i’ll sho.w you my scrolls if you sho.w me yours ...

1235»

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    #12207 February, 2020, 08:47 pm.

@Acumen you slay me!! You know IHOP has all you can eat pancakes right? It’s almost like free pancakes!!

#12307 February, 2020, 08:49 pm.

And I think the version will be 2.9.7.9.57.579.284.7829. Wait those are map coordinates aren’t they? Or was that my first phone number?

So let’s collectively put our heads together here - virtually of course - when do you think the next big upgrade will happen with new lessons, etc??

#12608 February, 2020, 12:05 am.

@Lucoire yes, once again you are correct. Too narrow minded as there have been so many fantastic ideas I have seen on the forum including your dungeon themed challenge idea. And the ideas you listed above. But there will be a need soon for more lessons as you mentioned some people are only an event or two away from completing the current lesson plan. I am glad that the HPWU team is layering events now as that was a lot of fun this week.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭
    #12708 February, 2020, 01:57 am.

I’m holding out for 6.02214076×10²³ 🤓

(And I agree with you @Lucoire, there’s so much that can be added to this game and improved upon in addition to new lessons).

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭
    #12808 February, 2020, 05:40 am.

Fantastic thread drift, keep it coming at 3 x 10^8 m/sec

I think the volume of events is a build up to a major release, recent upgrades are tinkering with functionality. The UI is creaking with add-ons and needs rethinking from the ground up

What would be the point in releasing a new lesson plan where many of us could complete several lessons immediately with our stock of red / green books? Not to mention scrolls... allowing scroll conversion to books will compound the problem too

So I think an overhaul is (long over) due

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #12912 February, 2020, 07:12 pm.

Secant! Tangent! Cosine! Sine!

Three point one four one five nine!

#13012 February, 2020, 08:30 pm.

That’s a very good point @OriginalCaruso - about releasing new lesson plans and having us be able to finish a lot of these new lessons with all the saved up books we have hoarded. So perhaps we will get new books and scrolls?

I have seen some things improve like finding a rare trace on the road and being able to successfully capture said trace while my kiddo drives. So things seem smoother within the game mechanics.

#13112 February, 2020, 09:15 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - Well something has to change as the game has become stale

Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining, no more than stating the obvious

Adding new foundables works for a while as does gifting - which helped solve the spell energy issue along with greenhouses

But fundamentally, most of us higher level players are repeating the same patterns over and over, there is nothing new

#13212 February, 2020, 09:33 pm.

Amen @OriginalCaruso - I equated it with that old Dunkin Donuts commercial “time to make the donuts”. Although I will say that these recent little mini events have been really nice. Extra WXP for us upper level people who need 300k WXP to progress to next level. I am trying my hardest to get to level 40 quickly. As I know that is a pivotal level where things change for us.

But I do agree with what you are stating. That’s why I had asked about another level after gold for some of the pages we have. Because for me it is like 35 foundables which of course make up like 80-90% of what is on the map at any given point basically are dead to us that have gold prestiged their respective pages. What is there to do with them? I am not a game maker but I don’t understand why there should ever be an ending to any traces. But I do get where some people are coming from that have worked hard to prestige those pages and are proud of that so I get where they are coming from. I guess I am coming to this point of the game with there not being much to do per se. So I hope you are right and that a major update is coming soon. I have 7 lessons left and hardly any achievements to complete that are do-able .

#13312 February, 2020, 09:51 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - Well said

Typically games use a “rule of 3” for upgrades hence we have the base page and 3 upgrades, 3 Exstimulo potion variants etc. These do not need to be fixed forever though and impose artificial but easily removed limits

Max page limit of 65* is arbitrary and illogical, it’s not a typical limit value and hard to see why there is any limit. Same for levels, if 60 is a hard limit I would like to know why and see the limit removed - kinda academic as I’m not close to level 60 yet

Having said all this I’m not so disenchanted as to give up playing, and for what it is worth, still somewhat engaged here despite life being very busy with plenty of other things to do. I think I have some worthwhile input to bring to the game in the hope some will be taken onboard by the developers and in part that is what keeps me going, I’m not interested in receiving credit or anything like that, just want to see a great idea and great game improve

#13412 February, 2020, 10:19 pm.

Bravo @OriginalCaruso!!! Yes, please keep fighting for change and greatness! I am trying to raise my kiddo that our point on this earth is to help other people. Now how does that pertain to this game? Well the majority of us were enchanted by this game because of our singular love of all things HP. So I would much rather hear from anyone that they are still engaged just to make the game better for everyone. You do have a voice and you do have great opinions. Everyone on this forum does. The people that take the time to give feedback to the developers I applaud!! Now it is also nice to have formed some bonds from meeting great people on this forum as well. Now of course we all may not agree with each other but the ideas need to keep coming. So thank you for that.

On a side note, how is your 2020 going so far? You and I both had high hopes for 2020. And are you meeting up with people in the U.K. soon?

edited February 12 #13512 February, 2020, 10:35 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - 2020 is shaping up, I staarted a very well paid contract at probably the most prestigious financial institution in London learning new technology after a period between contracts. I await what could be a very positive life changing decision next Wednesday, am about to start divorce proceedings, move home (workshop, cars and packed study), complete a full property renovation (total rewire, plumbing etc), there’s a few other things happening too... no point in having a dull life!

@AuroraKadavra, @Dewin99 and I are meeting this Sunday afternoon in Birmingham

#13612 February, 2020, 11:57 pm.

Ohh @OriginalCaruso i am so sorry about the divorce. Been there done that. No fun at all. My divorce almost ended me but I had a very young daughter to raise so that gave me a renewed lease on life. Sounds like you have a lot going on which is great for you congrats on the new contract. So happy for you!! And have fun this weekend with AuroraKadavra and Dewin! Sounds like loads of HP fun which is what it is all about.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭
    #13713 February, 2020, 03:30 am.

@OriginalCaruso I am glad to hear that things are looking up, with the new job. I needed that positivity in my life! I found out two weeks ago that my contract will not be extended at the end of this school year so am scrabbling for a new job!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭
    #13813 February, 2020, 03:35 am.

@Magpie31 - so sorry to hear about your contract ending, but i hope an even better door opens for you next! do you want to stay in Thailand, return to UK, or try some place else, for your next job ?

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭
    #13913 February, 2020, 03:39 am.

@kiheikid Thank you. I think that I would ideally stay in Thailand. But moving to the UK or elsewhere is not out of the question. We shall see what happens.

#14113 February, 2020, 05:33 pm.

@Magpie31 - There’s always a way, we just need to find it. Most of my work over the past 15 years had been though personal recommendation or contacts, the power of the network is immense

Good people are hard to find too, it’s an unfortunate fact there are not many good people around. And by good I mean in every sense, not self-serving, generous of spirit and kind hearted. I’m sure you are one of these

Keep on looking and chase every opportunity, you will prosper!

#14213 February, 2020, 06:16 pm.

@Magpie31 this contract in Thailand sounds like a pretty amazing opportunity where you got to live someplace pretty different. So maybe your next contract will take you to another place maybe even cooler then Thailand. Who knows. But I am certain with your talent and skill you will find something amazing.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭
    #14313 February, 2020, 09:49 pm.

@Acumen 😂 I’m dyin over here!

#14413 February, 2020, 10:51 pm.

I second that - whenever I am having a bad day I just come here and see a very hilarious witty retort from @Acumen and my day gets instantly better.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #14614 February, 2020, 01:16 pm.

Aww, that’s very cool, @Magpie31. Clearly you’re appreciated, as you should be. 😊