Celebrate Harry Potter Book Night and the Triwizard Tournament

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 947 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 08 February, 2020, 01:11 am.

The annual Harry Potter Book Night is around the corner and the theme for this year is the Triwizard Tournament! While you’re celebrating your love of reading, take some time out to complete special in-game tasks and return Foundables based on the classic magical contest.

From February 5 at 11 a.m. local time to February 7 at 11 a.m. local time you can encounter the following:

• Increased sightings of Dragon Oddities on the Map
    • Peruvian Vipertooth and Welsh Green Dragons will appear in Europe, Africa, the Americas and Greenland
    • Chinese Fireball and Antipodean Opaleye Dragons will appear in Oceania, Asia, the Middle East and India
  • Dragon Eggs and Dragon Egg Portmanteaus will also appear on the Map
  • Increased sightings of the Goblet of Fire Foundable
  • A Special Assignment with Magical Games and Sports Runestones, Triwizard Cup Fragments, Wizard XP, Spell Books, and Keys as rewards
  • When using Magical Games and Sports Runestones in Wizarding Challenges, you’re more likely to receive Triwizard Cup Fragments in additional to the normal rewards

Enjoy!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 5 #2-

I'm pretty sure the eggs on the oddities page as attached come from the blue and green portmanteaus... there is a dragon egg foundable, but in another family @ClairabusGryff I will confirm once I'm sure. Wishing you better dragon luck!!

🐉🐉🐉

Post edited by Punkyfins on
  • hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 947 admin
    #331 January, 2020, 07:56 pm.

PS: We will have a February event calendar to share next week!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #431 January, 2020, 08:26 pm.

@HPWULola 👀 😯 Nice! I’m looking forward to it, especially to get the dragon egg portmanteaus again.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #531 January, 2020, 08:32 pm.

@HPWULola Many thanks! Looking forward to it all.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #631 January, 2020, 09:08 pm.

Pumped for more dragon eggs!!!

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    #731 January, 2020, 09:09 pm.

@HPWULola I wish all four dragons but thank you, absolutely great event :-D

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #801 February, 2020, 08:59 am.

DRAGONS!!!!!!! Just........woohoo!!!!!

Sums it up nicely I think!

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #901 February, 2020, 12:33 pm.

Looking forward to the calender! It's so nice to be able to see how to fit WU between the family stuff.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1001 February, 2020, 03:34 pm.

Dragons did I read that correctly? 🐉 🐉

I AM SO EXCITED about this event which will be on top of the Brilliant Event. I will have to put my multi tasking skills to the test.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1101 February, 2020, 04:01 pm.

@Keybounce this is probably a better place to ask your question about summoning dragons during the event.

• DmcpoodleDmcpoodle Posts: 3
    #1203 February, 2020, 07:18 pm.

Hope we find out about live events

• KeybounceKeybounce Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    #1304 February, 2020, 07:17 am.

@Dogoutlaw

@Keybounce this is probably a better place to ask your question about summoning dragons during the event.

You're probably right. Now, why didn't I get any notification that you had tagged me?

---

Can we get "Cross-domain dragons" by using any sort of detectors/potions/anything during this event? It will be really "sad" if we can never get the dragons that come from another continent.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1404 February, 2020, 03:23 pm.

DRAGON!!!! Just now 😀

Oh- and placed philosopher's stone ...but never mind that- ....DRAGONS!!!!

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4 #1504 February, 2020, 05:31 pm.

This. Is. Awesome! 🤩

Especially: "Peruvian Vipertooth and Welsh Green Dragons will appear in Europe, Africa, the Americas and Greenland" a new one! 💜

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1604 February, 2020, 09:09 pm.

@Keybounce depending on your UI and browser, notifications can generally be found at top right near your profile image. On mobile, I have to tap the image and a drop down shows the notifications icon (bell). On desktop, the notification icon is there. If you have any notifications, there will be a number in red. You can also go to your profile page and there should be a link there for notifications.

#1705 February, 2020, 11:22 am.

@HPWULola In a hour, I haven't seen one yet. 🙄 Where are dragons?

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1805 February, 2020, 02:31 pm.

They are definitely out there! Just seen loads on my evening walk, but this was in an oddity rich area.

#1905 February, 2020, 02:56 pm.

@HPWULola @Magpie31 I can confirm: everything is strangely scarce. It's currently 4pm and I haven't seen a single dragon (!!!) or a dragon eggs portkey.

I think it's not a great event this way and I'm very disappointed for all.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2005 February, 2020, 03:25 pm.

Are you in an area where there are usually lots of oddities? Or is it a landmarked area? I didn't see any dragons or eggs at my house and had to walk over to the university, which is my usual werewolf / vampire hunting ground.

Someone mentioned certain countries struggling as well. Where are you if it is 4pm? Somewhere in Europe? It would be useful for @HPWULola and the team to know if this is a geographical issue.

#2105 February, 2020, 03:26 pm.

@Hoyot where do you live and what time zone are you in? I am in Texas and the event starts in about an hour and a half so the dragons haven’t started appearing yet.

#2205 February, 2020, 04:47 pm.

@Magpie31 @ClairabusGryff I'm in Italy (Rome) and this event reserved a negative surprise (so far). yes, i'm in area where there are usually many oddities...

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #2305 February, 2020, 04:56 pm.

I'm very grateful to the Devs for pairing this event with the brilliant event so that we can use the 1km portmanteaus for the bonus quest where we have to unlock 10 of them!

#2405 February, 2020, 05:09 pm.

@Hoyot i am so sorry to hear the dragons aren’t coming out for you. I spent two weeks in Rome a few years ago and fell in love with Italy. My favorite country I have visited.

#2505 February, 2020, 05:12 pm.

@ClairabusGryff Thank you, glad to hear this :-) Hope @HPWULola and devs can fix this...

#2605 February, 2020, 05:27 pm.

@Acumen are you seeing any dragons yet? I haven’t seen a single dragon, egg, or portmanteau. I have seen the goblet of fire and got my free package but 25 minutes into it and no dragons. I don’t have my gold key being used as I was saving it for a dragon Portkey. I am worried. 😣

#2705 February, 2020, 05:31 pm.

There are dragons and portkeys in my area (The Netherlands) but not in huge numbers. And I agree, portkeys are few and far between. Maybe it's related to time of day? That they only come out during daytime and by 16:00 it's already dusk?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5 #2805 February, 2020, 05:33 pm.

On my lunch break I was able to check my phone and saw one of each dragon, but no portmanteaux or eggs. I figure that after work I can fill in my Welsh greens so I can prestige the page. Hopefully by then I'll start seeing the eggs so I can work on the bronze page.

#2905 February, 2020, 05:34 pm.

Thank you @Punkyfins ! When the event started in your area did you immediately see dragons??

edited February 5 #3005 February, 2020, 05:37 pm.

When I started walking, yes, @ClairabusGryff a couple of greens. During the day a handful of the Peruvians too. Spawn rates are not huge though.

P.s. nothing after dark btw. No dragons and no portkeys...

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3105 February, 2020, 05:41 pm.

Haven’t spotted any dragons yet, @ClairabusGryff. Just a peculiar portmanteau. I’ll head out for lunch shortly, so we’ll see. My only concern is I usually only spot our native Peruvian Vipertooth on clear, sunny days. Today is cold and overcast.

Cancel that. I just walked outside and it seems to have cleared up. Hopefully that’ll improve my luck.