Game Update: 2.11.0 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
edited March 19 in Announcements #1 latest comment 01 April, 2020, 03:59 pm.

Hey everyone,

Version 2.11.10 is being rolled out. Here's what you can expect:

New Features/Updates

Photo Mode: 

Players can now use Ministry ID Portrait Filters, Frames, and Stickers to customize their photos captured with Encounter Photo Mode and Registry Photo Mode!  

Edit:

Some players are experiencing a blank loading screen when returning to an Encounter after customizing a photo with Encounter Photo Mode. Our team is aware of this issue and working on a fix. In the meantime, Encounter Photo Mode customization will be turned off. Players can still customize photos with Registry Photo Mode.

General: 

Updated the rewards screen in various parts of the game. Tap the drop-down to see a listing of rewards and bonuses you earned from Encounters, Level Up, Wizarding Challenges, and more!

Added notifications to remind players when a Portkey is unlocked and when a Friend sends a Gift. 

Bug Fixes 

Wizarding Challenges: 

Fixed a visual error where the Level Up rewards screen failed to appear when a player Leveled Up after a Wizarding Challenge.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #219 March, 2020, 01:39 am.

What about the issue with inns and GH giving error message saying “internet connection lost “. This has been going on since February 13?

However thank you kindly for these amazing updates!!!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    #319 March, 2020, 02:58 am.

Brilliant calamitous part 2 will be indoor event?

• AlZFAlZF Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #419 March, 2020, 04:45 am.

Possible Bug? -

Drop-Down does not indicate First-Cast (just lists the XP of 10 under Good/Great/Masterful bonus)

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #519 March, 2020, 06:38 am.

No change to daily task list?

Still visiting inns and fortresses?

• MrsNorrisBurrowMrsNorrisBurrow Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #820 March, 2020, 09:25 am.

I m a big fan of the game and a daily player. I love the animations and all the graphics but this update really let me down. The graphics of rewards are too strict and flat and the magic got lost. I hate to see these rectangle areas and the drop down list. Please bring back the old version of the rewards

• JusninjaJusninja Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1020 March, 2020, 06:24 pm.

@SlyGol I have exactly the same issue, I was able before to do Wizarding challenge from my home (witch was great because I still have to wait almost 1minute before select a stone) now I can't. I'm not able to do Wizarding challenge anymore because I can't wait next to the tower... Please bring back the radius available like before.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    #1120 March, 2020, 07:45 pm.

I'm assuming part 2 is still a go since there's a warning attached. bummer it still includes portkeys:(

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    #1321 March, 2020, 06:43 am.

About the "new summary reward"

Its a bit confusing though. I get the feeling the update is decreasing the reward.

• AnnyKAnnyK Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1421 March, 2020, 07:42 am.

Really love the game, but I am sorry probably the worst update since beginning of the game :(

New reward view is confusing and buggy. Reward summary page looks like it supposed to be fixed at the top of the screen, but instead it is flowing somewhere in the middle... (Ugh.. that really hurts my eyes :D )

And please, OH PLEASE, could someone tell me where to turn off notifications for gifts sent from friends.... Probably for someone this is useful, but not for me. And I was really disappointed when did not find that option in the settings...

• JudyBJudyB Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1522 March, 2020, 08:31 am.

@hpwulola I have the same problem as @AnnyK : please can you give us the option to disable, or at least silence, the notifications whenever someone sends a gift?

At the moment the only option would be for me to silence my phone completely, and that simply is not an option.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #1622 March, 2020, 11:15 am.

