Game Update: 2.8.0 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 03 January, 2020, 10:42 am.

New Features/Updates

SOS Report:

• We will be adding an in-game newsletter to keep everyone up-to-date on events, game tips, and more! (🎉🎉🎉)
Portkeys:
  • We have added a new Portkey option in the Settings menu that allows players to pan around Portkey environments without using their device’s gyroscope to move.
Greenhouses:
  • Players will now be able to grow Baneberry and Angel’s Trumpet Ingredients in Greenhouses! Additionally, Baneberry and Angel’s Trumpet seeds have also been added to the Map.  
Portrait: 
  • 4 new House themed pajamas are now available in your Ministry Portrait ID! 
Potions: 
  • We have improved Dawdle Draught so that when used, it will always prevent a Foundable from fleeing! 

Bug Fixes:

Achievements:
  • Fixed an issue where players may still see badges (red dots) on Achievements even if they had scrolled through the Achievements list
Diagon Alley:
  • Fixed an issue with Diagon Alley where the notification “You need more Gold,” appears before a player can view the bundle’s info
SOS Assignments:
  • Fixed an issue with the “Complete 3 Wizarding Challenges with 3 Teammates” task not giving progress even if a player has completed the requirements
Gifting:
  • Fixed some stability issues when sending Gifts
  • Fixed an issue where a player gets stuck if they tap the info button multiple times when Adding Friends
Portkeys:
  • Fixed an issue with the Portkey Use Now button becoming unresponsive when Camera Permissions have not been given
  • Fixed a visual issue with Keys sometimes not showing in the keylock of a Portmanteau
Potions:
  • Fixed an issue with the Master Notes UI disappearing if a player taps into Diagon Alley from the Master Notes screen
Inns:
  • Fixed an issue with players sometimes not seeing their own Dark Detectors they placed at an Inn
Registry:
  • Fixed an issue with the rewards screen displaying an incorrect amount of Wizard XP
  • Fixed an issue with the Traces for George Weasley, Fred Weasley, Angelina Johnson, and Parvati Patil not having the same Threat Levels in the Registry as shown in their Encounter
Wizarding Challenge:
  • Fixed an issue with long load times after selecting a Chamber
General:
  • Fixed an issue with Codename changes reverting back after returning to the Map
  • Various connection and visual bug fixes

Known Issues:

Registry:

• Foundables that are not from Encounters can sometimes have a high Seen number, even if they are not Seen in Encounters
  • Foundables in Photo Mode may flip around when a player taps on the Foundable to reposition
  • Occamy Eggs have the incorrect threat level when you enter the Encounter

Potions:

• Players may receive an error when they attempt to collect a brewed Potion
Portmanteaus:
  • When collecting new Portmanteaus, the amount on the badge from a player's suitcase is incorrect compared to the actual amount of new portmanteaus.
Wizarding Challenges:
  • Aurors Only: Defeating a Foe in a Wizarding Challenge with Bat-Bogey Hex does not count towards Wizarding Challenge Achievements
  • Some players may receive an error message when attempting to enter a Wizarding Challenge
  • Players may notice that the number of players at a Chamber may not update immediately when other players join the same Chamber
  • Players may not receive the Level Up rewards screen if they Level Up after a Wizarding Challenge
General:
  • Android Only: Players may not see an in-app message after going into the game from a push notification

Enjoy!!

ÂĢ1

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #218 December, 2019, 06:53 pm.

So Wizarding challenge bug of not seeing the level up screen after (when actually leveling up) ... But it's confirmed that the bonuses are still given? @hpwulola I only ask, because you know this is going to pop up all over the place!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #318 December, 2019, 07:43 pm.

@Bormacska Yes, you should still be getting the rewards! If you see differently, please let me know!

• Rogacz88Rogacz88 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #418 December, 2019, 08:49 pm.

So when we can get Adventure sync? Today i do a test. Fitbit app/Google fit 8km walk. Wizards United - only 4.5k accepted...

• Pheenix137Pheenix137 Posts: 3 ✭
    #518 December, 2019, 09:02 pm.

Tried to do a fortress after update and lost 2 level 5 legend of hogwarts runestones because of error. When will it be safe to fortress again?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #718 December, 2019, 10:00 pm.

@Pheenix137 We are investigating and working on a fix for this issue now. Please follow and add any feedback here:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/4328/investigating-fortress-start-button-causing-an-error#latest

• HallanenHallanen Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #818 December, 2019, 10:29 pm.

that in-game newsletter sure is handy!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1119 December, 2019, 03:26 am.

Ahh love it @ManateeMomma ! Just the name 'angels trumpet' sounds so lovely! And now we can grow them! Yay!

I don't need any cos have plenty from map but i just want to grow some now....cos i can!! Lol

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    #1219 December, 2019, 03:31 am.

@AuroraKadavra exactly. I won't be able to collect these. I won't be back there for a few days. But the thought.....and the screenshot....was what mattered. Been holding onto these seeds for a very long time.....

