Repo of FanFest foundables

DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 04 June, 2020, 06:15 am.

Any particular reason why all the Tom Riddle fragments i got at fanfest with the ticket i paid for, were taken away?

are they going to be returned, or ?

i had 14, just found the last one to finally flip that page and...poof, just like that, 14/3 after the catch becomes 0/5 at bronze level.

i am afraid to touch anything else in the registry because the rest of my paid for fragments from ticket purchase are also probably going to be repossessed and taken away.

basically now i cant play, without punishment.

if i uninstall the game and never look back at least i can keep the memories of the event.

are my fragments to be returned?

this made me sad enough to log back into the forums i swore off last summer.

signed,

upset and taken advantage of.

Tagged:

Comments

• HOOTowl09HOOTowl09 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #209 May, 2020, 09:53 pm.

After exiting the registry and going back in, are you still seeing 0/5 on your bronze level? For me, ones that I have prestiged after they declared it safe to do so don't show the rollover foundables right away. I have to exit the registry and come back to see the rollover. It sounds like you just prestiged, so I would expect that to be the case. If I misunderstood and you prestiged right after the initial bugged release and before the update, then this probably won't solve your problem.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    #321 May, 2020, 10:45 am.

nope.

and since i didnt know anything about this, and found my fifteenth tom riddle on may 8th, according to the sos report, im beat.

they just straight stole back part of the experience i paid for and drove more then halfway across the country for.

really sad and upset.

#421 May, 2020, 10:48 am.

best advice i can give anyone playing this game - dont pay for and go to a ticketed event, they will just repo your stuff later. money ill spent.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #521 May, 2020, 01:10 pm.

@Digitalis hey! I remember you! Without knowing the exact timeline of what happened when, you may get fragments back while they fix the 2.13 update, or you may not. Did you play on May 7 when the update came out? Did you mistakenly place tom riddle on the base page? By your OP, I’m a little confused because you said you finally got the 15th tom riddle to flip the page, but you should have been able to prestige when you had 14/3. Did you not prestige, catch the tom riddle, and that’s when you lost fragments?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
    #621 May, 2020, 11:27 pm.

@Digitalis The fix going out should restore a lot of these Fragments. However, if there are some that did not get included with the fix you can write into support to have it looked into!

edited June 3 #703 June, 2020, 12:44 pm.

@Dogoutlaw exactly that.

since the medical thing kicked off i have been obligated to work stupid crazy hours. this is time of year i should only be having to work ten hours of scheduled overtime weekly. y'all seem to like food and i work in the first link of the supply chain past the farmers fields. 50 hours is done before third workday of the week now.

i dont know if i did or did not play on the 7th, im starting to miss days altogether due to work.

all i know is i had 14 of 15 tom riddles for a long time, finally found the last one on the 8th, and promptly lost all the ones i had to a 0/whatever # on a bronze page.

they havent come back. i knew nothing about this ...thing ... they did to the registry.

its been some time now, have to conclude they arent going to do anything, and i'm more then a little sad that i had the souveniers of a pretty cool at the time experience taken away. i dont know if im in for another ticketed event. my friends would be disappointed in me if i didnt warn them before they decide to spend money.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #804 June, 2020, 06:15 am.

@Digitalis unfortunately there was no in game warning for the fragment numbers changing. It took many by surprise, not to mention no instructions on how the new system worked. I’m sorry you became a victim of that. Given they completely messed up the fix last week, I don’t know if you ended up getting them back, or they are gone. I hope you got them back. Some accounts got really screwed up. Stay safe and healthy in these crazy times.