May Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
edited May 15 in Announcements #1 latest comment 21 August, 2020, 03:29 pm.

May Community Day: Play At Home Edition is coming this Saturday, May 16 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time.

Here are the details:

• Special Assignments focused on Wizarding Challenges of increasing difficulty, with rewards including Spellbooks, Scrolls, high-level Runestones, and Gold
  • Increased Ingredients for Healing Potions will appear on the Map
  • Healing Potions will increase Health by 50%
  • Spell Energy will appear on the map and will give +5 Spell Energy
  • Wizarding Challenges will reward Spell Energy as well as increased Family and Challenge XP
  • Guaranteed Runestone Reward fragments when using any Runestone in Forest Chamber IV and above in Wizarding Challenges
Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #211 May, 2020, 06:34 pm.

Please keep comments on this thread relevant to May Community day! Thank you!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #311 May, 2020, 06:44 pm.

@hpwulola this community day sounds awesome! It’s been a while since we’ve had a community day focused on wizarding challenges. I’m very much looking forward to it. Also thanks for listening to feedback and adding SE as rewards for completing event tasks (both for the Brilliant event and the coming community day), it’s been very helpful. 😃😊

• LiseVLiseV Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #411 May, 2020, 06:44 pm.

Looking forward to all the wizarding challenges 😄!

• AquaishesAquaishes Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #611 May, 2020, 07:06 pm.

Good afternoon! It looks like Community day will revolve around wizarding challenges ( Yay!!) but my Knightbus button still isn't working. It was for a day but now it isn't again. Do you think there will be a fix before Community day? I don't have too many fortress near by to use so I loved that Knightbus option .. Do you recommend uninstalling the app and if I do that will I have to restart the game from scratch?

Thank you for your help😁🧙‍♀️

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11 #711 May, 2020, 07:17 pm.

Until Dark V. This could be messy. 😵😱😱😱

Can it ease down by maybe Dark I five times. Not every one are at max level and low level rank lesson in dark V could dragging the other team member isnt it?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited May 11 #811 May, 2020, 07:38 pm.

Gonna have our hands full with this one!😳

Guess I better get to working on my profession again!!

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #911 May, 2020, 08:08 pm.

Poor new players... Go do a dark 5 and win...

#1011 May, 2020, 08:26 pm.

not necessarily have to change into Dark I five times, maybe an "or" ?

and that change is for all task 4. 😅

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #1111 May, 2020, 08:37 pm.

@hpwulola Hey there. Awesome to have a community day with fortressing.

Two things... First just a comment on tasks.. Dont think high dark floors should be part of the tasks as newer wizards might not be unlocked far enough. I feel for them if it isnt lowered.

Question - will it have to be via the knight bus for those tasks which is how it is worded, Or will any fortress work (for those of us able to go out and about safely).

#1311 May, 2020, 11:39 pm.

@hpwulola

i hope lenghty delay for choosing rune have resolve before commnunity day

• Fireshadow10Fireshadow10 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 12 #1512 May, 2020, 02:48 am.

I hope the knight bus button error is fixed by then.

• Liamod10Liamod10 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited May 12 #1612 May, 2020, 06:15 am.

@LionessMolly absolutely spot on. My knight bus issue won’t even load so now not only can I not complete the Quidditch Brilliant Event but I also can’t participate in the community day at all.

Baffles me why they would work on rolling out a community day that only certain players can play before sorting out a well known issue.

If it isn’t sorted by Saturday then I guess that’s my time on Wizards Unite over with. Disappointing!

Post edited by Liamod10 on
  • AnquietasXAnquietasX Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1712 May, 2020, 07:20 am.

For all those with the Knight Bus issue, uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixes it.

• Digdet315Digdet315 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1812 May, 2020, 07:35 am.

@hpwulola Is there any point in players who prestiged before the update, and lost hundreds of foundables, playing this event? Or playing at all? Does your plan for restoration of lost foundables involve rolling back counts? In which case, we should not be playing. Or are you going to compensate us by restoring the foundables you deleted? Or by refunding all our purchases?

Sorry, I know you don’t want this in this thread, but those of us affected need to know whether we’re wasting our time playing this event.

if you still have no idea how to restore / compensate then I suggest you just say that so we can uninstall the game.

• KJGloomzKJGloomz Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #1912 May, 2020, 10:09 am.

But I have unlocked only till Dark Chamber I, which is having recommended grade is 13 but mine is only 7. I have tried 2-3 time but I'm fail to unlock Dark Chamber II. In that case I'll not able to complete the Community Day task. What should I do now? Please Help...!!! 🙁

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 132 ✭✭
    #2012 May, 2020, 10:12 am.

