Update on 2.13.0 Fragment Issue

Comments

• SkygreSkygre Posts: 48 ✭✭
    #3802 June, 2020, 12:04 pm.

I can only agree with all players saying it will be very difficult to compensate for all that is lost for many of us. Getting back all fragments and stars that now aren't there, will take a lot of time, energy, potions, runestones and keys. And I don't see it as very likely, that you will actually give the players affected, a good enough compensation, if you don't return the missing fragments and stars. I'm still playing, but feel very demotivated trying to replace images I've placed before, trying to get prestiging of pages I've already should have been able to prestige, and trying to get back all my missing green stars.

• IsThisMajorTomIsThisMajorTom Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #3902 June, 2020, 01:16 pm.

just one note @kiheikid: "how to offset with other make good solutions" is actually saying we won't get stars and placed fragments back, just other make good solutions.

• SoccerDivaSoccerDiva Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4202 June, 2020, 01:45 pm.

@hpwulola

Thank you for communicating an update. For me, i have already started putting a lot of effort into replacing all the fragments I lost during the second fix. I think it would be helpful if you were able to give us all a large bundle of runestones. Most of the fragments I lost were from towers, and now i lack the runestones to get them back again.

Thanks

SoccerDiva

• SiyaLarkSiyaLark Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #4502 June, 2020, 03:03 pm.

I am a player who was affected by both updates, and had pretty big losses in both. I've lost dozens of green star images in the last "update" which hasn't been fun.

I was joking about it elsewhere before, but perhaps the best way to compensate would be to automatically prestige a number of our pages, but just once (maybe 10 or so prestiges?) E.g. if I have the Magizoology page of Newt at bronze, you can allow me to prestige it to silver (but not to gold) while keeping all of my numbers of fragments on the page the same. You could count up all the spell energy, gold, potions, dark detectors etc. that were lost and try to recompensate all of that, but essentially it boils down to our prestiged pages that were ultimately lost. Perhaps you could even allow us to choose which pages to prestige.

Hopefully there is a way for the team to determine who would deserve the prestiged pages vs. who would not (i.e. who actually lost prestiged pages vs. who did not), but I imagine that may be difficult. But it would certainly seem more fair to me.

Just my two cents.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4602 June, 2020, 03:33 pm.

@yogalife2good I understand your points about the losses of fragments, runes, potions, and energy. But did you actually lose 150 red books? I hadn't heard of anyone else reporting that.

• MrMasterMiltankMrMasterMiltank Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    #4802 June, 2020, 03:48 pm.

Count me in on being bummed by this "resolution". With gaining 1 fragment on challenges pages per runestone, it will take me forever to regain what I've lost. Had TONS of wands on the higher challenges pages, which means I've lots TONS of red books. @hpwulola , this is a huge dissapointment. Don't get me wrong, I know you're in the middle of poop mountain and are trying to navigate a path through. But after going to Indy for Wizards fest, and thinking that this game has a lot of potential, the update that broke everything as well as Niantic's stance on "recovery" of lost items is pretty insane.

• NightmaritusNightmaritus Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #4902 June, 2020, 04:09 pm.

@MtPollux Basically we lost hundreds of red books from the Challenges Registry because the May 7th fiasco. I had several pages already on gold there, and with the original amounts I should have been able to prestige those pages several times over. Same with the pages that I had on silver that I got on gold and the page that I had on bronze that I got to silver (and that should be on some cases be gold by now if the original rollover had worked as it should have). I should’ve been able to prestige those several times, and get those hundreds of red books, like some have.

And don’t get me started on the runestones... I’m irritated by the fact that some players have gained hundreds of runestones, while I got only so few, and have to carefully consider what level runestones to use in the Fortress, because I don’t have so many of those.

• VollblutprinzVollblutprinz Posts: 2
    #5102 June, 2020, 04:49 pm.

My first thougts: This is fake. But, no, it is true. Are you serious in not refunding our hard work? It took so much time, money, miles, ambition and pain to reach things which are deleted so fast. This game has so few players compared to other Niantic games. That´s the way how to loose players and demotivate them.

• frasierfonziefrasierfonzie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5202 June, 2020, 04:49 pm.

My make-good suggestion: 7 of every fortress fragment. It will allow players to place all of them (if they are on the base frame) or at least get a jump if they are higher.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5302 June, 2020, 04:55 pm.

Amid carnage of recent releases how about fixing the combat system?

Might as well get all the moaning over at once, maybe this thread will hit 1000 posts and get a gold badge :)

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭
    #5402 June, 2020, 04:56 pm.

@frasierfonzie Not even close to a reasonable make-good solution. How many total fortress battles have you been in? Pre-lowering of the fragments from fortresses, that could be accomplished in mere hours. The losses caused by the "fixes" were months of losses! Please don't try to make a suggestion, if you have not been playing for long and have no idea about how catastrophic the fixes have been to many of us.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    #5502 June, 2020, 05:21 pm.

at this point i dont want another gift with coins or red or green books, id like the devs to give everyone who registered even an hour before the update of 7th may 500 challenge frags per image and 100 exploration frags per image, on all families/pages. That'd be a solution, that is the only solution that displays you actually give a flying f....iddle about your customers/clients. just get it done i dont care how.

• PLANET23KPLANET23K Posts: 7
    #5702 June, 2020, 05:32 pm.

@hpwulola One simple question: How are you going to deal with this situation, especially since YOU HAVE NOT POSTPONED THE LAST EVENT?

We've been told NOT to prestige/place images/catch fragments at all AND lost our fragments because of your "fix" (nullifying possibilities to advance pages in many cases), essentially bringing the game to a total halt and discarding the last event. In normal circumstances I would play, advance to silver, earn a good deal of XP.

But I'm actually concerning stopping playing at all because of your changes.

Bonus question (rhetorical): are you happy about the total mess you've done?

• DarkbluerDarkbluer Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited June 2 #5802 June, 2020, 05:59 pm.

@MtPollux 150 red books mean ~6000 challenge fragments, which is possible with silver wand pages.

This discussion has been closed.