April Event Calendar

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
edited April 27 in Announcements #1 latest comment 26 April, 2020, 02:15 am.

The Burrow appears to be at the center of the latest wave of Calamity activity, causing a flood of Foundables related to the Weasley family home. Fondly remembered as the quaint and cozy backdrop to many loving Weasley family moments, the iconic dwelling has also served as headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix during the Second Wizarding War. As memories from the Burrow, from the Flying Weasley Car to Ron’s Wizard Chess Set, have begun appearing left and right, you’ll need to get ready to roll up your sleeves and help set things right!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Prepare to lend a hand with the following:  

Tuesday, April 7 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, April 14 at 11 a.m. PT: Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event Part 1

• Help return Brilliant Weasley Foundables including Ron Weasley and Fred and George Weasley’s infamous Decoy Detonators.

Saturday, April 18 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time: April Community Day: Play at Home Edition

• Put your Magizoology skills to the test and help return the Murtlap and other Magizoology Foundables.
  • Please Note: This event has been extended to last a full 24 hours to make it easier for players to participate.

Tuesday, April 21 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, April 28 at 11 a.m. PT: Burrow Besieged Brilliant Event Part 2

• Continue to help return Brilliant Weasley Foundables including Ginny Weasley and the Flying Weasley Car.

Tuesday, April 28 at 11 a.m. PT–Thursday, April 30 at 11:00 a.m. PT: Nature and Nifflers Event

• Free Magizoology Foundables from the clutches of a new dastardly Oddity, the Poacher!

Saturday, May 2: March Community Day Make-up Event

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #203 April, 2020, 06:10 pm.

@HPWULOLA and the whole @HPWUTeam just skimmed this post. Looks like fun. I've love to virtually visit the burrow while staying safe at home.

And a home together community day!!!

Thank you

@AuroraKadavra look nature and nifflers that's close to your babies suggestions.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #403 April, 2020, 06:13 pm.

Thanks so much for the update @HPWULOLA! The 24-hour community day sounds awesome! Looking forward to all things Weasley!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #503 April, 2020, 06:25 pm.

Squeeeeee! 🥰

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #703 April, 2020, 06:38 pm.

Weasley what?? So freaking excited! And thank you again team HPWU for every single thing y’all are doing to assist us so we can play from home. So very grateful for the whole team and I hope everyone is OK at Niantic’s headquarters!!

#803 April, 2020, 06:40 pm.

Orangewizard2019 infographic post pending...

#903 April, 2020, 06:45 pm.
    #1103 April, 2020, 06:52 pm.

@xxxlindy 🤣🤣 Glad to meet you and welcome to the forum!

thank so much for that! I'm going to see it that way for both twins very time it see them. Love it

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #1203 April, 2020, 06:53 pm.

An event based entirely around the Weasleys is all I've been wishing for lately. Thanks! Loving the 24 hour Community day change and I'm glad to see I really won't have to wait much longer for a full moon either. Can't wait!

#1303 April, 2020, 06:53 pm.

Free Magizoology Foundables from the clutches of a new dastardly Oddity, the Poacher!

whispers @HPWULOLA are we going to free Zouwu?

• Barky81Barky81 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1403 April, 2020, 06:55 pm.

Any solution to wizarding challenges/fortress access during our mandatory stay at home period?

• WonderingWendyWonderingWendy Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1503 April, 2020, 07:00 pm.

I can’t even complete the daily page how am I supposed to do an event?? It takes 2 tonics just to get 10 Foundables, there is nothing to pick up, and I have zero portkeys. I have zero gifts to give so I am not receiving anything back. There are no energy bolts out here.

#1603 April, 2020, 07:11 pm.

@WonderingWendy Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry for your screen. That is truly painful. Did you have similar experience with the marauder's event?

I used to play mostly before and after work, and not much at home. At home my screen looked a lot like yours. When I started visiting a close neighborhood park where i could find a few traces, traces followed me home. The more i played at home the more spawned. I am also in a suburban area. So I'm not if that makes a difference.

Hopefully by sharing your screen the developers can help.

Be safe and stay well.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    #1703 April, 2020, 07:40 pm.

@WonderingWendy same to me. But i could at least got an early morning walk. Thats the only time to finish it (and scavenge everything i found along the way).

Could we rent couldron for 3 days or a week?

So many potion to burn

edited April 3 #1803 April, 2020, 07:44 pm.

@WonderingWendy & @Kodokmag could you comment here

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/5800/what-does-you-area-look-like-playing-the-game-from-home#latest

new discussion to see what players need and hopefully some creative ideas for solutions . Look for a poll soon

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1903 April, 2020, 07:45 pm.

The events this month sound exciting. Looking forward to them all. It’s great that the community day has been extended as well to last the whole day and it’s Magizoology foundables for that and the mini event! This Magizoologist is very happy 😃

#2004 April, 2020, 01:33 am.

