Daily Assignments - I often have to view my daily tasks in order to receive credit for them

Comments

• CSLynxCSLynx Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3211 April, 2020, 01:29 pm.

Did not get daily credit for returning six foundables and picking up my first ingredient. I did get credit in the special assignment XP section for returning the same foundables.

• RoseluneRoselune Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3311 April, 2020, 04:48 pm.

The daily assignment are not being counted used 2 or more potions nothing, brewed potions nothing catch foundables nothing

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,709 mod
    #3413 April, 2020, 05:58 pm.

@CSLynx @Roselune thanks for reporting this! We're investigating this issue. You may keep tabs on this discussion for updates (I've merged your post with the related thread).

As a workaround, while we continue to investigate this issue, please restart the app and visit the Daily Assignments page before you begin your gameplay.

• RainQuillRainQuill Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3523 April, 2020, 02:00 pm.

I also have this problem. Every so often I’ll come on the app and do a bunch of the daily tasks only to find out that none of them get logged until I open and view the challenges list. For example, today I have already brewed a potion, used a potion, returned many Foundables, picked up ingredients, and used Tonic for Trace Detection, but I don’t have credit for any of them. I don’t want to waste another Tonic for Trace Detections to get credit for something I’ve already done. This is not the first time this has happened.

• MiromaniacMiromaniac Posts: 0
    #3624 April, 2020, 02:09 pm.

I’m still not showing the bus as an option, this is after force closing my app and restarting several times. Also, almost every day when I start the app and start completing challenges the items a complete or not registering

#3724 April, 2020, 03:33 pm.

Hi @Miromaniac! I've merged your post with a related discussion.

We're investigating an issue where your activities may not register towards the Daily Assignments unless you've viewed it. In the meantime, restart the app and visit the Daily Assignments page before you begin your gameplay.

As for your other concern, I looked into your account and found that you've recently participated (and won) in a Wizarding Challenge using The Knight Bus, kudos!

• kkmac3kkmac3 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3826 April, 2020, 11:46 pm.

I’ve been having this exact issue for the last few days. I went on a mile walk today, caught about 15 foundables (including ones that did register for the Brilliant Challenges), picked you multiple items from the map, collected completed potions and used multiple potions. Not a single thing registered until I opened the list a few minutes ago. Please correct this issue sooner than later as it’s so frustrating for long time players that have their habits set. I certainly don’t open my daily challenge list first as I already know what the list is!

• BornActorBornActor Posts: 0
    edited May 2020 #3906 May, 2020, 05:24 pm.

I have been playing for over an hour this morning, used two Tonic for Trace Detection and one Baruffio's Brain Elixer, and have done multiple Wizards Challenges, and nothing I have done has counted towards the Daily Assignments.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried closing the app and re-opening it, but that didn't work.

EDITED: Of course, the moment I wrote this, it all started to work normally again. Don't know what happened, but it working normally now.

Post edited by BornActor on
  • AdemsiAdemsi Posts: 1
    #4006 May, 2020, 06:16 pm.

Same here. I find if I go into daily tasks first it seems to “wake up” and start counting

#4106 May, 2020, 06:36 pm.

Welcome to the Community @BornActor @Ademsi! We're investigating this issue. Meanwhile, restart the app and view the Daily Assignments before continuing with your gameplay for the tasks to register your progress. Thanks!

(I've merged your post with a related thread for visibility)

• ChhalChhal Posts: 0
    #4208 May, 2020, 06:57 pm.

I returned 6-7 Foundables, but the Daily Assignments section counted only 1. I brewed 1 potion, yet this was not counted as valid. I picked up Snowdrop, and the “Pick up one ingredient” assignment was not considered completed.

#4308 May, 2020, 07:08 pm.

Hello @Chhal, welcome to the Community!

We're investigating this issue. Meanwhile, restart the app and view the Daily Assignments before continuing with your gameplay for the tasks to register your progress. Thanks!

(I've merged your post with a related thread for visibility)

• ElawneyElawney Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4410 May, 2020, 06:31 am.

Just spent a half an hour in fortresses using Baruffio’s as the timer, used at least a dozen+ potions while in wizarding challenges, using one of every color of level 2 rune. Exited fortresses And collected potion ingredients on the map and did more than 10 traces, only my daily challenge registered *absolutely nothing* of the last 45 minutes or more of play. This is the second night in a row of nothing being registered during nighttime play.

• DaDDio11DaDDio11 Posts: 2
    #4510 May, 2020, 06:44 am.

I also have to click on the daily assignment and then everything registers okay.

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    #4617 May, 2020, 12:12 am.

I used a Boileau garage before going into the night bus. However, my daily tasks still show no portion used.

This is super annoying; with potion ingredients so rare, I’m going to need to waste the **** anyways.

This voice to text is horrible. I said waste a potion, not what it said. And how did open“Brado dropped” turn into “Bolio garage”?

“That don’t fly potion”. Geez, I can’t even get that right.

• FayetteSidraFayetteSidra Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4719 May, 2020, 03:49 am.

My daily tasks haven't consistently recorded for a couple of days. I walk 3-4 miles every day, and my daily distance task isn't rewarded, but my portkeys unlock. Similarly, I engage foundables and win, but the XP and foundables aren't recorded in the daily tasks. Lastly, when I pick up portmanteau, they don't count for the pick up 1 daily task.

Playing on Galaxy S9.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 628 ✭✭✭
    #4819 May, 2020, 09:58 am.

It's a known bug. You might want to have a look in the known issues section to find further information.

Tapping the daily tasks button and opening the list first before doing anything else is a workaround.

• SnarkabadgerSnarkabadger Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #4921 May, 2020, 06:20 pm.

It’s probably a $ thing. Its not costing them to ignore it and would cost them in reprograming.

