Wizarding Challenges: Tutorial appears and I get a network error after selecting a Chamber

Comments

• inesizinesiz Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited December 2019 #3227 December, 2019, 01:49 pm.

I have been getting the same error for almost 2 weeks now. The tutorial also plays everytime. Nothing seems to work.

@HPWUrobert any way you could help me?

Thanks you from Portugal

#3327 December, 2019, 02:39 pm.

For almost 2 weeks now, whenever I enter a fortress I get the tutorial messages everytime (2 lines from Harry) and when I try to enter a chamber I get a message reporting a wireless network error and I am forced to restart the game. I have reported the bug in the game app with no resolution. I have tried a number of different things, including turning off/on internet and GPS location, as well as app definitions, and restarting phone and uninstal/reinstall the app. Nothing has worked so far.

I thought this would solve after a while but nothing has changed. I can't complete daily challenges and special challenges because of it which is quite frustrating.

I have seen some reports around here with the same complaint and some seemed to be solved on an individual basis. I believe @HPWUrobert was one of the people trying to solve this.

Any way you could help me? Thank you on advance,

Inesiz

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #3427 December, 2019, 07:51 pm.

I've seen this issue posted somewhere: the "restart" button interrupting the battle mid-way due to some "network error" and forcing me out of the fortress.

This happened for the last three days in a row, three times, resulting in the loss of 3 runes: 2 level 5, 1 level 4. It always happens on chambers higher than tower III (tower v and forest I). I decided to stop battling on higher chambers because not only I loose the runes but also a huge amount of potions (in forest III and IV), since I can only play solo.

Hope you fix this bug soon... I've been cautiously playing with low level runes, without potions and only in lower level chambers.

• FaLaMeFaLaMe Posts: 3
    #3527 December, 2019, 08:10 pm.

I have this same issue. I’ve done everything everyone else has done here. I’ve reported the bug several times since November/early December and nothing has changed. Is there someone I can connect with?

• SvetylkoSvetylko Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited December 2019 #3630 December, 2019, 09:47 pm.

Hi from Czech republic,

I have issue during entering fortress. I enter fortress and when I want to choose chamber the app freeze. There is no "Error" or something like that. The app simply freeze and I have to close it because nothing can be done. I have this issue almost a month. Can you please advise me, what to do? I have no issues with connectivity, I have installed all assets and I have tried more fortresses and in different cities. Result is the same :/

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3730 December, 2019, 11:00 pm.

Hi @Svetylko There’s a thread concerning this issue here: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/4328/investigating-fortress-start-button-causing-an-error#latest

@hpwulola & @HPWUrobert I know you’re busy, but could you please provide any information to help?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    #3830 December, 2019, 11:58 pm.

Hi @Svetylko, have you tried waiting a bit longer?

Apparently sometimes it takes quite a long time to enter a fortress chamber while it seems the game might be frozen. There were reports that some players had to wait up to 30 seconds and even longer until they got to the screen where to choose a runestone.

• SvetylkoSvetylko Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3931 December, 2019, 08:07 am.

I've been waiting approx 30-40sec. OK, next time I will try longer. But honestly it is not user friendly... I've never had this issue before.

Thank you for help and we will see.

And all the best to the New year!

#4003 January, 2020, 05:12 pm.

Any updates on this situation? For weeks haven't been able to play on fortresses and it doesn't seem like it is going to be fixed any time soon.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 706 admin
    #4106 January, 2020, 10:58 pm.

Hi @Svetylko

Sorry to keep you waiting. I made some changes to your account, can you try another Wizarding Challenge?

#4207 January, 2020, 12:19 pm.

@HPWUrobert i have been having the same problem for quite a while (i have reported it on another post), would it be possible to solve? Thanks you

#4310 January, 2020, 11:27 am.

This bug doesn't seem like it is going to fix itself, and I can't ever finish the daily tasks or special assignments which is quite frustrating honestly. Please let me know of any updates on the issue.

• TaraBeesTaraBees Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #4412 January, 2020, 09:58 pm.

Having the same issue, have tried all of the fixes suggested here and within the in-app help section. Frustrating to not be able to participate in any challenges... would love help from an admin if possible!

• JusninjaJusninja Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #4513 January, 2020, 09:18 am.

I have to wait a long time before select a rune since a moment now but today I have been ejected from my forteresse for a connection issue. I lost my rune and potions. Please could you fix the Wizarding challenge it's really difficult to finish one nowadays...

• ammeebaammeeba Posts: 1
    #4614 January, 2020, 06:24 am.

I have had the same issue for a month. Entering any fortress takes 30-60 seconds every time. It is unbearable , I don't do fortress battles any more and the game is pretty pointless without fortresses.

