Greenhouse / Inns: Stop the "waste" visit / loss of information

KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 170 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 13 February, 2020, 11:32 pm.

If you visit an Inn, and your spell energy is full, apparently you will use up your 5 minute visit, be told "You have no room", be offered a chance to spend gold, and ...

Well, there are two problems here.

One, you are not told what you are potentially able to receive.

Two, if you are going to be denied, then why "use up" the visit? Don't count it as a visit -- I did not get any energy, after all, let me cast some spells in a trace, and return for a refill.

But that's problem one. Problem two is that I think this is new. I remember in the past trying to visit an inn while full, and told that I was full and could not eat.

That was a better way to handle it. And if someone is just trying to do the "two visits a day" task, give them the option to waste a feeding for that task.

But then there's greenhouses.

If you visit a greenhouse, you see your energy supply, so you know if you are not going to get spell energy. But you don't see your ingredient total, so all you get is "Not enough room!".

With no indication of what you might get.

With no chance to throw out stuff you don't want / review recipes.

Request:

#1. Deny greenhouse, and say "you are full of ingredients". Give people a chance to trim stuff first.

#2. Permit overflow, tell someone "You could get X", and then give them a chance to throw out unwanted ingredients or brew a potion to bring their quantity down to receive the new stuff, or spend gold for more space.

But the current system of "Your only choice is to spend gold or waste a visit, and we won't tell you what you might win, or give you any opportunity to do anything" stinks.

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    #411 February, 2020, 09:38 pm.

Some of my drive bys are simply for gifting purposes, not energy or ingredients, and that's usually because I like the postcard.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #512 February, 2020, 02:44 am.

You as the player have the ability to see your energy upper left side before you accio in the inns. When your energy is full it is red. If you don't want to waste the spin check your energy and don't go in the inn when it's full.

Checking your ingredients vault levels before enter greenhouses allows you to drop ingredients for a chance to get what you want or need.

I also visits inns and greenhouses when full to collect gifts.

We all had smaller energy caches and ingredients vaults when we 1st stared playing.

It can be frustrating. Be patient save in game galleons to invest in larger vaults. Or spend a little lunch money to up then sooner. Neither is better, right or wrong just how you choose to play

Consider if the game gave us everything we wanted and we got everything 1st **** there would be no challenge no mystery to chance. And we would despise the game.

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #612 February, 2020, 05:10 am.

Consider if the game gave us everything we wanted and we got everything 1st **** there would be no challenge no mystery to chance. And we would despise the game.

But that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not asking for everything with no challenge. I'm asking to not have a wasted trip if I can't make use of something.

Consider this: Lets say you killed 4 out of 5 enemies in a wizarding challenge, and then lost your connection. Would you be OK with getting the XP and rewards for the 4 you killed, but not the final reward for the completion?

I also visits inns and greenhouses when full to collect gifts.

I was not aware of this. But at the same time, you can't spin a pokemon go disk when your items are full in order to get the daily visit streak, you have to throw items away first.

Why not require spending some energy to pick up those gifts?

Since we can throw greenhouse items out in order to pick up new stuff, which seems to be what you are saying to do, why not also throw out excess energy to get energy and gift chances?

I do not like the current system.

I am asking for it to be changed.

This is the feedback / feature requests section of the forum.

Your response seems to basically be "This is how it is, deal with it". That's not the point of a forum section for discussing feedback and gameplay changes.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭
    #712 February, 2020, 11:28 am.

@Keybounce just curious, why would you

“throw out excess energy to get energy”?

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #812 February, 2020, 12:19 pm.

Your response seems to basically be "This is how it is, deal with it".

Well, what's the difference between

• "This is how it is, deal with it"
    • "This is how it works and we like it that way"
    • "This is what's commonly misunderstood"

to you?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #1012 February, 2020, 04:31 pm.

I'm on Team Don't Change It. Since there are currently ways to check both your energy and your ingredients before visiting an Inn or a Greenhouse, there is no need to change anything. If for some reason you couldn't check, then I could see the need for some adjustment, but you can. Just check first, if you want to be sure the visit isn't wasted. I do it all the time. If my energy is full and I want to visit an Inn, I look around for traces to engage first. If I want to visit a greenhouse, I check my ingredients to see if I need to throw something out. I even check my gifts first and if I am full, I check to see if there are less desirable ones, like lowest level Ingredient gifts, or even lowest level Spell Energy gifts with boring postcards, that I can throw out to make room for possibly better ones.

