Recover account?

OmetzOmetz Posts: 4
in General Questions #1 latest comment 30 April, 2020, 06:04 pm.

As I was walking around my neighborhood tonight, an error message popped up that said I was signed out. Now when I open the app it wants me to enter my birthdate and start over. Is there a way to recover my account?

Comments

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #231 July, 2019, 04:21 am.

Ok. This is getting strange. I've seen others mention a similar issue.

Are you logging in under the same criteria (e.g. I login under Google account)?

It would be nice to be able to narrow this down because, as I said, you're not the first to mention this.

• OmetzOmetz Posts: 4
    #331 July, 2019, 04:56 am.

It just signed me out, when I go back into the app, I am greeted with a prompt to enter my birthday, when I complete that is asks me to create an account with Fb or google. I have not gone further than that because I dont want to write over my old account.

edited July 2019 #431 July, 2019, 05:06 am.

Do you remember how you signed in originally?

If so, what happens if you sign in in the same manner?

Also, for the sake of the admins, what device are you using and what version of HP:WU?

Gonna tag an admin here so they can hopefully help more than I can.

@HPWULola

#531 July, 2019, 05:11 am.

Thanks! I originally signed in using a gmail account. Like I said though, I do not want to try it because is says "create account with" and I do not want to create an account, I want to continue using the one I was (recover my old one). I am afraid that if I put a new account using the same email sign in, all of my progress will be gone. I am using a Galaxy s9.

#631 July, 2019, 05:12 am.

Give it a shot logging back in with your google account. Shouldn't erase anything.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #731 July, 2019, 01:41 pm.

You will have to go through the same process should you have to re-install the app. All your settings are saved on the server, so long as you sign in with the same credentials you created your account with. 😀

#831 July, 2019, 06:59 pm.

That worked, it did remember my gmail account and saved my progress, I was just worried it would write a new account over the existing one but it picked up where I left off. Thanks for the help!!!

• OshinrinOshinrin Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #905 September, 2019, 04:27 am.

My account disappeared yesterday , too!

After EIGHT attempts trying everything suggested here, I wrote an email to Niantic support and got a no-reply message to go to the in-app settings.

Hello, friend at Niantic, I can't even access my account. How the heck do I go to the in-app setting?

Anyway, just to be on the safe side, I deleted the app from my phone. I won't be playing and I will be telling everyone I know not to play until this stupid glitch is fixed.

My sister lost 3 port keys. Every time she clicked on one the whole thing just disappeared and reset minus the port key she'd clicked.

• CrogabattoirCrogabattoir Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    #1005 September, 2019, 05:10 am.

I was randomly logged out recently as well. I just put in my birthdate and gmail and it logged me back in without any problems.

I am not sure why it logged me out though.

• ouhgouhg Posts: 1
    #1127 September, 2019, 11:45 pm.

Can I recover my account with the game name ADLawson98, forgot the birthdate entry.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    #1229 September, 2019, 10:15 pm.

@ouhg Why don’t you know the birthday?

• SoloSwishSoloSwish Posts: 1
    #1329 September, 2019, 11:08 pm.

This has happened to me as well. I don't honestly remembered whether I signed in with Google or Facebook. But I did try to do it again, since other games also sometimes get signed out because of an update. I may even have put in the wrong password, so that could be the reason why my old game didn't open. It asked me to put in a volunteer registration with first and last name, and I did not go further than that.

I really hope that I haven't lost all the data since I started playing! For the record, I play on a Huawei.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    #1430 September, 2019, 04:14 pm.

Had the same glitch. Just entering my date of birth and logging in with the correct account (Google) in my case, started the game just fine, with my previous progress intact.

• Divemom13Divemom13 Posts: 1
    #1529 October, 2019, 03:00 pm.

Same thing happened to me today. I logged in, thinking I had used Google, but got sent back to the beginning with a new wizard. Had to delete the app, download again and re-enter using Facebook and got everything back. Not sure why I got booted out in the first place.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 606 admin
    #1629 October, 2019, 09:14 pm.

@Ometz, apologies for the confusion. 'creating a new account' is the same flow as signing back into a preexisting account. Unfortunately, the messaging is the same.

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/hpwizardsunite/?p=web&l=en&s=top-articles&f=i-only-see-the-option-to-create-a-new-account

• MoonwindRaineMoonwindRaine Posts: 1
    #1706 February, 2020, 04:37 am.

arg. Deleted in error! Can’t find my account. Help!

Talewinds I think.

• Nurse4godNurse4god Posts: 2
    #1830 April, 2020, 06:04 pm.

I having same problem. Game starting me from level 1