Games, Gifts and isolated Oh my!

OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 13 May, 2020, 12:32 pm.

First thank you to the game developers for making the game safer and easier to play safe from home. The energy on the ground, more ingredient spawns, shortened brew times and increased spawns for Trace Tonic have indeed have made a huge difference.

Wizards Unite has been a needed stress relief and distraction for players across the globe.

Could we get some help and love on new frustrations players have discovered as isolation and or lock downs continue.

I also invite everyone to comment adding constructive suggestions

(please save complaints or vents for another discussion)

My suggestions, As we go into isolation or lock down getting to Inns, Greenhouses and Fortress is a challenge or illegal.

Changes to be temporary

1. Inns increase the lowest award to 4 or 5 SE

2. Every inn visit awards a guaranteed gift for a friend.

3. Substitute visit 2 inns per day with open X# of energy gifts (only if 2 is done), collect X SE from the ground (could be a number of times or a certain total amount of SE collected)

4. Greenhouse decrease grow times and/or increase yield (again temporary)

5. Greenhouse also award a gift every visit. GH awards only Barruffios, dawdle draft, extimulo or extravagant gifts. Temporarily discontinue basics ingredients gifts.

6. Decrease time for Barruffios. This allows players to maximize points while staying inside and safe.

7. For daily fortess Pokemon GO has a newish battle button feature

Could we have something like this for wizards?

Fortress could be 1 player against standard fotress foes. If it could be coded so we could battle with another wizards would be amazing.

8. Also several players have asked for gifts to spwan in the ground. Adding to that -ground gifts could be a different color i propose they be mystery bundles contain several goodies each-combination of gold, potions, hermit crab shells and powdered dragon claw, and spell energy. No need to have XP No way to tell what they are and we can't delete them. They must be sent.

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam @HPWUblue

Thank you for reading. And huge thanks for listening to our feedback then adjusting and updating the game. I also know understand and agree not all ideas can will or should be added. Just like to brainstorm.

Hope the entire team is safe and well.

Happy Pottering

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #222 March, 2020, 09:53 pm.

Yes yes yes to all of this. I had thought of a few of these ideas but love ❤️ ALL OF THEM!! So thank you for typing them out.

I am so grateful to have HPWU to play while my sick kiddo is sleeping and I pop a TTD and just loose myself in the game for 30 minutes while I am STILL awaiting her Covid test results (yes, it has been 5 days now) so now more then ever I NEED this game. Any of the proposed ideas above would be so greatly appreciated as this is not going to be a two week thing. This is going to be months and perhaps a year. So as I tell my friends and family this is the NEW NORMAL. WE ALL NEED TO EMBRACE IT AND FIND A WAY TO DEAL WITH IT.

Peace, love, and all things Harry Potter!!

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #322 March, 2020, 10:01 pm.

Really great ideas here to help everyone get through this tough time

If changes are made they should only be done until the pandemic is over - however, it will be difficult to remove something once granted

Good call @Owlx

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 #422 March, 2020, 10:03 pm.

Sidenote @Owlx :

7. For daily fortess Pokemon GO has a newish battle button feature

Could we have something like this for wizards?

Fortress could be 1 player against standard fotress foes. If it could be coded so we could battle with another wizards would be amazing.

This is the PoGO-Duelling-Mode (and it was there some time before Coronavirus was a thing). It isn't a replacement for Gyms, it is a "Ranked PVP"-Tournament, and as such not a good substitute for Fortresses.

But aside from that I'm onboard with the other ideas (as long as they're only temporary for the duration of the pandemic).

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #522 March, 2020, 10:08 pm.

@Lucoire glad you found this tread. You great coding knowledge and know much more about POGO

What would you suggest for Fortress is people are in lockdown

We need Complete 1 wizards challenge what would your or suggestions be?

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #622 March, 2020, 10:16 pm.

@Owlx

I don't have a "good" solution for the Fortress-Situation.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/5253/story-inn-greenhouse-invasion-campaign could serve as a substitute (in the sense of "Complete 1 Wizards Challenge or 1 Invasion")... AND it could stay in the game even after the Pandemic. But it requires a lot of programming effort due to its complexity and might not be implemented/released until the end of the pandemic.

But aside from that, no other Idea that I have would serve as a "good" temporary substitute with minimal programming effort. It could temporarily be replaced with "Complete 1 Wizards Challenge OR Defeat 5 Oddities" but that feels wrong / inappropriate.

#722 March, 2020, 10:32 pm.

@Lucoire

I love the idea from your link!

I would also prefer to Fortress but the game need a little tweaking so players locked in can completely daily tasks.

Defeat X oddities could be an or not as fun as a Fortress but still challenging.

#822 March, 2020, 10:41 pm.

This is all about the creativity and ingenuity of our community.

I dont know how implementable or the plausible of this idea is anyway here goes...

Real world areas or communities under isolation or lockdown orders are well documented. The game already tracks our location

So players in lockdown could receive a modified daily task list with all tasks that can be completed from home

Players could register online or thru settings

Game location comfirms local legal isolation requirements and new task list would be available.

Tasks depend on isolation levels

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #923 March, 2020, 12:30 pm.

Brilliant suggestions @Owlx , love all of them! I dont know how easy they would be to implement but would definitely take some frustrations out of the game, whilst helping to keep everyone safe

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #1023 March, 2020, 02:17 pm.

The only other thing i would like to add, would be the dropping of Toadstools on the map to pick up, i know it does happen very very occasionally, but would be great if they became a bit more regular, otherwise people will need to go out to grow them 🤔

• PingParenPingParen Posts: 2
    #1113 May, 2020, 12:32 pm.

Can we use the knight bus for inn and greenhouse too?