Dragon Eggs and Peculiar Portkey Portmanteaus

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 874 admin
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 19 July, 2020, 08:04 am.

Hey everyone! We hope you have been enjoying collecting Dragon Eggs and opening up Peculiar Portkey Portmanteaus during the Book Night event. We wanted to give you a quick refresher on how these two items work.

During Book Night, you will only see Peculiar Portmanteaus and Dragon Eggs that accompany the two Dragons currently roaming your region: 

• For players in Oceania, Asia, the Middle East, and India, this includes the Chinese Fireball and Antipodean Opaleye Dragons. 
  • For players in Europe, Africa, the Americas, and Greenland, this includes the Peruvian Vipertooth and Common Welsh Green Dragons.

Dragon Eggs picked up from the Map are Fragments that will be added to your Oddity Registry pages. You can find the Chinese Fireball Egg and the Antipodean Opaleye Egg on Oddities III, and you can find the Common Welsh Green Dragon Egg and the Peruvian Vipertooth Egg on Oddities IV. Dragon Eggs are rare, so keep an eye out for them!

Different colored Peculiar Portmanteaus each reveal a different Dragon Egg Fragment. These Portmanteaus only require 1km walking distance to open. This will help you quickly 'Unlock 5 Portmanteaus' for the Darkest of Times event task that is also going on this week.

Best of luck with the event! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tagged:

Comments

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #206 February, 2020, 08:29 pm.

@HPWULola Thanks for this! There have been reports of people seeing eggs/portmanteaus for the species' on the other page from their region. I hadn't seen it yet myself, but I was curious if we'd see all four.

• Casseopia1313Casseopia1313 Posts: 1
    #307 February, 2020, 02:08 am.

I obtained 3 portmaneaus but Brilliant Events II did not recognize and I'm still at 0. Is there anything I can do?

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #407 February, 2020, 04:11 am.

Have you walked to open them yet? Only picking them up won't count.

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #511 February, 2020, 02:12 am.

The good news: Walking them off after the event is over still completes that registry page.

But, that page is now blank. Darn it. Nice new border color though :-).

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 79 ✭✭
    #613 June, 2020, 02:53 am.

aaah, missed this event and hence :(

• BarryTrotter74BarryTrotter74 Posts: 1
    #719 July, 2020, 08:04 am.

Will there be another event coming up and repeated?