Sad

FaithnoelleFaithnoelle Posts: 9 ✭✭
in SOS Assignments #1 latest comment 05 January, 2020, 05:34 pm.

I have advanced pretty well with being in such a rural area. I go to large parks when there are special events if I'm lucky enough to be off work. Unfortunately I will never be able to advance in my SOS tasks. I am forever stuck on wizard challenges with friends. There are NO groups here. I have even placed ads on social media even posting notes at the local park websites. We just aren't a large enough metropolitan area.

Comments

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #217 December, 2019, 05:49 pm.

Welcome @Faithnoelle !

I'm sorry you are having trouble finding local players. My daughter plays Pokemon Go and some of her PoGo friends also play HPWU, which is how she and I found a small Wizarding group. Maybe see if you can find any PoGo players in your area; they might know of some Wizards.

Posting notices at parks was a really good idea.

I know several folks on this forum, like @kiheikid , who live in rural areas and struggle with all that entails regarding the game.

I encourage you to keep on enjoying the game. I completed the current SOS tasks quite a while ago and have been waiting for new tasks, so I have a small idea of how you feel.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #317 December, 2019, 06:29 pm.

@Faithnoelle - I hear you. Despite living in a densely populated area it took months to finish the group SOS challenge. Do you have any friends who would be willing to install WU to help you out? They might enjoy playing 😀

If all else fails, it is some consolation to know the SOS challenges have been stalled since WU was released therefore at the moment they are a dead-end

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #417 December, 2019, 06:40 pm.

@Faithnoelle @NursePoppy - it is true, right now my wife and i have no hope of completing the SOS assignment of completing fortress challenges with 3 friends (and @HPWUTeam has been less than communicative in officially clarifying whether it is 3 team members including yourself or excluding yourself). @HPWUTeam also has been silent as to responding to the massive levels of complaints by so many solo or duo players about the impossibility of overcoming that roadblock SOS assignment, and even normally responsive @hpwulola has been silent. that means @HPWUTeam / niantic have no solution and won’t admit it, or are callously indifferent to their customers (us!), or are really bad at communicating.

if they were smart (safe assumption?), they would not release additional SOS assignments until fixing this roadblock problem, or they will face massive losses of frustrated players.

#517 December, 2019, 07:50 pm.

@kiheikid - The challenge has since been clarified as yourself plus two others

I hope you have at least one friend who is willing to download WU help you out

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #617 December, 2019, 08:43 pm.

@OriginalCaruso - alas, our friends (good enough to ask) have other commitments (second jobs, younger kids, cutthroat duplicate bridge sessions) that don’t mesh with our schedules. so it is just my wife and me. we have other friends who might be of help but for the fact they live on the mainland or a different country. and the last thing friends who might come on vacation to hawaii should be expected to do is give up part of their precious vacation time to go pottering with us if they aren’t already players.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #717 December, 2019, 10:33 pm.

If I could come to Hawaii, I would gladly meet up to help with that assignment. I meed it also.

I wish we could have a better timeframe for Community Days then two weeks out. I have thought about trying to drive 2 hours to bigger cities for CD meetups, though it seems like we more often than not have plans already.

I suspect there are more Wizards in my little town than I know. Our little town's center has doubled the amount of inns, greenhouses, and a fortress since October. Someone is playing something to get those submitted and approved.

There is a brewery setting up a bar and resteraunt accross from the fortress. I hope to just set up a regular time to go there, massively publish it everywhere, and pray for others to show up.

#818 December, 2019, 05:06 am.

@ManateeMomma - Download Ingress and join the Resistance (I am bisssed as this is my faction). There is a comm tool where you will be able to find locals as their actions are reported automatically. Send a message, Ingress players are very friendly and highly likely to help even as a one-off. Lastly, higher level Ingress players have the ability to nominate locations as portals - WU uses the same database so you might get lucky if a submitted portal is accepted then it could appear in the WU map too

• Dock01Dock01 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #905 January, 2020, 05:34 pm.

Same here we share the same pain