As for whether it was always like this, I remember getting a message early on a few times that an Inn was restocking. I am not sure what it meant, but I got it when my energy was not full, so I don't think it had anything to do with that. It seemed to be to be more related to whether I had a good connection than anything else. Is that what you are remembering, @Keybounce ?

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1212 February, 2020, 05:09 pm.

This is exactly why I’d rather work with hardware, @Lucoire. Software is sooooo sensitive.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    #1312 February, 2020, 06:31 pm.

Y’all are making me laugh. Thank you for that!!!

#1412 February, 2020, 07:13 pm.

@ClairabusGryff so restocking usually happens when the actual poi (store, restaurant attached to mural, movie theater, bank, etc) is closed. I don't know if they changed this, but it appears it may still be in play.

#1512 February, 2020, 07:14 pm.

@Lucoire and @Acumen you two are on point today! 😂🤣😂

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #1612 February, 2020, 07:16 pm.

Why toss out energy to get energy?

Why toss out ingredients to get ingredients.

Why toss out seeds to get seeds.

We do both right now.

If I'm at 75/75, or 76/75, and I can knock myself down to 74/75, and get 4-6 energy? That's a win.

That's my normal "leave the park and go home" move.

That way, I have some energy to take out traces from my desk at home while listening to TV or reading forums/discord :-).

(Rest addressed tonight.)

#1712 February, 2020, 07:20 pm.

Why toss out ingredients to get ingredients.

Why toss out seeds to get seeds.

Recycle ONE TYPE of Ingredient to get a DIFFERENT TYPE of ingredient. Same with Seeds. But there is only 1 type of energy.

#1813 February, 2020, 02:35 am.

@Keybounce I'm Trying to understand what you think isn't working inns (deal with GH later)

Excuse me if i go over things you know. I just seems to me as far as the Inns go the game already provides the information and options you are asking for

Paraphrasing You don't want to waste visits to POIs

1. The game doesn't tell players their energy is full.

The game does show players energy in the upper left corner 25/75 = current energy/energy capacity. If energy is at or over capacity it is in red. This can be seen on the map before entering the inn and also shows in same place after player is in the inn.

If player is in the red and doesn't waste the visit press the X in the circle leaving the inn without eating.

2. player don't know what they are to be awarded

In the Inns the players are shown 5 possible plates with different SE awards. If the player Accios the inn POI will show the SE plate to be awarded--Yes GH are different and don't show the ingredient award. Different discussion

I have a collage of screenshots to illustrate. I will add that next as screenshots have been going to moderation

3. The you're full pop up.

I have not seen that. I have seen the inn is closed for restocking or different plates of food than usually offered both these happen to me when the wifi signal is weak and there are network connectivity issues

The full pop up could be helpful but I still want the option to Accio for the chance to get an SE gift.

4. How to complete Daily task for inns your energy is full

From my previous experience and observations if you Accio at an inn and have full energy players do get daily task credit and can collect the award. I frequently do. I however do not have screenshots of that but you can test that for yourself.

I will post screenshot next...expecting it to go into moderation or approval @hpwulola because to the text I added

whispers ...fingers crossed for no moderation needed

#1913 February, 2020, 02:37 am.

....so wait for it....

moderation

#2013 February, 2020, 02:13 pm.
  • MightybeagleMightybeagle Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #2113 February, 2020, 04:54 pm.

just going to raise my hand and say that I get satisfaction when I can burn off or unload excess spell energy. Reasons:

1. I want to top off as much as possible from otherwise-restricted sources of energy (e.g., player gifts, points of interests). It is nice to know that I beat the system with 15 energy above my capacity when leaving proximity of the supply points for the day but still want to return foundables in the dark hours.
    2. I know more energy is coming soon so why not dump some into a greenhouse or two? Recently the free event gift granted 100 spell energy, so I stopped by my favorite pair of adjacent greenhouses and maxed out the yield on leaping toadstools.
    3. I was sure that there was a third reason . . . It is unfortunate to build up a logjam of spell energy gifts (for me and the sender) because my meter is too full and there is no way to trim it down immediately, so maybe that can be #3.
    #2213 February, 2020, 07:52 pm.

Complimentary gifts for brilliant Events. Just saying.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13 #2313 February, 2020, 11:32 pm.

LoL, @Lucoire.

Extravagant spell energy gift, daily assignment reward, and complimentary gift from Brilliant event. Kapow! 😁