Wrong language bug

EsbenilloEsbenillo Posts: 1
edited February 25 in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 27 February, 2020, 02:48 am.

SOS reports and notifications about brilliant events appear in the wrong language. My app is set to English, but these notifications appear in my OS language (Danish) instead. Since I read the books and saw the movies in English I often have no idea what the HP specific terms mean in Danish.

All text in the app should be in the app language, even when this is different from the OS language.

App version: 2.10.0.21345913.d214274.a213573

Comments

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 763 mod
    #225 February, 2020, 03:04 pm.

Hi @Esbenillo! This is an intended feature. Newsletter and help center are configured to device language, changing it to English should update them in the app. Also, I've moved this post to the feature requests section, thanks!

• AlbaAlucoAlbaAluco Posts: 1
    #325 February, 2020, 11:41 pm.

My phone has Norwegian as a default language but I've read the HP books in English so I switched the WU language to English the first time I opened the app. So everything is always in English, except the SOS reports/Newsletter which always are in Norwegian. As you can see in the picture the heading for newsletter, SOS report and start/end dates are in English while the rest is in Norwegian. Is it possible to fix that in a way, it is really annoying because I can't understand most of what the report says because the book and game translations are quite imaginative.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #426 February, 2020, 07:49 am.

As @HPWUblue explained here, the newsletter is always configured to device language. So to see it in English instead of Norwegian, you'd have to change your device language to English and restart the game.

• AlbaAlucoAlbaAluco Posts: 1
    #526 February, 2020, 07:57 am.

But why only that part of the game? It makes no sense that someone chooses to play the game in English and then is forced to have parts of it in the device language. Especially when some of the translations are impossible to understand. I have the same problem with Norwegian.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #626 February, 2020, 09:43 am.

If I had to guess, it is because the texts come from a different source. The text on Buttons and labels is hard-coded into the application, whereas the Texts from the Newsletter-Part come from a CMS (content management system), for which probably a much larger set of languages is available.

Russian/Cyrilic for example isn't available in the in-app settings but certainly for the system language of the operating system, same for the arabic languages.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 922 admin
    #727 February, 2020, 02:48 am.

Thanks for bringing @AlbaAluco to this thread @Lucoire ! I merged them for future readers to find. Both the help center and newsletter are a feature that pull language from device settings versus the app settings.