Game has to be restarted very often

EzeranEzeran Posts: 13 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 27 June, 2020, 05:42 pm.

I have to restart the game really a lot after the last update. I also get "Walk closer to the fortress to fight this Foe" when I click on foundables on the map. Additionally I also cannot play fortresses (Bus and normal) when this bug appears. There I get "Unable to load the chamber. Please try again" Sometimes one, sometimes two restart fix the problem for a while.

One Plus 5T, Android 9

Version 2.13, donwloaded vom Google Play Store

4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• EzeranEzeran Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #217 June, 2020, 09:41 am.

Additionally it seems to happen more frequently if I switch to another app when the reward screen is displayed after a wizard challenge.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 551 mod
    #317 June, 2020, 10:05 am.

Thank you for reporting in the Community,  @Ezeran. It sounds similar to an issue where players won't be able to interact with most of the in-game objects, and their Magical Me/ Avatar shows in a T-Pose state.

I've attempted its fix on your account. Could you force-close the app and try again? If the issue persists, try reinstalling the app. Let me know how it goes.

#418 June, 2020, 09:38 am.

After a reinstall the problem seems to be gone. Thank you!

edited June 18 #518 June, 2020, 11:50 am.

I have to revert my previous statement. The bug is back again.

I played a wizard challenge and on the reward screen i switched to Telegram to check something went back, clicked ok and then "unable to load chamber" pops up. Then I try to play a new chamber and it does not work. So I have to restart the game.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 551 mod
    #618 June, 2020, 12:26 pm.

@Ezeran I took another look at your account and found that you've taken part in Wizarding Challenges and Trace Encounters after posting this. If you're still experiencing any issue, could you please elaborate? A screenshot/ recording would help too. Thanks.

#718 June, 2020, 02:45 pm.

Made a screen recording. Hope that helps. Thx!

https://we.tl/t-NwKjwldkpe

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 605 admin
    #819 June, 2020, 11:43 pm.

@Ezeran can you share a Google drive link?

#1022 June, 2020, 08:10 am.

@HPWUrobert any new findings? Still having the same problem.

edited June 22 #1122 June, 2020, 10:08 am.

Played a couple of chambers and after the 3rd one I had the mentioned error. Additionally I also could not pick up stuff on the map this time too.

Attached are the errors I got.

#1222 June, 2020, 05:28 pm.

@Ezeran in the video you forced the game to give you the error by backgrounding the app, then reopening. The error is expected. Do you have another video? I suspect that your connection becomes unstable and your device reports a different location even though your avatar remains in the same place. Restarting helps because it forces your device to restart connection and refresh your GPS.

#1323 June, 2020, 07:27 am.

@HPWUrobert What other video should I upload? The video shows the error of course. The error was not there in older versions of the game. I am confused now.

#1423 June, 2020, 10:13 am.

I misread your original issue so I don't need another video:

I played a wizard challenge and on the reward screen i switched to Telegram to check something went back, clicked ok and then "unable to load chamber" pops up. Then I try to play a new chamber and it does not work. So I have to restart the game.

Backgrounding the app disrupts the connection to the server. The error message was not there in older versions, but it's preventing you from getting a T-Pose error. The only feedback I can give to the team is that the error message should be fatal and force you to restart.

#1524 June, 2020, 02:05 pm.

Ok, so I should not be backgrounding the game at all?

• JixamaJixama Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1627 June, 2020, 05:42 pm.

I'm also seeing the "walk closer to the fortress" message more frequently for foundables near me on the map, and sometimes I move but continue to see foundables on the map where I used to be minutes ago instead of where I am now. Manually restarting fixes these issues, but has been needed a more often lately.