Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Lack of inns greenhouses and fortresses — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Lack of inns greenhouses and fortresses

EG16EG16 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 23 March, 2020, 03:47 pm.

I am from India and live in a town . There is no inn or greenhouses or fortress within atleast 30 km radius of my town .

It's hard for me to complete challenges and keep up with spell energy .

I m a die hard Potterhead and i dont want to miss out this game due to this. Kindly see to it

Tagged:

Comments

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #204 July, 2019, 03:03 pm.

The POI are from the same dataset that Niantic's other games are based on.

In general, POI are places of:

• historic (castles, statues, war memorials),
    • educational (libraries, nature-information boards, museums),
    • artistic (murals, statues, theater & opera houses, art galleries)
    • recreational / social (parks, playgrounds, fountains, etc)

value.

Economic value on its own does NOT make a good POI and K12 Schools are EXPLICITY blacklisted.

And POI must be HUMAN CREATIONS... an ancient tree is not POI worthy.

And all POI require "safe pedestrian access" and need to be open to at least a certain number of people (POI on private single-family residential property are also a no-go). POI that may interfere with emergency services (obviously) are also blacklisted.

Also, keep in mind that the overwhelming number of POI aren't created by algorithms, they have been submitted by players (originally Ingress-players only, recently Pokemon-Players have joined) and have been curated by players (Ingress Players only, google "OPR" for more info) - to ensure a certain quality of POI.

To submit new POI, you have to be Ingress Level 10 OR PokemonGo Level 40. To join the POI curation program, you need to be Ingress Level 12.

• AethiasAethias Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #304 July, 2019, 03:30 pm.

@Lucoire

This "answer" is beautiful (irony <3 ) but I think you can easely understand that if people don't have Inn/Greenhouse/Fortress near their house, they won't have more possibility to play on Pokemon Go until lvl 40 or on Ingress until lvl 10 to resolve their problems in a decent time on HPWU ?!

Thank's you for your enlightening us.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #404 July, 2019, 03:43 pm.

@Aethias I fully understand that the requirement to get to a state where you can submit more POI is a certain density and number of POI. It's counter-intuitive but it is what it is - it's not like I could change it.

That being said, there are many people who are already able to submit new POI and most of them welcome the opportunity to travel to new places and increase the overall density of POI.

• aaronviannoaaronvianno Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #505 July, 2019, 01:53 am.

@EG16 Where in India? Maybe we can help. :)

• EG16EG16 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #605 July, 2019, 02:56 am.

From Punjab @aaronvianno

• aaronviannoaaronvianno Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #706 July, 2019, 04:07 am.

Come over to Telegram. Same username there.

• Dirtyjoe619Dirtyjoe619 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #806 July, 2019, 11:14 pm.

It seems to be badly randomized. I have one street in my neighborhood that's 4 fortresses in a row.

• HPWUpoojaHPWUpooja Posts: 1 admin
    #909 July, 2019, 11:56 pm.

Hey EG16, our support team is trying to reach out to you to share coordinates of the Inns/Fortresses closest to you. Please check your inbox for an email from us :-)

• NizhaNizha Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1012 July, 2019, 02:41 pm.

I say there should be more balance in terms of greenhouses,inns and fortresses. around my are there are many greenhouses but no inns. Also there is a park near me that does not have a POI.

• alpha005alpha005 Posts: 2
    #1112 July, 2019, 02:48 pm.

Every portal ( ingress) won't become pokestop or inns.

• MitchelGrangerMitchelGranger Posts: 1
    #1222 July, 2019, 02:16 pm.

I'm facing the same issue. It's difficult to find greenhouses and inns in my area. So far, I've just spotted 1 fortress. Is there any way to find out the locations of Greenhouses or Inns.

Thanks.

• PrettypenelopePrettypenelope Posts: 1
    #1323 March, 2020, 03:47 pm.

I dislike renewing an old discussion but it has become a huge problem. I got hooked on WU while spending two weeks with daughter. She lives in a small town but it was fairly populated with facilities. I move back to my even smaller town with the expectation of continuing my involvement with WU. Yesterday I drove around for 20 miles, hitting the parks, monuments, and tourist POIs. I found ONE fortress and ONE greenhouse. No inns at all. The fortress was in the McDonald's parking lot and the greenhouse was next to a hunting store. I can handle driving around to access POIs, but I'm looking at trucking another 20 miles in another direction. How the heck am I supposed to play?