Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
June Wizarding Weekend- 800 Hogwarts Family XP?!? — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

June Wizarding Weekend- 800 Hogwarts Family XP?!?

LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
edited June 19 in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 06 July, 2020, 04:32 pm.

Whoever's brainchild that was needs to step back and look at all the complaints about the 600 MoM requirement for the current brilliant event. That task was AWFUL, and you not only give us another but for a HIGHER XP COUNT?? What could you POSSIBLY have been thinking? There is time to change this requirement, PLEASE CHANGE IT. Make it a lower requirement, like 300 or change it to something easier. You expect us to get EIGHT HUNDRED in TWO DAYS. It took me THREE to get the 600 MoM. (Screenshot from https://wizardsunitehub.info/guide/hogwarts-wizarding-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR0PQFFd7HIV2NRsr9YEobg0U4UUG5bqXeyQ4gFd9SnAnGUG00oCtgqxIXU)

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 556 ✭✭✭
    #419 June, 2020, 08:52 pm.

and better start "refilling" that family. its still next week isnt it

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26 #519 June, 2020, 10:08 pm.

@MtPollux is right - the upcoming event should be significant easier to get the 800 fxp than the current one is. The upcoming event is focused solely on 9 3/4 family foundables, whereas the current one is a brilliant event (with a slight boost to some MoM foundables). Also, the upcoming one, like on Community Days, is significantly boosting severe and emergency such as McGonagall and the Sorting Hat. Placing just a few of those will easily get you your 800 fxp.

The current 600 fxp task in the brilliant event is much worse.

Post edited by HPWUblue on
  • WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #624 June, 2020, 12:30 am.

@LionessMolly

They want us to waist our spell energy and potions , so we have to buy ($$$$$) more!

The greed is ruining the game.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24 #724 June, 2020, 06:25 am.

800 fxp will be much easier than the 600 fxp was. With the increased spawns, you can get it fast. Concentrate on the return x trace quests and you will likely get the 800 fxp, before they are even done.

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1025 June, 2020, 06:44 pm.

A few points-

After hitting as many 9 3/4 foundables as possible in my area I have managed to get a few foundables ready to place which will get me about 200 family xp.

The "simmer down" comment really bugged me, so thank you for your comment @VanFanel842.

@Kitzen I had actually quite forgotten about that. As I recall I had several near-complete foundables at the time so it didn't bother me much. You have a fair point. What bothers me about these huge fxp requirements is that I live in an area where there are not a lot of foundables and so I have to drive to the city where I can find more. While my state is in phase 2 of reopening masks are required when in public and with the heat lately and as an asthmatic I have severe issues wearing my mask for the time it takes to get a decent number of foundables. It didn't bother me much when the weather was mild but with the heat I find myself getting weak and dizzy faster. shrug it is what it is and as we've all learned complaining about the game does nothing since Niantic does not care about us at all.

@WitchHiker - they'll find themselves disappointed with me, my wallet hasn't opened once for this game.

• KitzenKitzen Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    #1125 June, 2020, 06:48 pm.

@LionessMolly you should be able to complete the event without leaving the house, the hogwarts traces will be extremely boosted with the tonics, so just chug them down as much as you can, you should have no problem. it will be much better than the brilliant event

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 81 ✭✭
    #1225 June, 2020, 07:12 pm.

it will be difficult, but it will not be impossible. 3 full days.

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1325 June, 2020, 09:01 pm.

@FixMyGreenStars Yeah I realized too late to edit that it's 3 full days, not two.

• JosieBellerJosieBeller Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1526 June, 2020, 03:25 am.

HPWULOLA, thank you for joining the conversation! I find that running out of energy is still a problem for these more intense challenges. I end up sitting around waiting for a energy or two to finally pop up, use them up, then sit around again.

Somewhat off-topic, while you're here I have a question about gifts. I'm an essential worker and have been able to stop by some inns and greenhouses, but I wonder how people who are sheltering in place are supposed to get any gifts to give? Being able to open twice as many is only helpful if our friends have them to give, and right now almost everyone is only giving runestones because that's all they can get. Could you please pass on a request that some small percentage of energy on the map also give an energy gift, so that the homebound are able to exchange gifts?

In the longer run, I think a Pepper-Up Potion would be very useful! We could brew and save up a few when we know we won't be able to get near any inns, but will be needing to complete a bunch of tasks in a hurry. Having a couple stashed away would be a lifesaver when trying to get through one more level in a fortress. Rural locations with few inns could have more Pepper-Up Potion ingredients appear than areas with lots of energy sources.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 556 ✭✭✭
    #1626 June, 2020, 03:41 am.

i usually delete my normal energy gift and usually send my runestone gift, because from my morning walk my energy caps would be maxed (beside completing daily task capture 10 foundables). so i thought its more important to give runestone than energy gift. seems i'm wrong.

• WizardN87WizardN87 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1726 June, 2020, 04:15 pm.

Personal for me these tasks 600/800 family exp were pretty easy, because of the new fragment system (rewards which you get after resetting the fragment count or placing the image). Let say for example:

Owl Lecturn (acquired from fortress challenges) after placing or resetting the fragment counter it gives:

Standart page: 80fxp

Bronze page: 250fxp

Silver page: 600fxp

Gold page: 1200fxp

For me this is the easiest way to get this task done.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1826 June, 2020, 06:15 pm.

