out and move on, it will wash away like everything else and your safe comfortable little space will return.

rant over

edited June 15 #1715 June, 2020, 06:46 pm.

@Lucoire i wasn’t referencing actual words, didn’t care to, but there is always the stickler. I think moderators can be the ones deleting those posts, and we all know that and also know that the OP wasn’t referencing it. So you can cut and paste and list and comment, it’s what trolls do, not saying you’re a troll, just recognizing a key tell.

Post edited by BocaG on
    #1915 June, 2020, 07:38 pm.

I’ve never attacked a specific person, and I m offended by your insinuation I have. I know what a troll is, I’ve been dealing with message boards for over 40 years going back to the early years of bulletin board systems. I just don’t like what I read in this thread because I see it and have seen it in countless gaming communities. I’m not afraid to call it out or to be ostracized by said communities. And with that I walk away.. good day

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #2015 June, 2020, 08:56 pm.

Well said @Bormacska

@Lucoire did not deserve that retort from @BocaG

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2115 June, 2020, 11:39 pm.

@Lucoire is perhaps the furthest thing from a troll. I completely agree with what @Bormacska said.

Take care @BocaG 👋🏼

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16 #2216 June, 2020, 02:01 am.

Agree with everyone above!!

Happoy Pottering and God bless you!

Post edited by HPWUblue on
  • LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19 #2419 June, 2020, 11:06 pm.

Just a few thoughts on "inclusion"

Many Goups and Communities consider themselves "inclusive" - meaning that anyone who wants to belong to that Group or Community... can simply do so without any additional requirements.

However, inclusion always goes both ways. You can't expect to be included and at the same time want to exclude others - that doesn't work. It is safe to state that inclusion requires tolerance.

So as much as we talk about community we should never forget to treat each other nicely and with dignity. As much as we vent and argue, we should never forget that the breaking point for any community is the point where the unwritten rule of tolerance is violated.

Anyone and everyone is welcome here but at the same time anyone is also expected to return and pass on that feeling of "being welcome".