Say Hi

OwlxOwlx Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 13 July, 2020, 05:06 am.

Did you find someone you know from the forum use this discussion thread to shout at and say hi.

I saw that my 1st year Percival 975 was in with @TwinGypsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got so excited I squeeeed! It confused Percival 975

So In my best Fezzik voice Hi @TwinGypsy

Tagged:

Comments

• TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #224 April, 2020, 03:13 pm.

@Owlx Hiiiiiii! Yeah I totally nerded out for way too many hours last night hahaha. It was so cool & truly thoughtful for the @HPWUTeam to put that out for all of us. I was just talking a few weeks ago about if they would ever have an apparition button to go to fortresses or plant in greenhouses. This feature is beyond AWESOME. I've never been able to play with anyone, & it was freaking incredible to see how the teamwork aspect of the fortresses work. Yay yay yay

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #324 April, 2020, 03:31 pm.

@TwinGypsy we were up WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY past our bedtimes last night.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
    #424 April, 2020, 04:59 pm.

Hahaha omg how amazing! I keep hoping to run into one of you there!!

#524 April, 2020, 05:02 pm.

@hpwulola ME TOO! Please post when you do!!!!!!

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 441 mod
    #624 April, 2020, 05:59 pm.

Got to fight alongside @ClairabusGryff yesterday!

This group was so hyped I barely fought any Foe (there were two more players)! I started spamming my Strategic Spells on all the Foes just to feel useful.. 😅

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #724 April, 2020, 11:56 pm.

It was awesome wasn’t it @HPWUblue !! Just awesome! That was like my 10th fortress!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #825 April, 2020, 11:13 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUblue @Owlx @TwinGypsy @ClairabusGryff I am really looking forward to bumping in to someone I know! Fingers crossed!

(19 words)

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #925 April, 2020, 08:03 pm.

Got to group fortress with @Toytracker and @Dogoutlaw! It was a pain to set up, but once we were in, it was great! Can’t wait for some sort of hosting capabilities!

#1025 April, 2020, 10:20 pm.

@MrSciGuy yay!

I saw a gold badge in an upper chamber late last night but didn't get in in time

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1126 April, 2020, 04:01 am.

Had an awesome fortress with @Dogoutlaw, @Owlx, @Magpie31, and @Bormacska!

#1226 April, 2020, 04:40 am.

Yep! It was awesome!

Hoping there will be Fortress codes soon...please🍒🥧

#1326 April, 2020, 04:42 am.

Also will looking for that group i found @CVRLuna she was hopping out as i hopped in

I waved.

#1426 April, 2020, 04:46 am.

Still looking for the big group i hopped in for gold badge and found @ZookiTabooki i waved but couldn't stay. Very temped though. I didn't get a screenshot

Waves -Hi@ZookiTabooki

#1526 April, 2020, 09:10 am.

So giddy! Was lovely to play together and chat it through on a voice channel.

(15 words)

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26 #1626 April, 2020, 11:41 am.

@Owlx So cool! I literally sprang off my couch nearly giving my wife a heart attack lol. I didn't yet know the meaning of the gold badge relating to my friends list until I found this thread. I quickly snapped a screenshot and then you left, and came back, and left. Staring at my phone I was like 'where you going??' The look on my wife's face said it all. That's it, he's tipped over the edge, he's losing it! I said "look!Owlx!!" and she replied "Who's Alex?" absently checking her heart rate.

"Not Alex, O-W-L-X". Then I looked at her sideways and realized she might be onto something. Filing that in the back of my brain I explained "I been keeping an eye out all day for someone I might know never expecting to see someone from the forum in the same room. Seriously, what are the odds on that!" I said "Quick, go buy a lottery ticket!".

Then I found this thread this morning and was like "Huh?" Took me a minute to realize the friends list was involved. That's a pretty neat trick, bringing friends together like that. Anyhow, was great seeing you. I look forward to finding friends to battle with. Wicked!

#1726 April, 2020, 11:55 am.

