HOW TO STOP Players who don't contribute in chambers.

BuutterfaceBuutterface Posts: 8 ✭✭
in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 14 October, 2020, 09:11 am.

Quite possibly the most irritating part of the game is other players using the knight bus along for the ride contributing little to nothing in game. The worst part is this often leads to a round lost for the players who are in it together and they may not even notice the leaches among us.

How to stop this:

1. A foe **** count added on each player to help identify those not contributing early enough as not to waste more resources than needed.

2. A player kick voting system. Allow others a chance to kick inactive players when they are identified as leaches. A majority rules would be ideal. Or at the very least rewards proportionate to the foes killed are damage done.

Comments

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #816 May, 2020, 08:30 pm.

I agree with @Reader1946 and @Daybat that there are other reasons besides being a deadbeat. And @Spondee you're right on in terms of dealing with glitches. Today, just after I clicked an opponent, my game lost connection. I had to restart the game. And oddly - and happily - it put me right back in the chamber. But I had lost almost a minute waiting and then deciding to restart. I was able to get a couple of foes down, and revived someone I saw when I first got back in, but I didn't haul my usual weight.

Also, yeah, a high five button would be really great after a smooth challenge. But like in life, building good teams is hard.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #1419 May, 2020, 06:18 am.

Do not forget that Aurors have a passive that gives them +50% crit power against foes with 100% stamina.

Being "nice" and weaken their foes, kinda makes their passive useless.

Though as an auror, going in and tap foes to proc said passive... That makes sense.

#1627 May, 2020, 03:58 am.

I just had a similar experience @FireNightingale . But this was with a full team, MMPAA, and at the end there were two dark wizards, and the two aurors were just sitting there. I gave one of them extra focus, and nothing. So I took one on, defeated what was left of him, and got back to the lobby to find the other one still unengaged - with 2 seconds left. ****?

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1727 May, 2020, 04:27 am.

@VoiceMaster - re your post #13 above, jumping out of the lobby with only 15 seconds left on the counter is not enough time for everyone else in the lobby to react to your late departure, since they might be caught by surprise and be slow in then deciding whether themselves to stay or jump ... in my opinion and experience. may i suggest you set your personal deadline (to stay or leave the lobby) at minimum 30 seconds or even better at 45 seconds ? i try to decide by 45 sec. left and have a hard deadline of 30 sec. left.

if there is at least one other player of the same profession as you, the consequences of your late departure are lessened somewhat ... but i would still hope everyone decide by no later than 30 secs left

• Strider86Strider86 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1906 June, 2020, 05:02 pm.

I'm finding the issue isn't with people not fighting, it's with people not using buffs/heals/hexes at all. Just been in one with a group of AAAPM, i'm an A. I started off by giving 3 focus to the P, fought the first battle and no buffs were up, then I gave my focus to the M, second battle and up came bravery sigh (no elite foes at all), came out of battle transferred one focus to P who was then full, M had full focus, third battle finished with 5 HP left so I decided to sit and do nothing as not one heal from M, or another buff from the P was used.

This probably describes 4/5 of random groups, it's incredibly frustrating.

#2006 June, 2020, 05:57 pm.

@Strider86 I have experienced that, too. Can you, though, give me a good definition of "buff"? Are they the bravery, shield and proficiency? I know what things do, but the word "buff" is used in many different ways and it's confusing. I know Aurors and Professors can hit enemies from the outside that other people are fighting. Is that also a "buff"? Magizoos can't do that. All we can do is restore.

You're right to be frustrated when there are no elite foes and we cast bravery. I have found myself automatically casting it in the heat of the moment, then when I go to click on a foe, I realize I just wasted focus. I also have revived people when there was no need to, 'cause there were only a couple of foes left. The more experience I get with teams, the more I know what to look for before acting.

Unfortunately, unless we a potion when we first start, we can't cast bravery before the first foes are engaged. We can only cast after we earned focus fighting our first foe. So I would advice people not to take the elite foes first. Play your easy one, then wait for your Mag to give you focus, then go to the elite.

