spoiler - 18 jan 2020 community day guide & discussion

kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 18 January, 2020, 12:59 am.

y’all know the drill ...

Tagged:

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14 #314 January, 2020, 09:30 am.

(edit: tried posting following with screenshots but it wound up in approval-bot-heck, so i am posting following first without screenshots and will post screenshots in a separate reply post in this thread. this approval bot is getting ridiculous)

tip: if you already have placed the image of the knight bus (like i have — see screenshot below), then do NOT hit “collect” prematurely upon completing the special assignment tasks.

instead, try to first place the images of any and all other foundables on the Hogwarts Gate page of the WWW registry tab and then prestige that page. after prestiging that page, then hit “collect” on the completed special tasks so the Knight Bus fragment rewards are not wasted.

(you should obviously still work on doing and completing the special assignment tasks, but just don’t hit “collect” too soon)

and if you are not able to prestige your Hogwarts Gate page during the 3 hours of CD, then do hit “collect” before the end of the 3 hours of CD so you can at least get the overall rewards!

#414 January, 2020, 09:36 am.

post with just the screenshots is in approval-bot-heck but at least the text of my discussion got posted straight away

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #514 January, 2020, 06:01 pm.

Everyone - where are you finding in fortress battles the Knight Bus? I am having awful luck again with this one.

Also I swore I saw on the forum the list of tasks for CD but am not seeing it anywhere? Can someone point me in that direction so I can properly plan please??

#614 January, 2020, 06:06 pm.

screenshots referenced above:

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #714 January, 2020, 07:26 pm.
  • BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #814 January, 2020, 08:00 pm.

Let's see if this posts...

#914 January, 2020, 08:10 pm.

Ya'll are awesome...thank you so much for always posting this information for the forum peeps!

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 64 ✭✭
    #1014 January, 2020, 08:24 pm.

Yay. I so love that I can come on forum and find more info for what will need to be done for these events.

Thanks for posting this info. I dont have car this weekend and was hoping the tasks would be just returning foundables that will be appearing more to begin with as I can do that sitting at home.

edited January 14 #1114 January, 2020, 10:05 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - same link as before:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18iEvxZdFMUjYQzHeDHDWyZ0OWFEQ6d7hfB1ly08Cxjc/htmlview?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf#

go to family foundables tab of spreadsheet and compare which chambers show higher returns of fragments for knight bus compared to other WWW fortress foundables.

screenshots in next post in case they get held up in approval bot heck ... looks like Ruins-5 and Tower-3 and Forest-2 have somewhat better return rates for Knight Bus ... good luck !!

edit: sorry, meant Tower-4 and Tower-5, not Tower-3, for Knight Bus

Post edited by kiheikid on
    #1214 January, 2020, 10:06 pm.
    #1314 January, 2020, 10:43 pm.

Yeah, I tried that spreadsheet as I have it printed up in my planner and I haven't had any luck. But thank you @kiheikid

#1414 January, 2020, 10:47 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - sure thing. btw, added correction via edit above ^

i think the spreadsheet, impressive as it is, still is based on too small a sample size to rely on unless we have lots of runestones to use

#1515 January, 2020, 12:02 am.

Unfortunately I tend to agree with you @kiheikid as I don’t think anything that I have tried from the spreadsheet has ever worked for me. But that’s ok - I will just keep trying.

#1615 January, 2020, 03:11 am.

busy day but managed to sneak out for 45 mins to grrrind WWW foundables at fortress. first used up eight level 3 runestones in a row, then finished with one level 4 runestones. results below:

Tower-3

1. nada
    2. knight’s bus (but image already placed)

Ruins-5

1. P9.75 sign
    2. P9.75 sign
    3. P9.75 sign
    4. P9.75 sign
    5. nada
    6. Hogwarts Express
    7. Hogwarts Express

now at 12/15 for P9.75 sign

and 10/15 for Hogwarts Express

have twelve more WWW runestones of various levels (other than lvl 3), so will keep trying this week to place these two images and prestige for CD

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1715 January, 2020, 03:29 am.