A friend of mine got the same issue recently and turns out we have the same type of phone: Huawei P20 lite. That could be related.

#4715 January, 2020, 10:39 pm.

@Jusninja in 2 of the 3 screenshots your avatar is flying, which indicates that you're moving too fast. are you playing on your commute?

#4816 January, 2020, 03:57 pm.

@HPWULola or @HPWUrobert - any chance you could take a look at my account? Still having the same issue and have reached a point where I need to complete wizarding challenges for my SOS assignments. Thank you!

#4916 January, 2020, 06:32 pm.

@Colflagg @inesiz @EowynRio @FaLaMe @TaraBees please try getting into a fortress again.

#5016 January, 2020, 07:54 pm.

Problem solved, thanks you so much @HPWUrobert !

#5116 January, 2020, 09:56 pm.

@HPWUrobert - working for me now as well, thanks so much!!

• sobriquetzzsobriquetzz Posts: 1
    #5216 January, 2020, 11:51 pm.

I just encountered the same fortress issue. Was battling all morning and it was okay. Suddenly error encountered. I tried to **** the app and restart, but my runestone was gone. I tried on another fortress and it was the same thing. Two WOWW runestones gone!! :(

• OmaLaurieOmaLaurie Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #5317 January, 2020, 02:56 am.

Is there a way to complain in game about a problem fortress? There is a sponsored fortress that the last several times I have played a challenge the game will drop, then I get the notice which says the connection is lost and I can’t restart the game in time to finish the challenge.

• trixnrosiestrixnrosies Posts: 1
    #5417 January, 2020, 03:37 am.

i have the same issue above and lost level 5 n afew lower level runestones

• SuryccSurycc Posts: 0
    #5517 January, 2020, 07:10 am.

Hi, I’ve been having an issue where I would get disconnected during Wizarding challenges. It happened about 5-6 times today. I have good cell phone coverage. It’s frustrating because I lose my rune stones. Is there anyway for them to be returned to me?

thanks.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    #5617 January, 2020, 02:37 pm.

You should use the in-app-support to report this issue when it happens . Usually they will replace the lost runestones.

• KnifedogKnifedog Posts: 0
    #5717 January, 2020, 02:56 pm.

I have had 4 terrible experiences making me want to stop plying this game. All four involve crashes during long wizarding challenges that I am soloing. I have lost 3 level 5 runes and a level 4 rune and I’d like to be compensated in some way. In each case, I’ve burned potions and spells and suddenly find I am ejected due to a connectivity issue. In my view the platform is not gracefully handling the cellular connection switching to a WiFi connection (or vice versa). Please fix!!! Any in-game compensation would go a long way to keeping me in the game. The issue has happened on different days in different parts of the city.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5817 January, 2020, 03:12 pm.
    • Tap your suitcase, then hit the settings icon at the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
    • Tap the Help/Legal tab at the lower right-hand portion of the settings screen.
    • Tap Get Support, then tap Contact Us at the upper right-hand corner.
    • Tap New Conversation.
    • When asked why you're contacting support, type Fortress crash.
    • When shown the list of help articles, select No, I need to talk to someone.
    • When shown the list of categories, select Other.
    • You will then get the message "I'll send you over to someone who can help...In the meantime, please write a detailed description of the issue."
    • Provide any relevant details like date, time, fortress level, runestone used, potions used, etc. 
    • Politely request a refund of any lost resources. 
    • Be honest. If your claim can't be matched to player activity logs, they can't help you. 
    • Players generally receive a response and refund of lost runestones and/or potions within a few hours. 
    #5917 January, 2020, 03:27 pm.
    • Tap your suitcase, then hit the settings icon at the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
    • Tap the Help/Legal tab at the lower right-hand portion of the settings screen.
    • Tap Get Support, then tap Contact Us at the upper right-hand corner.
    • Tap New Conversation.
    • When asked why you're contacting support, type Fortress crash.
    • When shown the list of help articles, select No, I need to talk to someone.
    • When shown the list of categories, select Other.
    • You will then get the message "I'll send you over to someone who can help...In the meantime, please write a detailed description of the issue."
    • Provide any relevant details like date, time, fortress level, runestone used, potions used, etc. 
    • Politely request a refund of any lost resources. 
    • Be honest. If your claim can't be matched to player activity logs, they can't help you. 
    • Players generally receive a response and refund of lost runestones and/or potions within a few hours. 
    #6017 January, 2020, 03:56 pm.

Also, you can up-vote or comment on existing posts about this issue in the REPORT A BUG section of the forum.

#6117 January, 2020, 03:59 pm.

Also, you can up-vote and/or comment on existing posts about this issue in the REPORT A BUG section of the forum.