Competition lacking

StylianfireStylianfire Posts: 1
in General Questions #1 latest comment 05 July, 2019, 10:54 am.

I'm a pokemon go fan that loved the competitive nature of controlling gyms and the fun of getting organized and trying to turn a whole place a certain color etc etc.

I really hope this game eventually does something that can let us compete and have a reason for going slythering or hufflepuff etc.

Comments

• incithincith Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #203 July, 2019, 09:27 pm.

Really wish we could have some capture and hold type stuff.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #303 July, 2019, 09:30 pm.

Quiddich, anyone?

• SIRlUSBLACKSIRlUSBLACK Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #404 July, 2019, 07:02 pm.

May be a duel?

Let's give them some time guys, when pokemon go released there was nothing to do.!

• CelticeCeltice Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #504 July, 2019, 07:22 pm.

Personally I like the laid back nature but I bet some kind of competitive aspect will be added soon knowing Niantic.

• MieyahMieyah Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #605 July, 2019, 12:11 am.

I think having quidditch matches, or wizard duels would make more sense for challenging players nearby on the map. Or they can introduce something like a Triwizard Tournament, Battle of Hogwarts, or a House Cup or something for actual fortress battles.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #705 July, 2019, 12:14 am.

I think quidditch could be fun and athletic. Use parks for quidditch arenas. People have to actually run and be active.

Part of me doesn't like my own idea because my room mate is disabled and she's more into HP than I am. So I understand the limitations of something like that but it's merely a pvp option. As long as they don't make it necessary to progress or get achievements. I would say use it to grant potions, energy, inventory, etc.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #805 July, 2019, 01:24 am.

I probably sound like a broken record, but there are a significant group of people who left Ingress sand Pokemon Go because of the competitive elements and appreciate the cooperative nature of HPWU. How about just giving us this one game where we can just relax and be social, please?

• ITSENOTIITSENOTI Posts: 1
    edited July 2019 #905 July, 2019, 09:21 am.

I read somewhere that there will be this capture-the-Fortress mechanic 😁

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1005 July, 2019, 10:54 am.

Niantic currently has 3 Games available: Ingress, Pokemon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards United.

Each of these games has it's own niche - to make sure that all of them have a reason to exist (aside from difference in franchise)

Overall, Ingress is the game most heavily focussed on PVP - "cooperation" doesn't even exist as a mechanic within the game.

Pokemon GO has PVP (duels, gyms) and PVE (raids) mechanics.

Wizards Unite has only PVE mechanics.