PLATINUM Level Prestige Request

ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 10 February, 2020, 04:47 pm.

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a platinum level prestige to the family foundables pages? Some of the people that have played since day one the game came out have prestiged several pages to gold and basically those pages are now kind of dead to us as there is nothing left to do with these pages or foundables.

And many people have maxed out the family level at 65 which I don’t understand why the family pages have a max out level at all. So could the family levels continue to go up? The fist family I maxed out was the oddity page and during the dragon event I easily upgraded it another 20 times and would love to just keep leveling up the pages - more along the lines of just keeping track of where I am with my family pages.

Are these two requests possible @HPWULola ?

Comments

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #209 February, 2020, 05:52 am.

I also wondered about maybe a ruby or diamond level prestige?

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9 #309 February, 2020, 12:06 pm.

Hm. From what I understand, the Prestige-Stage of a Page changes:

• How many Foundables need to be returned to "place" the Image
    • How many Family-XP is gained for a returned foundable

Since the Family-XP needed for an increase in Family-Level is increasing (up to Level 65*), an added Prestige-Stage would also require an increased maximum family level - simply to maintain the speed/frequency at which you get runestones from leveling up a registry-family.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 75 ✭✭
    #409 February, 2020, 01:24 pm.

Seems a platinum prestige, looks like rank family will be expand to 100 and family xp will be hard now. I hope more fun again in HPWU and exploration too.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭
    #609 February, 2020, 04:17 pm.

Good lord @Acumen! I’ve reached gold frames on several, but I don’t have any of them completed. Things like flock of interdepartmental memos, self-playing harps, and Dumbledore’s Army dueling dummy keep holding me back.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭
    #709 February, 2020, 04:20 pm.

Awesome work @Acumen A full set of nifflers and boggart cabinets! Kudos.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #809 February, 2020, 04:29 pm.

Just too much time on my hands, y’all. 😄

• FMajdoszFMajdosz Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #909 February, 2020, 05:37 pm.

@Acumen, I’m in virtually the same spot, only now I’ve also mastered out my profession (professor). Has there been any word on a timeline for releasing additional lessons or SOS Tasks or pages? Well done on these and formatting the image so well!

#1009 February, 2020, 05:48 pm.

Thanks, @FMajdosz. I’m picky about presentation, lol. There hasn’t been any official word yet. Many of us are in the same boat together. I’m a professor who’s done with red books, and should have enough green books to finish the lesson plan by the end of the month. It seems like a reasonable guess that the 3.0 update will include an expanded lesson plan, more SOS assignments, and more fortress chambers. Not sure when that’ll roll out though. Definitely eventually, maybe. 😁 😉

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #1109 February, 2020, 08:18 pm.

My family prestige mostly still bronze some are silver, there are some foundables still not seen.

And some are stuck because not seen again.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    #1209 February, 2020, 10:39 pm.

Wow @Acumen - you are a rock star for sure!! So you wouldn’t be for another prestige page after gold? Which looking at the other side of the coin I can understand why. You worked u we hard to get all of those pages finished.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1309 February, 2020, 10:45 pm.

@ClairabusGryff

Your first request "should" be easy if done without the second one. But - as I explained in my first Response - it would be a bad idea to separate the two as it would disrupt the balance between returned foundables and gained Runestones.

One thing to keep in mind though:

• The system is built in a way that it is always better to "Prestige" as soon as available
    • If new Prestige-Levels were added, "old" players would be at a disadvantage as they "had to" stay at Gold-Level without being able to take advantage of the higher XP-Gain of the higher Prestige-Levels

Your second request is far more difficult as it would have to retroactively change the runestone-inventory of every player who has reached Family-Level 65*

Let me explain why:

• Each Family-Level requires more XP than the previous one - except for 65*
    • If more Levels were added, then the new ones should also follow the same rule: more XP with higher Level-Number
    • If the total Family XP was taken after new Levels were added and converted into the "actual" Family level, then almost all 65*-players would end up at a lower number of Level-Ups (and therefore lower number Level-Up related Runestone-Rewards) than right now.
    • That in turn would require "returning" those Runestones to equalize the whole system and make sure that "old" players didn't have an unfair advantage compared to "new" players

So, to conclude: In theory it is doable. Practically it is a balancing nightmare because it requires retroactive changes.

#1409 February, 2020, 10:54 pm.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much where I stand with it, @ClairabusGryff. It was satisfying to complete those pages, so adding additional prestige levels would sort of negate that. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it happened though. After all, it's just a game. 😊

#1509 February, 2020, 11:01 pm.

Thank you @Lucoire as you always have a way of thinking through things and explaining the nuts and bolts behind the scenes. A sincere thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I wanted to hear other people’s opinions too as I didn’t think about prior accomplishing so much and not wanting another level to work towards so I get that perspective now too. I just hate the thought that some of those foundables are always around and there isn’t much to do with them anymore u less of course I have a Baruffios going.

i want to thank everyone for their opinions. Y’all are all amazing!!😘😘😘

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #1609 February, 2020, 11:08 pm.

It seems like that could be endless with someone always saying “Just one more.”

#1709 February, 2020, 11:43 pm.

I've had a few nights at the pub like that, @CeruleanGirl. 🍺

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #1810 February, 2020, 07:38 am.

@Acumen 🤣

#1910 February, 2020, 04:47 pm.

Yes @Acumen ! Just one more 🍺 please?? Have a great Pottering week!!