Don't

CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 26 March, 2020, 09:58 pm.

This current event asks for you to go out and hit inns and fortresses. Don't unless you're absolutely safe. I'm appalled that the event wasn't altered for current circumstances. I work in a grocery store heavy in the public. Please let this one go. We've already had 2 people in our store alone out of work due to corona. Please let this event go.

Tagged:

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 433 ✭✭✭✭
    #225 March, 2020, 06:31 am.

I am very fortunate that I have an inn in my car park and a fortress at the supermarket near my house which is currently safe and quiet. I am doing these things while wearing a mask and gloves and keeping distance. But for the vast majority of people, this is a very dangerous activity, and definitely should be avoided.

• SurabhiSurabhi Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #325 March, 2020, 06:51 am.

I really wish to let rhe game makers know that they should change this criteria for the event. I haven't even reached that event part because I'm still stuck on the first part couse i haven't been able to collect any energy from the map. THERE IST ANY....

• ALEVALDWINALEVALDWIN Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #425 March, 2020, 07:04 am.

Im so shocked they didnt make changes to this event. I'm gonna have to let it go since I'm on quarantine (as most of the people around the world) but I play all the time so it's annoying, I'm gonna have an empty page :(

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭
    #525 March, 2020, 07:24 am.

In th U.K. we are allowed out once per day for exercise which if timed correctly gives opportunity to complete the Inn and Tower requirements, I appreciate not everyone has this option

However, @Craeft is right, this event should have been either changed or postponed

• 19BettyBoop5519BettyBoop55 Posts: 1
    #725 March, 2020, 12:49 pm.

Je suis à la deuxième quête sur 4 . Bloquée

Pas de pokestop à côté. Comment faire ?.

Niantic nous demande de sortir alors que c est interdit.

C est inacceptable.

Avec une remise à niveau, Niantic pourrait régler ce problème.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 433 ✭✭✭✭
    #825 March, 2020, 02:10 pm.

@19BettyBoop55 Salut! C'est une probleme pour plusiers gens. Fazes (un membre d'equipe officiel de Wizards Unite) a dit sur Discord qu'il a essaye de le changer mais **** developpeurs ont dit non. Tu as raison - WHo et tous **** medecins disent qu'on devrait rester a la maison, meme si on a le droit de sortir. Mais en ce moment, **** developpeurs de Wizards Unite ne sont pas d'accord. Je vais traduire ta poste pour **** autres ici.

For non-French speakers who would like to read this poster's comment:

I'm on the second task of four. Blocked. No inns nearby. What should I do? Niantic is asking us to go out, even though it is banned. This is unacceptable. If they could just get rid of this task, Niantic could easily solve this problem.

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    #926 March, 2020, 01:20 am.

@Surabhi Best advice I can give you is just play from where you are. It seems to take a while, but constant play from the same location will eventually (slowly) increase spawns. Use some trace detection tonics to get some activity going, and with time it will increase. Just very slowly at first.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1026 March, 2020, 03:43 am.

@CeruleanGirl Even 1 item that forces external travel is poor compensation. Here in Michigan, you can get fined for being out and about right now unless you have valid reason. I don't think, "Officer, I'm playing a game" is gonna work.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    #1126 March, 2020, 04:23 pm.

@Craeft Oh, I agree that including the Inn Quest was a poor decision. My point was just that they obviously did try to make accommodations for the current situation, even if they didn’t quite succeed. It’s just a shame that that one unfortunate Quest that they should not have included ruins the event for so many people, when they did such a good job with the rest of them. It’s a little bit confusing actually. Why go to so much trouble to make the event playable from home in all but that one item? I’m a bit baffled.

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    #1226 March, 2020, 06:39 pm.

Best guess of the community is contractual obligations for sponsors; also explains why there is a daily visit inns and fortress task.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 561 admin
    #1326 March, 2020, 07:27 pm.

Hey @Craeft nice to hear from you and thanks for providing this tip!

If you feel blocked by this task, please reach out to in-app for additional information. Tap the chat icon > tap general questions > tap events to chat with us about Circus Calamitous.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1426 March, 2020, 09:45 pm.
  • CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1526 March, 2020, 09:58 pm.

Thanks @hpwulola I'm not overly concerned about finishing it as I am about people putting themselves at risk by heading out to compete it. Safety first.