How can you tell if you got fragments credited after the update?

PapasequoiaPapasequoia Posts: 10 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 22 May, 2020, 08:47 pm.

So I was auto-updated to 2.13.1, when I went to download all assets because there was a red dot it said there weren't any (0 megs). I was one of the ones who prestiged pages before the alert went out not to do it. So, I thought I would get more from this update, but I don't notice any difference and going through the pages I only found one fragment that could be updated which I just might have missed. Is there any way to tell what and how many fragments I may have gotten after the update, or could it really be just a single fragment? Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 102 ✭✭
    #220 May, 2020, 09:15 am.

They are still working on a fix to bring back the lost fragments.

The update wasn't supposed to do that.

• PapasequoiaPapasequoia Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #320 May, 2020, 05:18 pm.

Are you sure? On another forum I read a couple of people have posted that with the new update (2.13.1) they got their fragments back? The bug fix page from Apple, Orange Wizard etc, say that they "fixed an issue where if a player returned a foundable with fragments over the max count, the fragment count would reset to the max amount with the player losing extra fragments." I still have numerous fragments with a count of O/x without a star next to them which are, I assume, from when I prestiged and extra fragments didn't carry over. The bug fix description doesn't really say if they restored fragments yet or not.

Hopefully someone from Niantic will read this and can report if this latest update did or did not restore the fragments? Thanks!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #420 May, 2020, 05:31 pm.

@Papasequoia see @hpwulola's reply below. She was responding to your same question, "are they still working on replacing the lost fragments?"

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/comment/38777#Comment_38777

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
    #520 May, 2020, 05:41 pm.

Thanks for helping answer this @MtPollux!

Yes, 2.13.1 included a fix that prevented further loss of Fragments in a case where a player was collecting a Fragment that was currently over the max. Example: A player was at 12/10 and the addition of a new fragment reset it to 10/10. If you have 12/10 Fragments, place your sticker to continue collecting Fragments. However, if you do collect one, this bug fix will stop it from resetting to 10/10.

We are still finalizing our fix to return lost Fragments and I hope we will have a post with all the details ready for you this week! We also will include an FAQ about Fragment counts in general as I know these questions have been popular.

• PapasequoiaPapasequoia Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #620 May, 2020, 05:58 pm.

Thanks for the info!

• OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #721 May, 2020, 09:16 am.

@hpwulola "A player was at 12/10 and the addition of a new fragment reset it to 10/10"

This is incorrect: Before 2.13.1 you would go 12/10->0/10. After 2.13.1 you stay at 12/10 even if catching more, and it even shows in-registry as 12/10.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #821 May, 2020, 01:34 pm.

@OGMagus actually she is correct. When I had over the max fragments, and I got another, it took me down to max, “cashing out” my overage for xp. It happened to me most in my challenge registry. I didn’t have enough fragments of one particular wand to prestige, and in playing to get that wand, I’d be rewarded others I was over max. It would cash out all those extras, and leave me with just the max number, eg 21/21 instead of 100/21.

• OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #922 May, 2020, 09:06 am.

@Dogoutlaw I do not have specifix experience on the challenge Foundables between 2.13 and 2.13.1 but I do on the Exploration Foundables. To me, you expreiences are similar to mine on 2.12 that first day.

Anyway it's all under the bridge now; I mereley commented so that WB doen't miss out og what people actually may have lost.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1022 May, 2020, 08:47 pm.

@OGMagus I sincerely hope all that was lost is replaced. Each person's experience, and loss, was different depending on what they did and when. It's a complex issue to resolve. I lost a lot of oddity fragments as well as some challenge fragments. I hope I get them back, but if not, oh well. But my loss was not as big as others.