Bit Late To Warn Us About Fragment Roll-over

1235»

Comments

• BeerTrishDaDishBeerTrishDaDish Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #12208 May, 2020, 02:23 pm.

Following your (Niantic’s) message not to prestige until I downloaded v. 13 from the App Store, I did that. Restarted the app, and started prestiging.

I am an almost level 50 player. I was on Gold on most of my pages before this “update.” The update has now left me with mostly bronze pages, and NO CARRYOVER FRAGMENTS. I got no XP for this, and almost no red books, either (I got 5-7 only, but some people say that they’ve gotten 30+ red books😡).

I had already finished the current event before this upgrade; the counters on that Registry page are now all set back to 0/15, 0/3, etc., as though I haven’t completed anything at all. Since I’d also already finished my Bonus round, the Brilliant event icon no longer appears on my front page, either.

Why did Niantic lie to me and tell me to prestige my pages when it KNEW that the new version wasn’t working properly, either?

I’ve spend hundreds of dollars on resources for this game so that I could get these fragments and prestige my pages to gold. I wish only to know: What are you going to do to either fix, or compensate me for, all of my losses? And I’m sorry: Giving me runestones and XP just simply isn’t going to cut it.

• nightliznightliz Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #12308 May, 2020, 05:08 pm.

Same issue here. I'm angry, afraid to play, and frustrated. I have put money into the game, though less than many others here. Rebalancing is good, but we had no in-game warning of this change. I prestiged before updating because there was no warning not to. I've submitted an in-game help request. What will Niantic do to make this right for the players who have put in the most time and money? Or are those of us who played in the unlucky hour just hosed?

• CeocrynCeocryn Posts: 1
    #12408 May, 2020, 05:53 pm.

I had the same problem, however, I ended up with about 40 Red books out of the deal, so I'm just like, leave it alone, I want to keep my red books. I don't even care about the missing fragments. I'll grind those out again, just let me keep these Red books.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 797 admin
    #12508 May, 2020, 06:46 pm.

Hi everyone, we apologize for the inconvenience here and are actively discussing next steps. Please stay tuned here on our main update discussion for updates. Thank you for your patience.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/6371/update-foundable-fragment-counts/p7

• BoaDestructorBoaDestructor Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #12608 May, 2020, 07:28 pm.

Well, third message of mine in this thread, and I finally got it. I also fell in between updates and collected and prestiged away.

This was most poorly communicated, and executed even worse, I think. On the one hand I'm fairly happy with the extra 92 brown books (it took me almost 2 hours to go through the 46 max rank ups) although I already had 200 to spare. Likewise, the tons of rune stones come in handy, I was already playing level 3 and 2 stones. But I do miss some gold and silver here and there, I think - it's hard to tell really

You people should really learn to pre release major updates to a select group of players, this is kindergarten type failure. And even if you can restore everyone, that will be an enormous amount of work and communication and cause a backlash of a different kind.

Either way, you're toast, although the intention was really good, and the net effect in stones and books a huge buff

I'll always miss my 59 pickets though, the 120 death eaters, and the 200 doxies. And the 492 challenge fragments. LOL

• ManjaniManjani Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #12708 May, 2020, 09:15 pm.

I followed instructions for prestiging and waited until I got a go ahead from WU team. But still lost some fragments which did not roll over . This only happened in some cases when I placed the image before prestiging the page ( there was no option to

prestige before all images were placed ). Also did not click the green button to recurse the count .

iphone 11, version 13.1.3

list of fragments that I lost :

1. Swooping evil - had 15 frag in bronze , 5 needs to carry over to silver - missing 

2. LoH Harry - had 21 frag in bronze , 11 need to carry over to silver - missing 

3. Dumbledore - had 13 in wood/vanilla , 10 need to carry over to bronze - missing 

4. Harry and Parvati - had 22 in bronze, 12 need to carry over to silver - missing 

5. MoM brains - had 22 in bronze , lost 12 in silver 

6. Unicorn - had 18 in silver , lost 5

In gold

7. Sports Harry - had 6 in bronze , lost 1 in silver 

8. Philosophers stone - had 16 in bronze , lost 6 

9. Timeturner - had 7 in silver , lost 1 

10. Proprietor George Weasley - had 7 in wood/vanilla - lost 2 in bronze

Attaching pics of dumbledore alone, please let me know if you want pics of the rest

• nightliznightliz Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #12808 May, 2020, 09:16 pm.

Reminder for anyone who is displeased: be sure to leave a review in your relevant app store. New players deserve to know how updates and moderation happen with this game.

• ManjaniManjani Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #12908 May, 2020, 09:16 pm.

Latest pic where I have lost dumbledore fragments

• TriniteyTrinitey Posts: 4
    #13008 May, 2020, 11:10 pm.

Message was too little too late for me too. Should have forced everyone to update before it was live in the game.

• UrbanChronotisUrbanChronotis Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #13110 May, 2020, 04:57 pm.
    1. Immediately prior to the release of version 2.13 a change was made to the number of fragments required to complete each Registry page. Where the new required number of fragments was less than those already obtained, the difference should have been rolled over to the next page. This didn't happen and the subsequent warning sent out by "Orange Wizard" was too late. I understand that Niantic intend to correct our fragment counts, but there has been no further communication. (I'm reporting this in case we are each required to, in order to have our fragments corrected)
    2. The new 'green star' count reset feature of the registry pages requires no confirmation. As such, it is now impossible to view the description of a completed fragment without also resetting its count. Surely, it wasn't intended to remove the ability to view a fragment's description? Also, without a reset confirmation, there is great danger of accidentally resetting fragment counts (something which I have already done more than once)
    3. Since 2.13, and for the current Brilliant Event, it is now impossible to place a new image in the Event Registry without also resetting its fragment count. For example, I have just obtained the 3 Quidditch Cup Fortress fragments, but when I placed the image its count reset back to zero. How can I place the other Brilliant Event fragments (Nearly Headless Nick and the Trophy Case) without their counts also resetting to zero?