Elusive Harry (rant about latest event)

AndyRozmanAndyRozman Posts: 55 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 01 December, 2019, 08:15 pm.

I really like what Niantic did with last event "Legends of Hogwarts", and I hope to see similar events in the future, but when they do it, they should be careful how they do it...

Harry is of hardest to get Foundables... So even with help of Tonic, I get 2-4 Harrys, about 1/3 of them escapes (one **** and foundable is gone (and not in my inventory), not always but a lot of time).

Maybe it is not problem for all the players that play for hours every day, but I unfortunaetly don't so, I started with Original page (I had only Snape and Hedwig on it, and I think one of Harry and 2 Siriuses). I managed to get to Silver page, which means, I got about 60 Harry's... Not so bad, only problem is that I also used probably 30 Tonics, and even more Potent Extimulo's (my level is less than 30, so not enough power to do much without it) , so it was all in all very expensive event...

I know they can't change how many Harry's are on page, but they could at least make more then 2-4 to appear with each Tonic and make it so that it stays for at least few shots.

What are your thoughts about this event?

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭
    #201 December, 2019, 01:03 am.

good job, @AndyRozman ... i am still stuck at 1/33 for young harry on the bronze prestige of the LOH Potions Classroom registry page.

i agree that the young harry foundable:

(a) does not appear/spawn often enough without a Tonic for Trace Detection (TTD),

(b) does not appear/spawn often enough even with a TTD,

(c) disappears/disintegrates way too often

and this is all while this event is running this week. when things go back to normal after this special event, it will be even worse for trying to get young harry fragments.

• AcumenAcumen Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #301 December, 2019, 07:39 pm.

Not a big deal to me. I'm close, but I probably won't be able to prestige the page to silver before the event is over because I didn't blow through a bunch of Trace Detection Tonic to get as many encounters as possible. I only used three bottles, and still ended up snagging 20 Harry foundables, and far more of Sirius and Severus than I can count. That's a LOT more of each than I'd normally see in a week, and I didn't have to do much of anything special outside of my usual routine to get them, so no complaints here.