Hi HPWU Team,

Thanks for the update. A quick feedback

• The new, animated rewards slows down the gameplay. If it was intentional, you've succeeded. However, I find it annoying.
    • The notifications about the rewards are annoying as well. I would rather see a built in tracking who sent me what, to assist me trying to be a fair trader. (Or just make the gifts random as in PGO and no more optimizer teams, no more extravagant sharks)
    • I'm not sure if it is related to the update, but an old issue came back. The animations started skipping frames again. Imagine the animation holds for a fragment of second, then continues from the position as it should be, so a few frames get lost. This is a problem, because during a trace, even my finger is still on the touchscreen, the movement stops and I miss the cast (and additional potions and time in fortresses) I had this issue around January, then it went away. Notes: I have no other applications running in the background.
    • Because of the changed rewards screen, I started reading through it, and I noticed something. When a foundable's fragments are maxed out (8/8, 20/20 etc) I get +2 fragments (max fragment bonus). But what's the point of this? It is maxed out. It won't raise anyways.

I know inside the game messaging is almost impossible. But I'd like to add at least a status line to my profile. I'd like to let friends know that I don't need essential or extravagant gifts. I try to be fair, so I return the same type gift. Now I have 8-10 incoming essential/extravagant/potent estimulo gifts and I barely find these, even I harvest 20-25 gifts per day. So those friends are "parked" and I don't like this. I know this is not essential to the game. Just a nice to have.

Thanks for your work.

Stay safe.

• FreeeeWillieeeeFreeeeWillieeee Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1723 March, 2020, 06:45 pm.

Max fragment bonus is not actually giving the bonus point.

ex. I just got a quaffle and points should have been 2 for the quaffle and 1 for the max item bonus but the game only added 2 to my tally (went from 92 to 94) .

It isnt really a bonus if you dont actually get it.

• Maxi76Maxi76 Posts: 1
    #1824 March, 2020, 06:28 am.

Hi,

I updated the app yesterday and since then it fails to load. :( I get a black blank screen for a few seconds, then it crashes. IOS 13.3.1

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
    #1924 March, 2020, 11:44 pm.

@AnnyK @Xenomer and @JudyB, Thank you for the feedback regarding gift notifications. Unfortunately, there is currently not a way to turn off this notification at the moment, but we're actively looking into this and planning to make improvements here in a future game update.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #2030 March, 2020, 12:00 pm.

I noticed a small, but nice change. The wizarding challenge level (e.g. Ruins Chamber III) was added (back) to the top of the lobby. After the redesign it was just showing "Wizarding Challenges".

I really appreciate this update.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 71 ✭✭
    #2101 April, 2020, 03:59 pm.

First, thank you for the update and for noticeably changing the tasks in the Brilliant event so people can complete them from home!

I have similar issues as @Xenomer regarding the frame drops. I'm playing on an old phone and I'm used to the occasional freeze, but I have a feeling that it's gotten worse with the new update. It was a real struggle to get the 5 great casts because of the almost constant freezing.

I also find that the new screen you see when gathering ingredients is not necessary and slows down the gameplay. If you do however want to keep it, some extra information would be helpful, e.g. how many of the picked up ingredients we already have in the vault and/or how much free space we still have left. This could be really helpful for "compulsory pickers" like me who can't left a bitterroot and a snowdrop left unpicked only to find out later that they have 50+ of them already.

And one last thing: from time to time the app doesn't load. It just freezes with the loading bar between the words "of you" in the second row of text on the start screen. Sometimes it puts me in a restart loop where I have to choose my account again, other times after waiting for a couple of minutes it shows me a pop up saying that there's problem with the wifi network. And on another occasions it just doesn't load and my screen turns off. I've had these problems since I started playing the game and I've noticed that earlier it would happen if I haven't started it in a while, e.g. for 12 hours overnight.

With the new update it's became a matter of luck to start the game from the first try. Even if I've played it half an hour ago. I've downloaded all assets, I play mostly in a wi-fi network and there are now other apps running in the background. I don't know if you can somehow improve the situation, but I thought you should know. These starting problems were the reason for me to stop playing for a month a couple of months ago. I'm back to regular play now and I'd be very happy if I can do it with less hickups.

My phone is Sony Xperia Z5 compact. Android version 7.1.1.

Thank you very much for your efforts! Stay save and healthy!

P.S. I'm not sure if I should post this here or in an extra thread in "report a bug". If it's not correct here, please move it accordingly.