14 minutes into the event and this task is complete.

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited June 26 #1926 June, 2020, 06:36 pm.

I think i'll have to give up on Minerva until snowdrops show up for me. Tried capturing using strong one, but even with masterful 3 strikes, no luck. I'll just try to complete the rest of the foundables and wait for next year's event :P Can go up max 1 level on that page. I guess thats okay :)

Greenhouse spawns very less snowdrop (i got like 1 of those). and now on zero potent exstimulo despite weeks of hunting for snowdrop. I guess I can't complain. I should never use any potents unless i see emergencies. I used a lot of them on the recent MoM event and lost about 10 of these.

Impressed by TONIC spawns

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Was able to get 2 Minerva's after this post - so relieved :)

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #2028 June, 2020, 03:19 pm.

There is a big difference between trying to get family XP when many Foundables in the family are boosted and when they are not.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #2101 July, 2020, 04:31 pm.

@LionessMolly if you’re in a rural area and have to drive just to get to Inns, Greenhouses, fortresses, send me your friend code, I’ll add you and send you gifts to make things easier.

• SeverusVIISeverusVII Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #2202 July, 2020, 08:02 pm.

Seriously? Another task like this after all the negative feedback from the last one? This game is ceasing to be fun.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2302 July, 2020, 11:38 pm.

I’m confused @SeverusVII. Which task are you referring to? You’re commenting on a thread that was from last weekend’s event.

• SeverusVIISeverusVII Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #2403 July, 2020, 06:46 am.

@MrSciGuy that would be the “earn 300 care for magical creatures xp” task in this week’s special event. Getting at most 5 from returning a foundable.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3 #2503 July, 2020, 10:06 am.

@SeverusVII which was still easier than the previous brilliant event due to boosted COMC traces and a significantly reduced required amount of family XP (from 600 to 300).

• AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 114 ✭✭
    edited July 3 #2603 July, 2020, 10:00 pm.

@Lucoire It was 300 XP, but I still needed 3 days to get that far.

I don't have time to play that much as I played before, so I usually do 1 hours play a day (I monitor game through day, but I catch foundables only if I see anything important)...

#2704 July, 2020, 11:13 am.

@AndyRozman That may be so but remember: it is supposed to be challenging.

Also, my point was a counter to @SeverusVII's claim that the Devs didn't listen at all. The Devs did listen to the reasonable feedback:

• Threshold too high
    • Difficult to obtain without boosted family traces

... which they both adressed:

• Threshold lowered from 600 FXP to 300 FXP
    • Slightly boosted COMC-Family-Traces

The Devs did (for good reason) ignore fundamentalist criticism along the lines "this is literally the worst, totally unplayable, never do this again".

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #2804 July, 2020, 02:35 pm.

@hpwulola I have no complaint about the task itself, whether it be 300, 600 or 800 family XP. My issue is that I wasn't experiencing the boost in traces during the event. I was able to complete them through the combination of Wizarding Challenges and being driven to multiple landmark locations over up to 4 days where I could pick up 1 or 2 family traces at a time. For the current Baby Beast event, I noticed that again, I wasn't seeing any increase in traces when I used my first TTD. Next, I used a brilliant runestone in a Challenge and received the BE reward. I did another Challenge with brilliant runestone and it was an error filled mess that fortunately didn't result in defeat. I immediately looked to the forum for a bug report and was reminded by a community member to download assets. I hadn't received the red dot notification on my settings icon, however when I went to check I found the red dot on "Download Assets". Now, after I think about it, I don't remember downloading assets for the preceding events either. That was a real head slap moment for me, realizing that I likely made more work for myself! So, after downloading assets and restarting the game, I was pretty certain that I would encounter more traces for this event. My next TTD was still pretty dismal, but as the days have progressed I have noticed an increase in spawns of all three recent families affected.

My questions now, 1. Were there assets to download for all of these events? and 2. Are the increase in spawns designed to be incremental throughout the event?

#2904 July, 2020, 03:26 pm.

@Dextraone

Keep in mind that the increase in COMC-Traces was only slightly - not as overwhelming as the boost during the Community-Weekend.

• AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 114 ✭✭
    #3006 July, 2020, 12:07 am.

@Lucoire Its good that its challenging, but too big challenges should go into Bonus assignment, not in the regular one.

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #3106 July, 2020, 01:25 am.

Every time someone mentions FXP tasks as a challenge I shake my head. 'Insert time to complete' tasks are not a challenge. They're a participation badge. If you can't try and fail, it's not a challenge. I look at all the posts of people complaining about failing to complete dark 5 chambers, and quite honestly I think that's beautiful. It's an opportunity to learn and grow. If the 'highest chamber' task were changed to 'complete dark 5 with 4:00+ left on the clock,' I would love it. The resources are there for any player to do that at no cost, you just need to muster the will to learn strategy, get a team together, beacon in the Bus, and be willing to each use a couple strong exstimulos to make sure you get through quickly. 4:00 left doesn't even necessarily require the use of potions unless you get a bad draw for your team composition. It would be excellent for an additional set of bonus tasks to require 6:00 left on the clock, which would certainly require the use of potions. And for an optional task, that's fine.