@KJGloomz you must mastery this class so you can go to dark chamber II. If you want fast get spell book, use runestone grade 3-5 too.

#2112 May, 2020, 10:19 am.

Thank you @Yohanes12, I try and play now from runestone grade 3-5. 🙂

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    #2212 May, 2020, 10:27 am.

I think the board just ate my post.

Good strategy @KJGloomz may also help your progress. There is a thread here:

Hope this helps!

#2312 May, 2020, 10:41 am.

Thank you @Punkyfins, this will help me I'll go through all and try to unlock further Dark Chambers. 🙂

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    edited May 12 #2412 May, 2020, 11:15 am.

It might also be a good idea to manage expectations a little bit. Without the option - depending on your profession - to a) rapidly progress in your profession level (due to a limited amount of Restricted Section books, for example) or; b) the ability to strategically join a well balanced group of four players who are experienced and have a high-level in their profession: it might be hard for newer or more inexperienced players to manage Dark Chambers successfully.

@hpwulola and others, is this the idea? In all fairness it has been clearly communicated that this event will be challenging. I have no way of judging in any exact way how people of lower profession levels can hope to achieve this. The groups in the chambers are, after all, still random. A player might expect, for example, to finish three of the tasks, but not the fourth if I read correctly.

For the time being I suggest stocking up on potions germane to your professions strengths (or weaknesses) and to play strategically. (As per the link above).

If the team (or anyone else) can provide some guidance it will, undoubtedly, be useful. At the very least for people who would like to help. Any suggestions welcome! 😊

• LiseVLiseV Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2512 May, 2020, 01:45 pm.

@Punkyfins Thank you for sharing! 😁 I hope i can get to the Forest CHambers with this help :)

#2712 May, 2020, 06:11 pm.

for those Dark dweller is it suffice to beat Dark V for rune lvl 1 (in group battle safe mode i guess) LoL.

i just a forest dweller, never touch Dark yet . 😂

• Masika0815Masika0815 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited May 12 #2812 May, 2020, 07:47 pm.

I really fear that a lot of ppl will be hanging out in those Dark Chamber Lobbys waiting for someone to do the job for them. The first 2 days of Knight bus everything seemed fine but then i noticed that those not willing (or able) to do their share are getting more. Even once ended up in a Forest 2 with a Magizoologist who spent most of the time with one of my Pixies (I'm Professor, they're mine!) and afterwards spent way too long on an Acromantula (while i did the other 12 mobs), died on it and i had like 30 sec left to finish it off. Yes, saving that lvl 5 Runestone has cost me potions i hadn't accounted for.

I have soloed Dark V once before (using 5 or more invigoration potions and potent exstimulos on almost every cast and wit-sharpening whenever possible and it still was a very close call). I am now brewing potions to be able to do that again. But i won't have much room for error like being trapped in a chamber with ppl who don't belong there. Yes, it'll be way easier if i end up with one of every other profession who know what they are doing, but before i'll figure out if this has any chance of success, a lot of potions will be gone. And I'm pretty sure, that kind of ppl will continue trying to have their quest completed and be sitting in those lobbys scaring those willing to use potions (and their brain) away.

tldr: Can we pls have an option to join solo and skip the lobby? Or even better: an option for "friends only".

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    #2912 May, 2020, 07:52 pm.

Better brace yourselves for the low level players trying to piggy back their way through the quests.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3012 May, 2020, 07:52 pm.

@Masika0815 welcome to the forum.

tldr: Can we pls have an option to join solo and skip the lobby?

This option already exists. Simply enter the chamber of your choice, make sure no one else is in there with you, and tap “join.” If someone else comes in with you, back out of the chamber, wait for it to empty/choose a different chamber/exit knight bus and reenter, and try again. As long as you hit join before anyone else enters the chamber, you’re on your own. Have fun!

• Masika0815Masika0815 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited May 12 #3112 May, 2020, 08:20 pm.

tldr: Can we pls have an option to join solo and skip the lobby?

This option already exists. Simply enter the chamber of your choice, make sure no one else is in there with you, and tap “join.” If someone else comes in with you, back out of the chamber, wait for it to empty/choose a different chamber/exit knight bus and reenter, and try again. As long as you hit join before anyone else enters the chamber, you’re on your own. Have fun!

Already trying to do that, but i'm among the ppl with a 40 sec delay before being able to pick the runestone, so it's a surprise every time how many ppl there actually are. And i won't stand a chance of ending up there solo on a fortress themed community day. Plus i lose almost a minute on every exit.

Edit: Just saw the post that it can be done in a non-Knight-Bus-Fortress. So i guess, I'll just have to not-play-from-home.

Post edited by Masika0815 on