@Owlx Incoming. I think my last edit put my reply in moderation.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26 #1826 April, 2020, 12:20 pm.

@MrSciGuy , @Owlx that must have taken a lot of work to get right. It’s great that you all got to play together and have been able to come across players in other instances too! 😃

#1926 April, 2020, 12:30 pm.

@Imaginatio It took soooo long! We tried to get @ClairabusGryff in as well, but we couldn't make it happen.

Best way to do it is to hang out in Ruins 2 - 4 and light them up so your friends can see. If there are five of you, you can block out a chamber for 90 seconds so you don't have to bounce around as often (we were trying to get a group of seven together and were going to split into two teams).

But it is still luck and takes a while. I think it took about 15 mins for me to find @Dogoutlaw, and then we had to wait for others too!

(113 words)

#2026 April, 2020, 01:07 pm.

Hey, @ZookiTabooki, have you considered joining the Discord group? You might be able to find a fortressing group there that you can voice chat with!

(25 words)

#2126 April, 2020, 01:28 pm.

Hi @Magpie31 ! Yes I have, thank you for the suggestion. Maybe I'll consider it again. I've barely been on the forum of late but if I remember correctly, you're in Vietnam, or Thailand or somewhere beautiful like that. I'm curious though, the word count is new... waz up wit dat?

#2226 April, 2020, 01:51 pm.

@ZookiTabooki Do you use your HPWU name on Discord? I was trying to find you in the users bar.

The word count... Short version - Just reminding myself not to create a "wall of text". If it is too long for me to sit and count the words, it is too long.

Long version involves hypocrisy and grudges.

(57 words)

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2326 April, 2020, 03:15 pm.

@Magpie31 Wow. That is long. But so worth it!!! I’m glad you were able to find each other and do a battle together! 😃

• TwinGypsyTwinGypsy Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #2426 April, 2020, 04:24 pm.

@Magpie31 I have the discord app. Not quite sure how to use it? I gave up on it awhile ago b/c I didn't know anyone who used it etc. But my user thingy-merjig is TwinGypsy#0171

if there's any way to play fortresses etc with you or anyone else, school me how to get ahold of you & such on there. I'm technology impaired lol. Not sure who else has it? @Bormacska @Owlx @MrSciGuy @ClairabusGryff @ZookiTabooki @Dogoutlaw

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2527 April, 2020, 12:58 am.

@TwinGypsy I sent you friend request!

I saw @Overflow4487 tonight!!!🎉🎉🎉 I was just about to leave after finishing D5, and what do I see but a little yellow friends icon! I had to jump in to see who it was. So awesome!! Got to do a couple battles before leaving to make dinner. Is the MZ your sister you play with?

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27 #2627 April, 2020, 12:58 am.

Yay!! Ran into @Dogoutlaw in a fortress!! I screamed when I saw your name pop up. I have no idea why that magi would not attack anything (I don’t know who that is), but we managed to complete Dark III and Dark IV anyway. 😁

#2727 April, 2020, 04:28 pm.

@ZookiTabooki love that you got a screen shot!!!

really hoping the incredible developers here can code a battle with friends code...soon...🍒

The gold badge is great. It took the group of the 5 of us soo long to find each other we only got to do a few battles.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2827 April, 2020, 05:46 pm.

@Overflow4487 so fun!! Ah, they followed, so I didn’t know. I gave them benefit of doubt, either lower level and/or paranoid about the death/restart bug. We did fine, all good. I know you’re not here often, but are you on discord? It’s easier to coordinate battles there if you’re interested. Join the discord linked on thread below, and then search my name. Send me friend invite! Would be awesome to keep in touch easier. Hope all is well!

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/5145/game-research

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2904 May, 2020, 12:03 am.

I think I found @NursePoppy in a couple of fortress battles! (Sorry if it wasn't you and is just a crazy coincidence)

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3005 May, 2020, 03:19 am.

I don't know any of these wizards, but that was beautifully choreographed and well played! Thank you all!