• AquaSaiRoseAquaSaiRose Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    #1319 December, 2019, 03:47 am.

Just updated my IPhone and my Android and I am loving the SOS Report and the Newsletter. đŸĨ° Great Job !! @hpwulola Thanks for all the information. 😍

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    #1419 December, 2019, 03:48 am.

I downloaded the update as soon as I knew about it, all excited because I was one of the people affected by REALLY LONG LOAD TIMES at Fortresses. My husband was not and he'd have to wait for me to load before hitting the "join/start" button. Well, we went out today and I was eager to get back to my instant switch to the Runestone choosing screen.... and I still have a long load time. Not quite as long as before, but my husband clicked the Chamber we chose after I did and was still able to choose his Runestone before I was. My wait time was about 8 seconds instead of the 15-17 seconds I was waiting before. Then, what do we NOT see when we'd both chosen our stone? The "join/start" button! It was gone! So we had to sit there while the timer ticked down. Yes it was only 20 seconds but I really loved that instant start with the "join/start" button. So now not only do I still have long load times, I'm back to being forced to wait for the timer before I can do my challenge, which reduced our usual four challenge trip to a three challenge trip. My husband and I are as fast as we can be with our challenges but those seconds we had to wait added up to enough time to make us lose out on a fourth challenge. Please fix it!!!

• JusninjaJusninja Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1519 December, 2019, 08:06 am.

I also still have a long load time (45 seconds at least) after select a chamber and I'm very disappointed because now I have also a connection error sometimes so it's very difficult for me to finish a Wizarding challenge... Please don't say you fix something if you're not sure I'm more upset because you said you fix it and in reality no that if you didn't say you fix it...

• HKR84HKR84 Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #1619 December, 2019, 10:04 am.

I’m an iPhone user and I haven’t had the update but the fortress start button disappeared for me this morning also ☚ī¸ Not happy loves that’s button...

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1719 December, 2019, 10:58 am.

well said, @LionessMolly and @Jusninja !!

• KittyofJuneKittyofJune Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited December 2019 #1819 December, 2019, 12:48 pm.

Post edited by KittyofJune on
  • ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1919 December, 2019, 03:51 pm.

@ManateeMomma is the name of the church you planted at really Santa Clause United Methodist Church? That is pretty amazing! 🎅

Thank you HPWU team...I love the new newsletter. It looks amazing! Way to go team!

#2019 December, 2019, 07:17 pm.

@ClairabusGryff Name of the town. The history that gets told is the town was supposed to be San Fransico but the name was denied because it was already taken. Multiple names were denied....so in exasperation Santa Claus was submitted and accepted.

#2119 December, 2019, 07:17 pm.

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2219 December, 2019, 08:08 pm.

@ManateeMomma that is an amazing story. And this time of year is simply a magical name.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2319 December, 2019, 09:00 pm.

Carmarthen is only 20 miles from Bethlehem!

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2419 December, 2019, 11:29 pm.

Make sure with the newest update that you download assets, even if it is just the essentials!

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    #2520 December, 2019, 01:01 pm.

UPDATE- I previously said that my load time for challenges was down to 8 seconds instead of the 15-17 I was waiting. Well, I timed it last night on my second challenge because my first one seemed to be longer than the other day. My load time was 20 seconds. Then add in waiting for the timer to tick down, is another 20. I'm right back where I was before they "fixed" it, except this time I don't have the "start/join" button to save me that second 20 seconds.

• UFGatorUFGator Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2620 December, 2019, 06:27 pm.

Will someone PLEASE fix the gift problem? I posted this elsewhere.

Anytime I push "send gift" on my friends list or hit "gifts to send" - I immediately get an error that says "An error has occurred with the wireless network. Please try again" and it forces a shutdown of the app.

This has been happening for me 95% of the time since gifts were introduced into the game. Sometimes I can get it to send one or two before it happens, but right now I can't do anything at all before it closes (can't scroll, delete or send gifts).

I don't know how I'm supposed to complete the "send 5 gifts" task if I can't even access my gifts.

• tangledsilktangledsilk Posts: 2 ✭
    #2721 December, 2019, 01:45 am.

My wizarding challenge load time is still long and the start button is gone. I really liked the start button...

• tangledsilktangledsilk Posts: 2 ✭
    #2821 December, 2019, 01:46 am.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2921 December, 2019, 03:46 am.

@Dewin99 you can make that journey on a donkey right!? 😀

• kpwxxkpwxx Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #3121 December, 2019, 09:55 am.

Thank you thank you thank you for adding the new portkey feature!!!

My phone has a gyro but no compass so I've never been able to open portkeys on it. I have been lucky to be able to use my husband's phone, but I have to do them in batches which makes it hard to complete events involving lots of portkeys, and he gets annoyed when his phone decides to use my Google account to sign into other stuff.

Thanks also for the newsletter, that has been something that's been hugely needed for a long time I think, its easy to miss stuff on social media.