For the most part, the profs I have fought with know to cast proficiency and shield. I've been in quite a few situations where I'm the only Magizoo, and my profs totally take care of me, shielding me from losing points. I'm grateful for that. I want to go back and finish my prof skill tree so I can see team playing from that side.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2106 June, 2020, 06:06 pm.

@VoiceMaster "buffs" are abilities that strengthen players and improve their stats. As you said, in this game they are the bravery, proficiency, and shield charms.

Games that include buffs also usually have "debuffs" which weaken opponents. In this game the debuffs are the hexes we can cast: deterioration, weakness, and confusion.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2206 June, 2020, 06:12 pm.

@VoiceMaster well said. I too am a magizoo and I really wish when playing with a team that everyone would wait until the end of the battle or maybe middle to start battling elite foes. Magizoo’s start with 5 focus and bravery costs 7 focus so I typically can’t cast bravery until about 5 foes have been conquered as I need to have five focus at all times. In the dark chambers I need more then five focus because I have had situations where I come out of battling a foe and three of five team mates were knocked out costing three focus to revive them. Especially D3-D5. Does that sound about right to you?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    #2306 June, 2020, 10:49 pm.

@Strider86 i get that feeling. A team battle but feel like solo, auror/prof only hex their own foes or magiz only heal them self.

As if their just graduate from ruins-tower chambers.

Raising profession level t 11-13 is fast (can go to high chamber) but it will take a quite some time to master a profession.

#2406 June, 2020, 11:59 pm.

@Kodokmag as a magizoo I have never ever healed myself. In a dark level I will come out of a battle to check on my team mates if there were people that were close to being knocked out. I am just speaking for a magizoo’s perspective.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    #2507 June, 2020, 12:49 am.

@ClairabusGryff yeah me too. as magiz if really really need a heal i prefer using healing potion than using 2 focus on self.

if teambattle is good, usually dont really need a heal until end challenge, right?

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2607 June, 2020, 03:36 am.

@Kodokmag Glad it is not just me!

#2707 June, 2020, 03:53 am.

Exactly my thoughts @Kodokmag - since we get so many healing potions from gifts use those if my stamina goes down and I hadn’t been protected. I carefully cover my focus like it is gold !! 👌😁👌👏

#2808 June, 2020, 11:31 pm.

@CLAIRABUSGRYFF YES, that sounds totally right to me (as I answer your question from two days ago). I am constantly coming out in the middle of battles when I know that I'm the only Magizoo there, especially when I'm playing with a lot of Aurors. I am guilty, though, of not always having five focus. It doesn't hurt me when I'm playing beasts, but it does when I fighting anything else. I just keep forgetting to check.

I always have at least 8 healing on hand. They're fast and easy to brew. And lately I've been making sure I have two of each invigoration draught. Just in case I get caught in a situation where I'm having to give a lot of focus. Or I forget to check what I have.

As to the giving my self focus or others, it depends. It cost 1 focus to revive someone, but two to give about a third of the total focus. So it's better to wait till someone gets knocked out. But if there's only two or three of us, I will not wait. The issue is that we can't communicate. So the people I'm playing with have to have blind trust that I am going to revive them. And sometimes I don't come out of my battles in time to do it. Or do it right away. Sometimes I see someone is low on focus and I sit and wait for them so I can go back to fighting, and they just aren't playing. Being able to communicate that I am waiting for them would be helpful. It also would be helpful if we could all see what our teammates are doing WHILE we're engaged in battle. Or we are warned when a teammate goes down.

I know that the Knight Bus was a hurried response to the coronavirus, and I'm grateful they did it. It introduced me to the art of team playing. Now that we're here, there are improvements that can be made to enhance remote team playing. But this is not a criticism. This game is well-built. There have been hiccups here and there, but my hat is off to the game builders.

• CassasauresrexCassasauresrex Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #3109 June, 2020, 08:28 pm.

@VoiceMaster I totally agree with you about someone indicating that they’re ready to go once they click the join button!

I was in battle yesterday it was just me and another auror and we both waited until about 10 seconds left to finally hit join when we realized it was just gonna be us. they hit join first and I was like “all right yeah we can do this!” And we did.

I think a huge plus would be the ability to see other teammates wizard level as well as profession level then we can decide if we want to engage in battle with them or not