More Pickett pleaseeeeee.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2104 April, 2020, 01:44 am.

@Kodokmag if you look closely you can see Pickett in the community day picture!

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #2204 April, 2020, 10:53 am.

A 24 hour Community Day sounds like a dream! I wasn't always able to partake fully for all 3 hours, rushing to at least get the tasks done, never mind placing an image of whichever foundable was boosted those days. With 24 hours that won't be a problem this time, love it!

Having Pickett and the Murtlap around for the day will be terrific, my Central Park page is still on its basic frame, would love to be able to prestige it finally, fingers crossed!

@WonderingWendy I'm a rural player also but in a hamlet/village of two streets and 1 church, so I can at least get to one point while we're still allowed walks. But in the surrounding fields there are hardly any spawns, maybe 1 or 2 for x minutes of walking/cycling, and while there are slightly more spawns along a road to the next village, that road is too dangerous to stop alongside it for spawns. So while I'm happy for @Kodokmag that they can catch enough on their walks, I know all too well it really depends on where you can take that walk. I can sometimes suffer with a bit of envy of players in cities, or with cars, for having it easier in terms of acces to points of interest and increased spawns, only sometimes though :)

At least I am lucky enough to have some spawns here and get some SE bolts from time to time as well. As mentioned above by @Owlx , it appears to help to have the game open at your location and do whatever you can to perform actions at that address, be it saving portmanteaus to open there or using a tonic to attract spawns. I really think that helped in having more traces appear here. I have no actual proof of that, all evidence is anecdotal only, but maybe if you're not on a full lockdown yet and you can still get somewhere to pick up portmanteus and ingredients for tonics etc, maybe you'll be able to create the same effect at your address.

I personally am hoping to get help from an Ingress of PoGo player to submit portal applications in my area once we're allowed to meet up again, but then you need something to submit, which is harder for rural players than urban ones. Maybe that is something for you to look into as well. I know it won't help you right now, but it might help you in future.

As for the now, I'm hoping the hpwu team are working on something to help us be able to do more from home and your case is an excellent example of why that is so necessary, some of us have nothing nearby or on the way to a grocery store, which makes it hard to play under normal circumstances, let alone in the current situation.

The only practical thing I can do for you is offer to send you gifts when available, which for me is infrequently, but better than nothing? If you let us know your friendcode I'm sure I won't be the only person willing to send you gifts without expecting any in return.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #2304 April, 2020, 04:01 pm.

Thank you very much to the whole HPWU team for making the events home-play compatible. I was very happy when I read the in-game announcement.

@WonderingWendy I live in the city and right next to an inn, which I can visit from my living room. Because of this I have a steady supply of Energy presents. If you do as @FritLyreleaf said and post your friends code I can sent you gifts regularly and without expecting something in return. :)

edited April 5 #2405 April, 2020, 10:44 am.

Any detailed tasks for Brilliant Burrow Besieged part 1?

Or is it just need tons TTD.... 🤔

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 132 ✭✭
    #2505 April, 2020, 01:09 pm.

@Kodokmag you just need more TTD to preparing a marathon of CD just home, this brilliant event too easy for TTD.

#2605 April, 2020, 03:50 pm.

@CBG92 No release yet from the orange wizard, probably Monday pdt...

#2705 April, 2020, 04:57 pm.

Errr.. That should have been @Kodokmag, sorry!

#2805 April, 2020, 07:40 pm.

@Bormacska

Just want to be prepared. 😁

If there's time consuming task like maybe brew 15 baruffio elixir. LoL

• GwaelinGwaelin Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2905 April, 2020, 11:43 pm.

@WonderingWendy I know this won't really solve your problem, but if you friend me, I'll send you spell gifts. 0408 6629 5151

Hang in there, and stay safe!

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    #3006 April, 2020, 03:45 pm.

Thank the makers for the added energies. The March events were doable, even with keeping close to home.

Any chance of a few more lessons, even if not the whole tree? I've got 10,904 scrolls, 253 spell books and 140 restricted section books. I'm an auror and would like to share more focus with my team, and I'd like my professor partner to get stronger so that it doesn't take 3-4 casts to take down a Fluffy

• FritLyreleafFritLyreleaf Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #3113 April, 2020, 12:36 pm.

With the first week of this month's Brilliant Event nearing its end, I have to say I'm so relieved that everything could be done from home. And the new daily tasks are great! I am finally getting all tasks completed every day! Very thankful for it all.

Although it is getting harder at some times to keep invested in the game now there's less opportunity to share your enthusiasm with other players, forums etc just aren't the same as being able to play together, it is getting easier to keep playing thanks to the se bolts etc. I am really looking forward to the Community Day, I think it will give a much needed boost of excitement, that should really help perk things up.

Very happy that soon after the CD the second Brilliant week and the second April event will follow. It immediately gives us something to look forward to after the CD, and, if at all possible depending on circumstances, prepare for. It's good to keep busy with something fun.