Notification Dot Always on Profession

rosesmilesrosesmiles Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 22 October, 2019, 12:52 am.

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue as me and knows how to fix it! It seems that there is always the little red notification dot on the profession tab of the suitcase and on the suitcase itself. There are no lessons I can do it upgrade and it doesn't go off when I open the tab! This really doesn't work well with the Type A person that I am! Any bright ideas?

Comments

• TaraMarjorieTaraMarjorie Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #207 September, 2019, 09:50 pm.

When mine does that I click on a bunch of the different lessons to "prove to the game" I can't do anything and that usually makes it go away.

I'm the same way. Between that one and the constant additions to pictures frames and such notification dot, it could drive a person batty.

• SkaanaSkaana Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #408 September, 2019, 12:41 am.

I am having the same issue as you describe. I have chosen to ignore it. like the Car talk guys putting electrical tape over the check engine light, when it comes on the moment you pull away from the repair shop.

The rest of the game works extremely well for me. Hooray!

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #508 September, 2019, 02:13 am.

This problem makes me feel so OCD. It will clear only when I ACTUALLY have enough scrolls and books available and I buy a lesson - then the notification dot clears until I earn a new scroll set - then bam! Notification dot again!

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #609 September, 2019, 06:31 pm.

I have a totally new problem with it now, haha. I started putting scrolls into Magizoo even though I'm a professor. And now, when I have enough scrolls to do something for Magizoo... it shows me that I have enough for professor as well, even though I totally don't. So now I have red dots in TWO professions to annoy me. 😅

#809 September, 2019, 08:07 pm.

@DubiousAffairs hahah, exactly 😂

• magicjack68magicjack68 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited September 2019 #913 September, 2019, 11:25 pm.

Same issue. But thanks to @Skaana ... problem solved! Electrical tape over the suitcase and *poof!* no more notification dot!

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    #1014 September, 2019, 12:54 am.

@magicjack68 hahahahaha

i think @JulieJubz is on to something there - that may very well be what is doing it.

i have had the other two professions done with scrolls only investment for a while now, since before the indiana event when i showed a dev. didn't think about that.

it really should clear the dot on the professions icon in the suitcase when you expand the skill tree like it did before - even if you still have red dots on the individual skills in the tree.

i am fine with the dots on the individual skills in the tree if i have the resources, in fact prefer it, it is nice and more accurate.

but if you do not want them, and are rather saving up for a higher one instead, then it should not compromise the entire red dot notification on the suitcase out on the main map that could still be useful if a potion finishes or a registry thing needs attention.

for a while it cleared the dot on the professions sub menu in the suitcase when the tree was expanded, maybe we could get back to that.

who do we tag from @hpwu here to get this noticed? @JulieJubz isolated the issue i think.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1114 September, 2019, 01:40 am.

@HPWUMicah see above

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1214 September, 2019, 01:44 am.

I love the red dot when it's working as intended. Yet this permadot issue has been persisting for so long now, I'm simply tired of the sight of it. A toggle to remove any red dot notifications would be ideal. At least give us the option to get rid of it until such time as it's either working as intended or we choose to work with this mechanic.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1416 September, 2019, 09:38 pm.

Awesome! Thanks 😊 Can’t wait for this to be fixed and to see what else awaits.

#1516 September, 2019, 09:43 pm.

@Digitalis yay! I really hope that helps. I'm with you all, I love the red dot when it works as intended. So hopefully there will be a proper fix soon.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    #1616 September, 2019, 11:41 pm.

agree - even as familiar as i am getting with the game, the notification dot is super helpful when it works. it is a good system.

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #1725 September, 2019, 07:17 pm.

Big 2.4.0 update - and no fix for the profession dot issue. Sigh 😔

• poppydocpoppydoc Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1827 September, 2019, 01:04 am.

Any news on the profession dot issue? I was excited for the update, thinking it might finally be fixed, but instead I still have the red dot, and the game freezes whenever I attempt to level up a family registry page. :-(

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1927 September, 2019, 02:15 am.

@poppydoc Hi, red dot is still a thing, and here is a link for updates to the known issue regarding freezing upon ranking up a family...

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/3054/investigating-app-may-freeze-when-ranking-up-a-registry-family

We're in this together, hang in there. 😀

• EzmereldaXVEzmereldaXV Posts: 1
    #2029 September, 2019, 06:16 pm.

I also have the dreaded red dot. ‘Proving’ to the game that I cannot do anything doesn’t make a difference. Scheesh!

alohamora dammit!

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 #2121 October, 2019, 05:46 pm.

@HPWUcasey @HPWULola

I have discovered that deleting the data will cause this issue. So it is likely people who switched phones, uninstalled the app, or otherwise had the data erased comprise those who have had this issue. This should make it trivial to reproduce which will hopefully allow a quick and permanent fix. It seems like it may be reliant on data from first choosing your profession path. Now that I have cleared data, if I switch professions and look at the first lesson, I have no red dot on profession anymore. The red dot is only showing on what is available for me to get in the new profession. Switching back to my original profession then results in the red dot which will not go away (I have nothing available to purchase so there are also no red dots in my profession tree at all).

I thought as a workaround that might mean I could switch professions, delete the data, then switch the profession back. This does not work. Initially the red dot shows on the new profession, but when I look at the lesson plan the dot goes away acknowledging what is possible to get. Going back to my original profession, the red dot simply stays.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
    #2221 October, 2019, 07:14 pm.

@Ginnungagap Thanks for providing this report. I'll pass it along to devs so they can repro the issue and will report back if I learn any troubleshooting advice or news about a fix.

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2322 October, 2019, 12:52 am.

Yeh I've suddenly got the issue on profession tree too- no lessons i can do cos not enough red books but still the red dot stays.

It really doesn't do anyone with ocd issues any good at all lol!! Will be soooo glad when it's fixed.

Thank you devs for looking into it & hope its fixed soon cos i keep thinking theres something in my suitcase I've left- then go in & see it on profession- and then lose a bit of my soul- come back out 😂🙈