• KontentKittenKontentKitten Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #5022 May, 2020, 07:03 am.

Of the 3-4 Taverns around me, only 1 consistently gives out spell energy. The others, pretty much 95% of the Time read "Connection lost. Check your WiFi or mobile data". I have Updated up, Uninstalled, Reinstalled, and constantly have to reload game for perhaps one of these taverns to give me some spell energy, maybe on the 15th try.

This is a big problem for playing at home, as I cannot leave and walk around to collect spell energy.

I love this game, and have been playing for months, but this is a MAJOR ISSUE happening to many players, and it seems no one is attempting to fix it. It's a daily disappointment.

Secondly, the Daily Tasks have, many times now, not registered what I've been collecting - all of the tasks except how far I've walked. I pick up to 15 ingredients, and until I click on the daily tasks, or reload the game, they just don't register at all.

DEVS - guys, please help with this! In the forums, I've noticed SO many people are experiencing these very same issues! Please, please, please do something about this! It's making daily game-play very frustrating. Thanks.

• ElizaMcClagganElizaMcClaggan Posts: 1
    #5124 May, 2020, 01:24 pm.

This happened to me again today, and it seems to be a bigger issue/more frequent when an event is going on. I completed almost all of my daily tasks (everything except the walking) and none registered to my daily list.

• VenusOlympiaVenusOlympia Posts: 1
    #5224 May, 2020, 03:18 pm.

I am having the same issues with inns! It has been happening for monthsI cannot collect from some inns. I tap the inn as normal and error message comes up saying "Connection lost. Check your WiFi or mobile data" even though I am connected to data and playing fortress ,encounters and greenhouses just fine. I cannot place any dark dectors in these inns. It says "you are no longer in range of this amplifier" even though I am.

I'm also having issues with the Daily Tasks not registering. I have to close the game and restart for it to work.

• KontentKittenKontentKitten Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #5324 May, 2020, 07:13 pm.

Yeah, same here. There's only one inn that feeds me spell energy, and lots of times even if I'm at the location, it doesn't register me actually being there, so it messes with my ability to place dark detectors, too. And its especially unpleasant if you already drink the Baruffio and Tonic and want to place one to see more traces, but can't. This has been happening for months, but Devs don't seem to want to fix it for some reason 😕

• NaimaNaima Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #5426 May, 2020, 07:57 am.

I've picked up 3 different ingredients from the ground today and none of them triggered the 'Pick up 1 ingredient' task completion. Other tasks seem to be getting completed.

Was working yesterday, not made any changes. OnePlus 5T

• ProtoxicationProtoxication Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #5529 May, 2020, 01:46 pm.

I believe that the first issue is generally related to how accurate your GPS is reporting your location. If you have weak GPS signal (which often happens by being indoors), you're probably not going to be able to use inns or greenhouses even if you're in range of them. It throws this exact error message which can be quite misleading and if anything I would suggest that this particular error message could be improved. It's not exactly game breaking, but it's nice to know why you can't interact at times

• VecharaVanVechtVecharaVanVecht Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2020 #5629 May, 2020, 01:59 pm.

I too noticed the daily tasks not updating.

Today, May 29 around 9:45amET I caught 10, saw the notification, went to collect and noticed tasks was at a zero count. While I don't have a snapshot of the "you collected all 10" I do have snapshots showing that it's not giving credit for using a potion yet.....y'all see I'm using one. I also brewed potions this morning.

I'm attaching screenshot showing the version (May I suggest that we be allowed to copy the version number so we can paste it for problem resolution). I'm using a Samsung S10+ in Pennsylvania.

#5729 May, 2020, 03:27 pm.

I also restarted the app (no change): went into settings and did a force stop (no change)

• BluesAngryBluesAngry Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited May 2020 #5829 May, 2020, 03:31 pm.

I have the same issue. If I collect my ready potions before viewing my daily tasks it doesn't count. Because of that I must brew a new potion to complete my daily tasks. However when I click to daily tasks everything starts to count. Also if I use a poiton before I view my tasks, the same issue. It doesn't count. And it can be sometimes hard to remember this temprorary solution or you saw a emergency/severe/high foundable when entering the game and you used a potion like dawdle draught, it doesn't count. The last thing happened to me. ☹️ They don't count.

edited May 2020 #5929 May, 2020, 08:17 pm.

Hi folks, I've merged your previous discussion with the related thread.

Of the 3-4 Taverns around me, only 1 consistently gives out spell energy. The others, pretty much 95% of the Time read "Connection lost. Check your WiFi or mobile data". I have Updated up, Uninstalled, Reinstalled, and constantly have to reload game for perhaps one of these taverns to give me some spell energy, maybe on the 15th try.

Your GPS accuracy could be causing this issue. However, as @Protoxication suggests, this can be improved by setting the GPS accuracy to high in your device settings. Please give it a sh0t.

Secondly, we're aware of an issue where your activities may not count towards the Daily Assignments, and our team is investigating. Meanwhile, visit the Daily Assignments page before you continue with your gameplay as a workaround. Doing so will refresh the daily tasks and start registering your activities from that point onward!

@BluesAngry @VecharaVanVecht @Naima @VenusOlympia @KontentKitten

#6031 May, 2020, 09:48 pm.

Ok thank you

• RendiggityRendiggity Posts: 1
    #6104 June, 2020, 04:30 pm.

Hello,

I've completed some assignments this morning, and nothing is being tracked and can't claim rewards. I've already collected some foundables and completed a wizarding challenge and brewed a potion. Even Wizarding XP isn't being recorded.

Google Pixel 2 XL

OS 10 (QQ2A.200501.001.B3)

HPWU app version 2.13.1.22240555.d224084.a224084