@ClairabusGryff i got the Knight bus in:

Chamber 1, L1 rune!

Chamber 2, L1 rune

Chamber 6, L2 and L4 rune

Chamber 7, L2 & L3 runes

Chamber 9, L4 rune

I need to update my data from screenshots on phone but that gives a quick idea that it can be rewarded as low as ruins 1- where ive put chamber i just mean from level 1 up to 20, not by their names if u know what I mean.

Hope that can help 😊

• HKR84HKR84 Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #1815 January, 2020, 09:05 am.

This is what I’ll be working on for the next few days hoping to prestige both pages at least one during the event ... I know I shouldn’t complain but would have been nice to some Portkeys with the fortress foundables or even a higher return rate of fortress only foundables for the duration of the event at least...

#1915 January, 2020, 05:49 pm.

Way to go @kiheikid and thank you @AuroraKadavra ! I was able to prestige the King's Cross Station page last week so I have depleted my WWW runestones. But I will take your advice into consideration for sure AK. I did get one fragment this morning in Forest I AKA chamber 11. 😁

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2015 January, 2020, 11:04 pm.

@kiheikid I’m most likely just missing something obvious here but I don’t get what you mean with the whole “don’t hit collect too early” thing. Sorry, can you please clarify?

edited January 15 #2115 January, 2020, 11:13 pm.

@MrSciGuy - sure thing. there is a difference between doing the actions that complete the task, which qualifies you for the reward, and hitting the “collect” button to get the reward. because i am already filled up on knight bus at 15/15, but have not yet prestiged the page because i still need to collect enough fragments of whomping willow and weasley flying car to place their images too (and prestiging the page re-sets the fragment count to zero), i do not want to collect one or more knight bus fragments as rewards early (ie, before prestige and re-set) because they will be just wasted if collected while still at 15/15. wait until prestige (during CD), however, and then those 6 total knight bus fragments will count again!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2215 January, 2020, 11:15 pm.

@kiheikid Ooooooh ok now I gotcha! Sorry, with the stupid stretching and distorting of images on here anymore, I couldn’t see that the rewards for the tasks were knight bus fragments. Now I get exactly what you mean. Thanks!

#2315 January, 2020, 11:33 pm.

spent five WWW runestones (four level 2 and one level 4, in that order) in Ruins-4 today and got: nada; knight bus (but already placed); P9.75; P9.75; and P9.75 — so now filled up on P9.75 at 15/15 but still stuck at 10/15 for Hogwarts Express Engine.

tougher now to try to collect and place Hogwarts Express Engine with remaining 7 WWW runestones because now greater chances of getting nothing at all or frags of knights bus and P9.75

shoots

#2418 January, 2020, 12:51 am.

in case anyone is interested in a preview, here is a livestream from anthony constant aka @Valki doing CD in melbourne, australia (thanks, mate ! 🍻 )

https://youtu.be/yDo_lQOsjdc

he’s got a group, hanging out at a WWW flagged area/ nest, and lighting up multiple inns with dark detectors (while also popping a tonic for trace detection). he got 3 whomping willows (among other stuff) in the first 8 minutes alone!

good hunting, @Valki ! 🤙🏼

#2518 January, 2020, 12:59 am.

ps: i spent six WWW level4 runestones yesterday (in Ruins-5 and Tower-2) but alas i got only one Hogwarts Express Engine (HEE) fragment (otherwise got rooked or got fragments of P9.75 sign or Knight Bus i don’t need yet unless/until i can prestige and re-set). so i am stuck at 11/15 for HEE and, with only two WWW fragments left, it’s not looking good for me in being able to prestige the third page, ie., King’s Cross Station, in WWW registry before CD is over. i’ll just have to focus most of my efforts on the first two pages in WWW registry.