November Community Day Announcement

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3217 November, 2019, 09:23 am.

Do you think they accounted for daylight savings in their local time announcement?

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #3317 November, 2019, 09:40 am.

Hello. I look very much forward to this CD as I need many red books (I'm a magizoo!).

However the event launched at 10am in France instead of the announced 11am. We planned to gather at 11am with my local community so we won't be able to play from 10 to 11. I hope the event will stop as planned at 2 PM and we will not lose 1/3 of the event...

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3417 November, 2019, 09:46 am.

@TyrandausTravis It sounds like they didn't adjust for daylight savings time. So if you did it based on the clocks as they were last month, it did start at 11am. But clocks have gone back an hour since then. I live in a country that never changes the clocks, so there was no problem. I honestly think this is why happened and I hope they make up for it!

• DerutypoDerutypo Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3517 November, 2019, 11:08 am.

Hello, why did it begins at 10am in France?

Did it still end at 14am because i would have do the event from 13 tout 14!

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    #3617 November, 2019, 12:09 pm.

The day ended unexpectedly here as well at 1300 jours!! From 11 local time to 1400 local time, is what was promised. It ended an hour too early and we only had the last challenge to go :(

#3717 November, 2019, 12:12 pm.

As I feared (and expected) the event also finished 1 hour early in France so we have lost 1/3 of the event time. Some people who planned to arrive at 12h30 did not even manage to finish the quest...

Very disappointed that Niantic cannot get their time zones right. I hope we will have a reboot for 1 hour in the evening next week to compensate!

• ihatetheduckihatetheduck Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #3817 November, 2019, 12:12 pm.

Why did Community Day end at 1 pm? It's an hour left of the event, and now it's gone...

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    #3917 November, 2019, 12:21 pm.

It ended already 😢

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #4017 November, 2019, 12:24 pm.

Will require too many potions for this witch. Wasn't able to find ingredients in time or have time to both grow and brew before the event. I just attempted Forest I last night and barely made it, so no red spell books for me.

• MageOfHeavenMageOfHeaven Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #4117 November, 2019, 12:42 pm.

Hello Niantic,

Iam a very enthusiastic player and family father. So I can understand that you can not happy every people that play that game.

But I I can manage the get some time mid or after lunch and I recognize that the event ended 1pm or 13 hour in European time, then I get very angry. You say 11am to 2pm LOCAL time. Sorry, that's realy bullsh...

It's nice to have events, but manage pls that you don't say so and make it otherwise. Cheerals to all that happen the same to it...

Best regards

MageOfWizard

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4217 November, 2019, 02:01 pm.

From Fazes discord

Due to the timezone issues with Community Day we have extended the event by 1 hour. 

If you are in a timezone where your event starts at 10am, your Community Day will still run until 2pm. 

If you are in a timezone where your event starts at 11am, your Community Day will run until 3pm.

For those players in timezones that had an early start, please stay tuned for more info coming soon. 

Sorry, again, for this inconvenience! Thank you to everyone who has reported and helped troubleshoot this issue! 

• YuffiemusaYuffiemusa Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #4317 November, 2019, 02:35 pm.

This was a great event- finally it felt as if there was a goal for the three hours. We just had the one issue, that the event started and ended an hour earlier than expected. Apparently the 11-2 was for local summertime :(

• Twiki76Twiki76 Posts: 1
    edited November 2019 #4417 November, 2019, 02:50 pm.

This sounds amazing! Nobody up here plays HP . They're all pokemon people..... hopefully I find friends close enough to join with from time to time. Ashland NH friend code is 2182 4901 2910.

#4517 November, 2019, 03:02 pm.

@Owlx could you share the link of this discord?

Thanx!

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    #4617 November, 2019, 03:07 pm.

Sounds like it was an awesome event. Fingers crossed there will be a re-run and we'll be able to catch up. :)

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #4717 November, 2019, 03:08 pm.

Did this really just start st 10 am EST? Did you forget daylight savings time in most of the US? I'm not meeting my crew until 11 am.

• YuffiemusaYuffiemusa Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #4817 November, 2019, 03:22 pm.

Seems the problem with timezones is continuing globally. And we regardless of the announcement seen above, could see in our group that at least the elixir-brewing was n longer shortened in time.

