December Events Announcement and Calendar

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 922 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 18 December, 2019, 04:37 am.

There’s a chill in the air, and this time it’s not a sign of Dementors on the loose. The winter holidays are fast approaching, and after such valiant displays of teamwork last month, it’s time for some well-deserved seasonal festivities. As you prepare for merriment and gift-giving, keep an eye out for the Calamity, which has conjured up some iconic Christmas memories from the wizarding world – ranging from the fondest recollection… to those some would rather forget!

Here is this month's event list:

❄️Christmas Calamity Brilliant Event Part 1: December 3-10

• Relive the winter wonderland of the Hogwarts Yule Ball, including memories of couples like Hermione and Viktor, as well as Hagrid and Madame Maxime.
❄️December Community Day: December 14
  • Lend Hagrid a hand with caring for his magical creatures by helping return Foundables from the Hagrid’s Hut Registry Page. Special Portkeys will whisk you away to Hagrid’s Hut to unlock some of the rarest magical creatures. Make sure to bundle up and stay warm as you’re out adventuring!
❄️Christmas Calamity Brilliant Event Part 2: December 17-24
  • Reflect on Yule Ball memories from Ron and his friends, including memories of Parvati and Harry, as well as Fred and Angelina.
❄️12 Tasks of Christmas Event (stay tuned on our socials for dates)
  • Join in the holiday revelry by completing 12 Tasks of Christmas and exchanging special holiday Gifts with friends.

The Christmas Calamity Brilliant Event starts in 24 hours, so be ready to dance the night away while encountering memories from the Yule Ball. What will everyone be wearing for the occasion? Let us know below 🎀

Tagged:

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #302 December, 2019, 10:11 pm.

@HPWULola Sounds brilliant! Can’t wait. Thanks.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    #402 December, 2019, 11:58 pm.

I will wear something nice since I have to work. I hope to time it so I can get any foundables and stickers caught in Santa Claus!

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #503 December, 2019, 04:50 am.

thanks, @HPWULola

• GuscarbatoGuscarbato Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #603 December, 2019, 06:16 am.

The 12 Tasks of Christmas sounds good 🎁🎅

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #703 December, 2019, 02:21 pm.

Wow!! That all sounds just so awesome!! We really do get spoiled with the amazing events in this game! Cant wait for 7pm tonight!! Im ready & raring to go with potion & portkey slots emptied etc.

Im usually a bit bah humbug about xmas- but this year I'm now actually excited just because of the events!! Lol

Thanks @HPWULola and team!! 😀

• TZBTZB Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #903 December, 2019, 07:42 pm.

And more friends to add.

If you need one, here's my code... 7600 9737 6080

I'm in Texas if you like adding from different areas.

I hope this is allowed here since it is part of the event. Good luck and happy hunting.

Taliveth

• Mels91Mels91 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1003 December, 2019, 07:46 pm.

more friend requirements!

feel free to add me 0106 2967 0690

thanks

Mellie

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #1304 December, 2019, 04:27 am.

@HPWUtatsuya I agree with @Owlx! Proportionate increase in number of gifts than can be opened please! It’ll also help players in rural areas we send spell energy gifts to, since it’s only 2 or 3 spell energy in a normal box.

• SumittSumitt Posts: 1
    #1404 December, 2019, 05:26 am.

What are the gifts we are getting when we complete tasks in the event? I can’t find anything about them.

• GyromitraGyromitra Posts: 2
    edited December 2019 #1504 December, 2019, 08:16 am.

Yule Ball Invitation! 🎄

Friend code: 0104 5850 6179

Greetings,

Taraxa Woollensocks

(Ravenclaw prof., Lvl. 31, DK)

• BartazarBartazar Posts: 3
    #1604 December, 2019, 09:09 am.

Add me as well I’ll accept for quest and gifts : 6800 9092 6206

• SuperollieSuperollie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1704 December, 2019, 04:15 pm.

Would you like a friend from the Netherlands? Please add me 9172 3607 5160.

• MommaSchoenMommaSchoen Posts: 3
    #1805 December, 2019, 03:39 am.

Feel free to add my friend code:

9655 0599 9295

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1906 December, 2019, 09:23 pm.