We had no other apparant indicators, as we had already finalised the quests.

• Foxangel360Foxangel360 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4917 November, 2019, 03:27 pm.

Event stopped at 1pm in Europe in pokemon go we didn't have same problems FIX IT !!! re schedule the community day next Sunday....

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5017 November, 2019, 04:01 pm.
    edited November 2019 #5117 November, 2019, 04:51 pm.

@TyrandausTravis

This discord and under new channel👍

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
    #5217 November, 2019, 04:55 pm.

@Owlx Thank you for passing along that note!

Yes, there was an issue with scheduling in some areas. Therefore, we have extended it an hour for countries who still had Community Day live when we discovered this issue. Stay tuned for more info on this! Thanks!

#5317 November, 2019, 04:58 pm.

@HPWULola

I happy to help! Y'all take care know this has to be stressing the @HPWUTeam. We love you and it will all work out❣🦉

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭
    #5417 November, 2019, 04:58 pm.

I gotta complaint. There was literally only one wormwood on the ground during the three hour window. Whatever happened to healing potion ingredients being found on the ground, perhaps not in abundance, but atleast a decent amount?

• KarmaineKarmaine Posts: 1
    #5517 November, 2019, 04:59 pm.

Just wanted to suggest as it’s getting colder outside, I would pay extra to give my avatar a bigger distance to reach for 30minutes.

The nearest fortress is so close, yet so far.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #5617 November, 2019, 07:31 pm.

Well, this one was mixed for me. When I read that it was fortress-based, I thought I might finally get a chance to do the darn SOS challenge that’s been sitting there for months. Then I saw it wasn’t a Saturday like the rest of them. Unfortunately, Sunday is family day and I have my grandkids all day. They come over at 11 so luckily, since it started an hour early, I was able to rush over to the nearby fortress and do the tasks, but I didn’t have time to go to the park fortresses where there might actually be others playing. I am grateful that I was at least able to do the tasks by myself and didn’t need other players to complete it, but I really just want this stupid SOS task to go away already. 🙄

• AdrabellaAdrabella Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #5717 November, 2019, 07:37 pm.

Only two wizards in my town of McAdoo, PA (me and my daughter), what an epic fail!

My daughter is upset we couldn't finish tasks cuz we needed more witches n witches. If this is going to be the norm where we need others to complete tasks I might be done with the game. This is why I'm not playing Pokemon Go.

You want more witches and wizards, then let Niantic come and rally the area where I live. I have a too much too do to do their job for them!

Very disappointed in this event!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #5917 November, 2019, 07:43 pm.

@OriginalCaruso Thanks! I am so happy it started early. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to do the tasks until I saw people posting that it started early, so I checked at 10 just in case and was pleasantly surprised!

The SOS task just bugs me because I don’t like to leave anything unfinished. It just would be nice to get rid of it already!

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited November 2019 #6017 November, 2019, 08:46 pm.

As the event is drawing to a close here in Phoenix, I have to say, I have negative feelings about it.

I'm putting aside the technical issues; repeatedly getting booted from a battle in the middle of it, enemies coming back to life, etc.

For those who do not have ready transportation, time, and a bunch of other active players in their area, this event is a bust. I'm sitting here looking at the 4th set of tasks and there's no way I can get through them by myself. Looking at the awesome rewards for completing makes me want to cry.

Niantic has got to figure out how to level out the difficulty of the tasks. If they're not going to promote the game like they did/do for Ingress and PoGo, then they need to gear the tasks toward solo players.

I mean, I'm a daily player. Level 32 Professor. I'm no slouch when it comes to abilities. But Forest Chambers 4 & 5 are too much for a solo player. If I was a lower level player I would be absolutely frustrated to the point of giving up on the game.

• MaadScientistMaadScientist Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #6118 November, 2019, 04:31 am.

This was a great community day! We had a great turnout at Del Amo Mall in Torrance, CA through our discord group. We got to meet a bunch of new witches/wizards that bumped into us playing and we helped them climb the fortress floors. The challenges were a big hit with everyone and of course everyone appreciated the spell books! This was my favorite HP community day so far. Thanks!