???? Does anyone know what the gifts were in the last two tasks of the current Brilliant Event? When I finished I saw the gifts come in but have no actual clue what they were...does anyone know what they are/were?

I do love the getting stuff done aspect of the Brilliant Events and all of the rewards and am so grateful for the HPWU team for everything they do to listen to our requests and applying them to the amazing game that brings me so much joy every single day. I have a little peeve and I was wondering if I am the only one here but the current brilliant trace encounters some of them took over a dozen casts to capture. I tried the 3 strike rule and would exit and come back in and 3 more then back out. Lord have mercy...I get that feeling of OMG I have to beat this one stupid trace and spent 20 spell energy only to have it disintegrate. Anyone else feel this pain on these two traces this go-around? I don't ever recall them being this difficult before.

I am a level 34 Magizoo...

• MommaSchoenMommaSchoen Posts: 3
    #2006 December, 2019, 11:10 pm.

My husbands friend code is

please friend him as well!

• Redbear4Redbear4 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2107 December, 2019, 02:29 am.

This event would be fun if they would fix the portkey problem that I've reported multiple time since the last event. Where you click on open but the next screen doesn't allow you to find the boot so you can use the port hole. Only a couple days left and I can't even pick up the portkey to complete it. Would really love to know how to fix this or I may just delete the game.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2307 December, 2019, 03:55 am.

@Imaginatio off-topic question, but how do you post the link to another post as a “preview” of that post instead of just pasting the URL? I feel like I did that once but have no clue how and now any links I post, even ones to other posts in this forum, just show up as URLs.

#2407 December, 2019, 05:05 am.

@MrSciGuy - post the link and then hit return - voila, preview

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019 #2507 December, 2019, 05:06 am.

@MrSciGuy If you mean @HPWULola’s post, then that’s just a quick cropped screenshot I took. I just copy and pasted the URL of the thread and added the screenshot. Whenever I copy and paste a URL link to a forum thread in the way mentioned by @kiheikid , it usually loads and shows the first few lines of the first post only.

Not sure if there’s a way to show a preview of a specific post in a thread, I think there might be ( I vaguely remember something mentioned about it somewhere), bit hopefully someone else can shed some light into that.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2607 December, 2019, 01:16 pm.

Testing, testing, 1,2,3

Nice! I must have never hit “return” when pasting a link, thereby just having it show up as a plain URL instead. Thanks @kiheikid and @Imaginatio!

#2707 December, 2019, 02:32 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - i could have written that whole paragraph about the brilliant traces myself!! Every word 😂 you summed up the intense frustration perfectly!!! Lol

I found that if i used a basic exstimulo- they would typically be caught either 1st or 2nd cast- so i used quite a few to finish bonus task- but usually i dont give in to the making me use precious potions ive brewed for the fortress chambers on a simple trace that has a very high chance of departing anyway!!! Oh my days!!!! I said when I'd wasted another potion!! Or something along those lines 😂😂

#2807 December, 2019, 02:33 pm.

Thank you all for clarifying! I was curious as I had thought it was some extravagant gift we could send a friend. But I do love the animated snow sticker and have it on my profile pic right now. So thank you again!

#2907 December, 2019, 08:20 pm.

@AuroraKadavra I did the same thing to complete the bonus assignment- I would pop a basic exstimulo and go at them but to get the 30 brilliant traces I went through around 12-14 basic exatimulo potions. So guess what I am brewing today to replenish my stock? I learned from the first few tasks and probably 100 spell energy that in order to complete the bonus assignment I was going to have to power chug potions. I appreciate the developers listening to us and don’t expect every trace to be like a low level trace but those two traces may have given me a grey hair or two. So now the when I see that bright purple plume I am having a bit of a PTSD spell energy response. 🤣🤣🤣

#3007 December, 2019, 09:20 pm.

😂😂 @ClairabusGryff - exactly the same!! Been brew basic exstimulo all day to replenish those cos i do use them just to finish a foe off sometimes in fortress or on a confoundable that I need to place. Glad i didn't have to resort to touching my strong E stash!

It is part of the challenge & the fun i guess but your right on those ones were absolutely taking things a step too far!! 😂 my nerves can't take it!!! Lol

#3112 December, 2019, 06:41 am.

new asset download today